Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    I really like the green and silver. I know the green is bright and will become dated, but it really pops and looks good imo
    You know.....I did agreen like that in Ghost Runner and everybody hated it.....same color green!!!! Go figure!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 59.jpg   58.jpg   apache_36_twistana_123.jpg  

apache_41_sam2_579.jpg   apache_41_sam_engines_600x600_90kb_111.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

These pics should be in such a thread, too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apache_Kid.jpg   APACHE_KID__1990_.jpg   Kid_Apache.jpg  

KID_APACHE__1991_.jpg   ARASAKI.jpg   Arasaki_Apache_47.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

And some more nice race pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails INXS__1989_.jpg   INXS_slow.jpg   LITTLE_CAESAR_S_PIZZA__1989__2.jpg  

LITTLE_CAESARS_PIZZA__1989_.jpg   LITTLE_CAESARS_PIZZA__1989__2.jpg   LITTLE_CEASARS_PIZZA__1989_.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LITTLE_CAESAR_S_PIZZA__1989_.jpg   LUCKY_STRIKE__1989_.jpg   PTM_EXPRESS__1988_.jpg  

PTM_EXPRESS__1988__2.jpg   Spirit_Houston.jpg   Spirit_Houston_charge.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spirit_of_Houston.jpg   Spirit_of_Houston_13.jpg   Spirit_of_Houston_sole_driver.jpg  

Tweet_Revenge.jpg   TWEET_REVENGE__1993_.jpg   TWEET_REVENGE__1994_.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tweet_Revenge_Stock_Island.jpg   Tweet_XS.jpg   ALLEZ_VITE__1991.jpg  

ALLEZ_VITE__1991_.jpg   WARLORD__1986_.jpg   ZAGORSKI_SPECIAL__1991_.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28092008199.jpg   Apache_41.JPG   Dollar_Marine.jpg  

Dollar_Marine_001.jpg   DOLLAR_MARINE_SPECIAL__1990_.jpg   41ST_AIRBORNE__1990_.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Wow, those are some Great pics!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by P19 View Post
    And some more nice race pics...
    Why don't you start to scan and post your own Apache pics instead of copying FF's shots from the BOATMAD gallery?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olli View Post
    Why don't you start to scan and post your own Apache pics instead of copying FF's shots from the BOATMAD gallery?
    I have never said that the last few race pics that I posted were taken by myself, have I? They are old, mostly taken in the 90's, and they can be found on boatmad. But not everybody knows boatmad in the USA.
    Olli, when I take a look at your posts, it seems that most of your pics have not been taken by yourself either, am I right?!? What's wrong with you? This is a picture thread, and I'm pretty sure that most of the users are here because they love boating and enjoy sharing such nice Apache pics. Is it important who took the pics? A lot of pictures that are posted here have not originally been taken by the user who posts them...
    Last edited by P19; 03-07-2010 at 06:14 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Does it really matter who's original pic it is? Most pics are shared anyway unless one is just trying to be right and righteous. Great job P19

13. Collapse Details

...But not everybody knows boatmad in the USA...
    Yeah, hard to believe when you see that most people post pics of FF's gallery.

Olli, when I take a look at your posts, it seems that most of your pics are not taken by yourself either, am I right?!?
    Right.

What's wrong with you?
    I am just pissed off to see people who always take the easy way, let others do the work and hardly ever do anything to contribute. Everyone who is really interested in this stuff has some pics or has some knowledge the others don't have but it seems there are just takers, no givers. I am sick of hearing: "I have this, I have that" and you can bet your ass that no one will ever see those things. Take the Apache 47 thread for example. I am sure that there are at least 10 people on SOS who could easily post pics of the missing boats but it seems it is asked too much to get their asses up and do some scans. The result is that one sees the same stuff again and again and so many things get lost over the time.

14. Collapse Details

Olli, I don't want to debate with you, it's not worth it. But one thing is for sure: If nobody shares and posts pics any more, such a thread would be useless. You can be sure that most of the people here (and in every other boat forum in the www) have already posted pics who have been taken by someone else. And you did it, too. Very, very often... In other forums, too. So what?
    One thing is for sure: If someone wants to have my boat pics that I have taken by myself, he is very welcome to have them. I like to share boat pics, I have no problem with that. That's the general idea of a forum. Just my two cents... And now, we should stop this discussion, mate. Everybody knows now that the last few race pics are from boatmad, so no need to debate any further.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olli View Post
    Yeah, hard to believe when you see that most people post pics of FF's gallery.

Right.

I am just pissed off to see people who always take the easy way, let others do the work and hardly ever do anything to contribute. Everyone who is really interested in this stuff has some pics or has some knowledge the others don't have but it seems there are just takers, no givers. I am sick of hearing: "I have this, I have that" and you can bet your ass that no one will ever see those things. Take the Apache 47 thread for example. I am sure that there are at least 10 people on SOS who could easily post pics of the missing boats but it seems it is asked too much to get their asses up and do some scans. The result is that one sees the same stuff again and again and so many things get lost over the time.
    Olli

Do you really need to grind your axe here bro....if I was to get pissed off at all the photos of mine that people have copied over the years I would be blowing a gasket hourly.....I have boxes of photos of all kinds of $hit but don't always carry the scanner with me on the road to do as you ask because I have neither the time nor space to tote it.....But hey if you have photos post away stud I for one would enjoy seeing them....

Respectfully
    Sean Stinson

16. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    Does it really matter who's original pic it is?
    Ahhhhhhh..... YEAH !!!

I personally do not mind if an image of mine is reposted.
    All I ask is give the name credit.

What seriously pi$$es me off is when people purposely remove my watermarks and then use them...

They have been found of all places on Facebook. What puzzles me any one of my images, galleries or slideshows can be added to the person's FaceBook Profile in just 2 clicks of a mouse by them. It's called a SHARE button and can be found on the top right of every preview image on my site.
    FB & Twitter accounts will display any of the images in my galleries unless they are password protected.
    So because of this breach of trust, that is why you will see multicolor gradient watermarks so it is not so easy to remove one color text from an image.

In the case of the unknown copyright owners, it can be noted where the images were found. In P19's case it was BoatMad.com. Sometimes that may not be always be the case. You may never know where the images originated.

I know myself I have images stored from various places and can even be hot-linked off my Galleries.
    But this is what it states in that assigned Gallery:

"Photos in this Gallery are from other photographers. We do not take credit for their fine work. Should the copyright owner of any of the images find they want the images removed, please contact us and we will do so at the earliest convenience." Of course the other option is if I find out who took the shot, I will certainly be happy to add their photo credit if it would keep the image from being removed.

That is about as much as anyone can do besides not sharing them at all which would make the world a very boring place.

17. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    Ahhhhhhh..... YEAH !!!

I personally do not mind if an image of mine is reposted.
    All I ask is give the name credit.

What seriously pi$$es me off is when people purposely remove my watermarks and then use them...

They have been found of all places on Facebook. What puzzles me any one of my images, galleries or slideshows can be added to the person's FaceBook Profile in just 2 clicks of a mouse by them. It's called a SHARE button and can be found on the top right of every preview image on my site.
    FB & Twitter accounts will display any of the images in my galleries unless they are password protected.
    So because of this breach of trust, that is why you will see multicolor gradient watermarks so it is not so easy to remove one color text from an image.

In the case of the unknown copyright owners, it can be noted where the images were found. In P19's case it was BoatMad.com. Sometimes that may not be always be the case. You may never know where the images originated.

I know myself I have images stored from various places and can even be hot-linked off my Galleries.
    But this is what it states in that assigned Gallery:

"Photos in this Gallery are from other photographers. We do not take credit for their fine work. Should the copyright owner of any of the images find they want the images removed, please contact us and we will do so at the earliest convenience." Of course the other option is if I find out who took the shot, I will certainly be happy to add their photo credit if it would keep the image from being removed.

That is about as much as anyone can do besides not sharing them at all which would make the world a very boring place.
    Well, as I can see your point and kind of agree with it, these are low res pics and they are on the internet. I have tons of pictures that I have accumulated over the years that I have no idea who took them. I saved them because they are cool, not because I wanted to steal them. So, that being said, please forgive me if I ever post a picture that you took and posted online before you started putting watermarks all over them. It's not malicious on my part.

18. Collapse Details

Hey Sharkey.....I understand your point but in this case it is a simple reposting of FF Jeffs work over at BoatMad......when I get ready for a Full Res Framed photo you willbe one of the first ones I call.....but to break the Boatmad guys balls for reposting from his site to our site is a bit over the top....How about all the pics I have the negs for and can prove it that have been watermarked by other sites without my permission just because I scanned and posted them....I agree with your point but in this case I have to kind of call it out into the open!!!!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Hey Sharkey.....I understand your point but in this case it is a simple reposting of FF Jeffs work over at BoatMad......when I get ready for a Full Res Framed photo you willbe one of the first ones I call.....but to break the Boatmad guys balls for reposting from his site to our site is a bit over the top....How about all the pics I have the negs for and can prove it that have been watermarked by other sites without my permission just because I scanned and posted them....I agree with your point but in this case I have to kind of call it out into the open!!!!
    Hey Stinson you get that 47' yet ?

20. Collapse Details

Well, well, well. Was my statement over the top? Kind of. Did I bash the wrong person? Kind of.
    The thing I complain about is not that P19 (Paddy?) posted pics he has not taken himself. As he said above I do that all the time and I simply do that because I have not been there back then to take some. What infuriates me is that there are people like Flying Fish, Littlenige and others who have spent an enormous amount of time and money to put together a collection like there is no other in the world (and if there is it is useless as it is only available to its owner) and put them on the internet for free in the hope that other people look at them, enjoy them and add their parts to the huge puzzle. Instead they do not even get the credit for all this like a simple link would do. One thing that is obvious especially on American forums is that the people who could easily give something back because they follow the sport for a long time or were even involved in racing often do not contribute in any other way than just bull**** talk. 7xChamp is the one and only big exception. So, nothing personal P19. I would just like to see that you and some others do not just copy pics from boatmad or courseoffshore etc., but add parts of your own collection to the puzzle. That would be great.