1. Collapse Details
    Donzi restoration/update
    I've been at this for some time and am finally getting close... here's some before and after pics of my progress. Boat is a 1988 Donzi Minx.

Try to hold back on busting my balls about the wires hanging everywhere... dash still isn't wired up yet

I made the dash panels myself out of plexi, they are painted in Awlgrip to match the rest of the red on the boat.
    The new interior is pearl white carbon fiber, but done in the classic Donzi pleat style. I'm going for the resto-rod feel overall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OneSideSanded.JPG   DSC01041.JPG   DSC01038.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

here it was right after paint...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00710.JPG  

3. Collapse Details

looks great.....love the old donzi's....my first boat was a donzi 18 with a 289 and omc drive....

4. Collapse Details

New Plexi in the windshield?

Jeff

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Anchored View Post
    New Plexi in the windshield?

Jeff
    Nope, I put static cling tint on it, on the outside. I got the stuff from walmart, cost about $20 for the whole job, and considering how little I actually look through the shield it should do the job fine for now.

6. Collapse Details

very nice,great job!!!! Whats the power?

7. Collapse Details

350 chevy... nothing like most of the people here have, but it will do for now (translation: I can afford it)

8. Collapse Details

If you'd spent more time working on it and less surfing the net, you'd be running it in the Keys this weekend

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    If you'd spent more time working on it and less surfing the net, you'd be running it in the Keys this weekend
    I'd usually try for a witty response, but I'm actually waiting on parts to come. Triton hose is on backorder, and no matter how hard I try I can't run the boat with only one exhaust hooked up

hopefully I'll see you this weekend and have a chance to buy you a drink

10. Collapse Details

It sure looks a heckuva lot better than when you had it here. I still say my Minx was THE most fun boat I've ever driven. If not, feel free to leave it here.

Great job!

I can still remember what that trailer tongue felt like across the bridge of my nose!

11. Collapse Details

Looking veeeerrrry good. That will be one enjoyable ride, no doubt.

12. Collapse Details

My dealer has Triton hose in stock, what do you need? Hell, I have pieces floating around my shop, might have what ya need...

13. Collapse Details

My dealer has Triton hose in stock, what do you need? Hell, I have pieces floating around my shop, might have what ya need...
    4" hump hose. it's blue, I think it is 6 inches long. I can take a pic and measure the hose I have tonight. I just need the other side.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    It sure looks a heckuva lot better than when you had it here. I still say my Minx was THE most fun boat I've ever driven. If not, feel free to leave it here.

Great job!

I can still remember what that trailer tongue felt like across the bridge of my nose!
    How you been Joe? the engine is alive in my brother's boat. the outdrive isn't installed on mine yet, but will be soon.

Is there a run near you this year? If I ever get this thing completed I'd like to go... you can ride with me, drive too.

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    Looks like you have quite a bit of work into that bad boy. Im sure you feel great about it after that transformation. Let us know when its all finished up I want to see some on the water pics of it!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FCMarine View Post
    Looks like you have quite a bit of work into that bad boy. Im sure you feel great about it after that transformation. Let us know when its all finished up I want to see some on the water pics of it!
    I do have a lot into it, both time and $$. and somehow I'm still married. I had the new exhaust in my bedroom for a number of months. Boxes stacked in the bathroom, interior in the living room, etc.

My brother joked around and said waking up to polished stainless is better than coffee... I don't think my wife agrees

I will post pics of it wet, hopefully soon!!!

17. Collapse Details

Post the pic, let me se what they got here...

18. Collapse Details

Post the pic, let me se what they got here...
    Sorry, haven't gotten to it yet, will snap one tonight if I can find the time.

Wife got really sick (8.5 months pregnant too) so I was left watching my 2 YO daughter.

I had the bright idea to have her help me with the boat... I figured it would get her outside and in a contained area inside of it. She was helping me with the wiring until she got bored and dumped my well organized box of wiring connectors on the floor of the boat. she followed that up by putting my heat shrink tubing into the cupholders... of course, the cupholders are not in the boat so she was dumping them into un-obtainable areas of the bilge.

I did manage to get the ignition and fuel pump all re-wired during that fiasco. Fuel pump needs to be replaced though, not strong enough, so I made virtually no progress other than getting new wires dropped

19. Collapse Details

here we go... don't bust my balls on the lack of double clamps, I mis-placed the other 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01085.jpg