Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    1st mile of 3000
    I fly half way accross the US to Arizona pick up my Bike at Buddy Stubbs Harley Davidson AZ, life is great I have 2 weeks to ride my bike to Florida .
    Less than 1 mile from the dealership some fkn pos driving a florist delivery van cuts 2 lanes in front of me . I brake the best I can wack into the side of him then get knocked over and lay my bike down on the right side . Then the fkr takes off . My Buddy and another witness chase him down and get him to come back . Dickfk says " I was just turning around " . BS ! Call Police they show up with Fire Trucks and an Ambulance. I'm OK but my pride and joy is scrapped up on both sides . After an hour of info gathering and exchange we take off . As pissed as I am I decide I'm not going to let this spoil my ride .
    Back to the dealer buy a few parts and swap out the broken with new and I'm on my way . Arizona, New Mexico ,Texas ,Louisiana , Mississippi , Alabama then into Florida just over 3000 miles . Great weather over the top scenery and met a few great people . The trip took longer than planned but thats OK . I wanted to meet some of you S.Florida boaters but ran out of time .
    I'm flying back down mid May to ride back to Canada . Maybe if there is something going on then I would like to check out some of the popular Watering Establishments .
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020420.jpg   P1020423.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    I fly half way accross the US to Arizona pick up my Bike at Buddy Stubbs Harley Davidson AZ, life is great I have 2 weeks to ride my bike to Florida .
    Less than 1 mile from the dealership some fkn pos driving a florist delivery van cuts 2 lanes in front of me . I brake the best I can wack into the side of him then get knocked over and lay my bike down on the right side . Then the fkr takes off . My Buddy and another witness chase him down and get him to come back . Dickfk says " I was just turning around " . BS ! Call Police they show up with Fire Trucks and an Ambulance. I'm OK but my pride and joy is scrapped up on both sides . After an hour of info gathering and exchange we take off . As pissed as I am I decide I'm not going to let this spoil my ride .
    Back to the dealer buy a few parts and swap out the broken with new and I'm on my way . Arizona, New Mexico ,Texas ,Louisiana , Mississippi , Alabama then into Florida just over 3000 miles . Great weather over the top scenery and met a few great people . The trip took longer than planned but thats OK . I wanted to meet some of you S.Florida boaters but ran out of time .
    I'm flying back down mid May to ride back to Canada . Maybe if there is something going on then I would like to check out some of the popular Watering Establishments .
    Paul
    Bummer, glad U R OK!!

3. Collapse Details

OK, so since your obviously OK, did he at least buy ya lunch??

Where ya at in So Fl?

4. Collapse Details

That sucks....... they wouldve needed to restrain me from wringing the driver's neck. Glad the rest of the trip was good.

5. Collapse Details

.......and the phone number is shown Guess we need to make a few calls to let the shop owner know we really appreciate his driver leaving the scene of an accident!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    .......and the phone number is shown Guess we need to make a few calls to let the shop owner know we really appreciate his driver leaving the scene of an accident!!!
    I saw that and thought the very same thing.

Did they fault him in the accident or not?

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

7. Collapse Details

Buoy is looking for a job in pa-ho-nix, I am sure they will fire that guy ! glad everything else worked out
    Parabellum FJ²B

8. Collapse Details

Isn't it amazing what a good job the Harley crash bars do to protect the rest of the cycle? Glad you are okay, and that you had a good tour of the South. Your upcoming ride North to Canada should be fantastic!

9. Collapse Details

Glad your OK. Do we need to start making phone calls to this floral place?

10. Collapse Details

Man that reminds me of Mikes accident a bunch of years back when he was riding in Florida. I am glad you pulled out OK, bikes can be fixed easy.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    driving a florist delivery van cuts 2 lanes in front of me .
    Kind of says it all.

Glad you are ok and had a great trip!

12. Collapse Details

That's why I don't buy flowers.

13. Collapse Details

Glad you weren't hurt.
    Sounds like an awesome ride.
    I'll be making the drive out there in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Buoy is looking for a job in pa-ho-nix, I am sure they will fire that guy ! glad everything else worked out
    Thanks for thinking of me. I'm not sure if delivering flowers is really something that my resume would support.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

14. Collapse Details

Shockwave how did you get your bike out to Arizona when you flew out there?

Next time you should call me, I have trucks down there all of the time.

www.tfxinternational.com

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post

www.tfxinternational.com
    I read it as he flew out there and bought it........

Sorry for your bad luck on mile one but the rest of the trip seemed to work out fine, glad you got to keep on riding.

16. Collapse Details

wait a second that bike looks familiar.......lol.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    I read it as he flew out there and bought it........

Sorry for your bad luck on mile one but the rest of the trip seemed to work out fine, glad you got to keep on riding.
    Thats always a doubtful scenario seeing as he would have to pay taxes if he did that....in the US and in Canada!

18. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Buoy;149802

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm not sure if delivering flowers is really something that my resume would support.[/QUOTE]

it is really no problem, just borrow a pair of Tony's crocs and your a (wait for it)...............................

shoe in
    Parabellum FJ²B

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post

www.tfxinternational.com
    Hi Adam ,
    Yes the bike should look familiar. You have hauled it for me before and I was very satisfied with your work . We just let things go too late for this delivery . But I will for sure be calling you for next years trip . I'm thinking California to Key West in the fall .

OK, so since your obviously OK, did he at least buy ya lunch??
    Funny you noticed that . Thats what the driver said . He saw the McDonalds and at the last second he was hungry .

Where ya at in So Fl?
    I left my Bike in Ft.Lauderdale. But plan on riding it home . It's a great way to clear the cobwebs after a long winter .

Did they fault him in the accident or not?

Buck
    Yes he was charged . His Insurance Co. is very worried I was hurt . If they don't pay up I think my neck is starting to hurt .

Sure everyone give them a call . Ask for Jiminez to eliver some flowers .

Paul

20. Collapse Details

Wouldn't look right, I have a little more meat on me, not much, but a little.
    Oh, and I would never wear a pair of those things, I kinda stick to the topsiders.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".