1. Collapse Details
    K N Airfilter on 6.0
    Has anyone put a K N airfilter system on their 6.0 diesel and what where the results?

2. Collapse Details

I have a 2006 F350 I've been looking at Banks 6 guns. Never mod any vehicles but figured I'm going to keep this one for a while so going to add a little bit of umph to it.

Read on there that high EGT causes the most deaths in diesels so any thing to get air flowing is a great thing. I'd love to see how this works out for you!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Craney View Post
    Has anyone put a K N airfilter system on their 6.0 diesel and what where the results?
    Please dont put a K&N on your 6.0. It will kill it. I have an AFE Stage 2 and love it.

Check out what they say on Powerstroke.org

As for adding some power, I have an SCT XCAL 3 and is the ONLY one for a 6.0.

Good luck.
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

4. Collapse Details

The oiled air filters kill the turbo impellers.

5. Collapse Details

DO NOT put a K&N on ANY Powerstroke!!!
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

6. Collapse Details

I tried, through recommendation of a friend, the Amsoil air filter. I can't say I noticed anything. But after I did it my wife asked what I had done cause the truck was more live and the turbo was screaming. JMO But we know what opinions are like

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    DO NOT put a K&N on ANY Powerstroke!!!
    Don't put a K&N on ANYTHING!!!! They are pure GARBAGE! An air filter should filter, and K&N does not, besides stopping small bricks, stones and some small birds!

8. Collapse Details

You're far better off with a more free-flowing exhaust. It's a few more bucks, but it wakes the motor up and it drops the backpressure- effectively letting the heat out. Heat kills diesels. Tuners over about 40 HP will push the head gaskets out of a 6.0

9. Collapse Details

I had an Air Aid on my 2006 6.0 with a Bullydog and a 4" exhaust. 60k miles and it ran flawlessly..... except an alternator crapping out, which i found was pretty common thing.... if you're traveling, i highly suggest having an extra. mine crapped out with the Skater behind it --- not fun going down the highway at night with the juice trickling out!

Joe
    Throttle-Up, Thanks for the WORLD'S FASTEST, BEST HANDLING, GUARANTEED not to break, CNC Propellers

10. Collapse Details

my alt went out at about 60k when i was out of town , had to get towed to an autozone.

11. Collapse Details

The stock air filter on a 6.0 is more than adequate, you gain nothign by putting a K&N on a 6.0. save your turbop and just run it. Maybe do a cat back exhaust but I would leave it alone.