Thread: Air tanks

1. Collapse Details
    Air tanks
    Does anyone know of a good place to buy air tanks for Race boats? You know, oxygen tanks for a canopy boat.

Thanks!

Master Wrench
    26' Joker, OPA 626

2. Collapse Details

Might just hit a Scuba store near you. Any kind of shipping on those things is a ***** because of weight. And if you find them used they have to be inspected and current before they can be filled. They are just standard scuba tanks though. Who are yu building a canopy boat for, the bosss ????

3. Collapse Details

Go to a nursing home & roll some old folks!

4. Collapse Details

www.leisurepro.com

www.diversdirect.com has about the best deal on tanks but any mail order will have expensive shipping. As Ted said go to your local dive shop and look at pony bottles with inexpensive first and seccond stage regulators. FYI the tanks have to be visually inspected every few years and hydro tested every 5 years. Funny this came up I just drove an hour last night to buy a tank I bought off of craigslist.

Something like this may work for a race boat where very little emergency air is needed. http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SX27Y...3don%26Hit%3d1

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wrench View Post
    Does anyone know of a good place to buy air tanks for Race boats? You know, oxygen tanks for a canopy boat.

Thanks!
    Call me, I have some extras that need a home. They do need VIP's and Hydros. I will pm my number to ya