Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    My wife has and carries a Smith & Wesson Airweight J-Frame. No hammer to get caught up in things. If she leaves her business or a mall, etc. she can have it in her hand inside her purse. If something goes down, she can fire 5 rounds through her purse without any hang ups. Dave
    What did you pay for that. My wife wants one.

I see a bullet in my future!

2. Collapse Details

You can find the airweights in 3 to 400 range. I highly reccomend the concealed hammer version. I have the DAO model and the long stiff trigger pull takes a while to master. Add to that the 1-3/8" barrel with +P defense ammo and putting all 5 shots in the pie plate at 15' is harder than you might think.

3. Collapse Details

I agree with Wardey, J frame Smith airweight with a shrouded hammer,,pretty much a goof proof weapon for a woman, not meaning to knock women, but with an automatic once it's cocked they won't know what to do if they don't have to fire and if it does jam they won't know how to clear it....But like anything else, their ARE exceptions to the woman thing. When I was married my wife at the time got a concealed weapons permit and when we went to the range and I let her try a couple of my automatics she wasn't comfortable with them(and I wasn't comfortable watching the way she handled an automatic) so she ended up with the J frame airweight Smith as pictured in Wardey's post(except without the pink grips,,,sheesh)
    The more I know about people, the more I like my dogs

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You can find the airweights in 3 to 400 range. I highly reccomend the concealed hammer version. I have the DAO model and the long stiff trigger pull takes a while to master. Add to that the 1-3/8" barrel with +P defense ammo and putting all 5 shots in the pie plate at 15' is harder than you might think.
    definitely a cool piece, but as you said- pretty hard to group with a small handgun and a double action only style shooting. Women are usually down a little hand strength on guys and the double action squeeze makes it even harder for them to shoot this way than us.

My babe decided rather than risk the % of a small hammer snagging in a handbag scene - she would gladly give up a few % chance of success in that arena - for much better acuracy in a single action draw down situation.

She settled on a Ruger sp-101 357Magnum with a trigger/spring kit loaded with +P glasers as the "carry piece".

Arent firearms just awesome!

Uncle Dave

5. Collapse Details

I didn't buy my ex'es gun for her to target practice,I bought it for self defense(20ft or so) we spent enough time at the range to make sure she could hit a man sized target at the 20 to 25 ft mark,and I opted for her safety(and those innocent bystanders around her if she ever did have to pull it, hence no automatic)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KENNYO View Post
    What did you pay for that. My wife wants one.

I see a bullet in my future!
    I think I paid around $375.00 and hers doesn't have pink grips either. I can shoot it with a close grouping at 30 yards and she has no problem hitting the "kill zone" with it also. I wouldn't want her to have an semi-auto. It also makes a great ankle gun. Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03567.jpg  
    Last edited by Wardey; 02-20-2009 at 05:30 PM.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

7. Collapse Details

My wife completed her CC class Sunday; first time ever shooting a hand gun; she shot 50 rounds with a 22 revolver and 50 with the Glock 19 9mm; then qualified with the Glock. Her accuracy with the Glock was significantly better. When qualifiying, not a single shot was outside the 8...the requirement for LE. all without a single limp wrist issue...I was impressed.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    My wife completed her CC class Sunday; first time ever shooting a hand gun; she shot 50 rounds with a 22 revolver and 50 with the Glock 19 9mm; then qualified with the Glock. Her accuracy with the Glock was significantly better. When qualifiying, not a single shot was outside the 8...the requirement for LE. all without a single limp wrist issue...I was impressed.
    tell her congrats!!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    Congrats to her!!!! Now just don't piss her off!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Congrats to her !!! Dave

11. Collapse Details

Glock 26 with Glock 17 +2 Clip.

12. Collapse Details

Congrats, I wish I could get my wife to go. She likes to shoot, but doesn't want to carry.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gerritm View Post
    Congrats, I wish I could get my wife to go. She likes to shoot, but doesn't want to carry.
    Tell her she should get it anyhow, even if she doesn't want to carry. This is one of our rights that the obamotics is trying to stop. Tell her to get it while she can. Dave

14. Collapse Details

I think I paid around $375.00 and hers doesn't have pink grips either. I can shoot it with a close grouping at 30 yards and she has no problem hitting the "kill zone" with it also. I wouldn't want her to have an semi-auto. It also makes a great ankle gun. Dave
    I see you opted for the no hammer version for your backup..The ankle holster thing doesn't work for me, I wear boots 15hrs a day.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slick02 View Post
    I see you opted for the no hammer version for your backup..The ankle holster thing doesn't work for me, I wear boots 15hrs a day.

Uncle Mikes makes a cheap IWB (inside the waistband) holster for the J frame that works great. You can hardly feel it, let alone see it.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slick02 View Post
    I usually don't ankle carry either, only if i'm in dress clothes and have a nice shirt tucked in, and the gun "prints" badly. I like the inside the wiasteband "super tuck" holsters from Crossbreed (http://crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html ) , and with that I either carry a Kahr CW.45 or a Springfield XD.40M. Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SuperTuck_untucked2-154x217.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

I usually don't ankle carry either, only if i'm in dress clothes and have a nice shirt tucked in, and the gun "prints" badly. I like the inside the wiasteband "super tuck" holsters from Crossbreed (http://crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html ) , and with that I either carry a Kahr CW.45 or a Springfield XD.40M. Dave
    I like the Crossbreed hoslters alot but I found the Com-Tac to be more comfortable with the wide body of my XD .40.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...304kpq7nd1g7u3

They are both very similar but the Comp-Tac you can change out the kydex piece depending on what gun you want to carry so you only have 1 holster with different bodies if you want.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tunnelvision69 View Post
    a friend of mine who is a cop just bought a kel-tec .380 for his wife & it will fit in your back pocket. sweet gun
    I have 2 of these guns and love them, small, compact and easy to conceal, but they have a lot of kick back and are loud!!! I think they make them in pink!!

19. Collapse Details

In t-shirts I carry a Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380 in a Galco inside the waistband in the small of my back, and when wearing a jacket I carry a Kimber Ultra Ten II in a High Noon Closing Argument holster, and then carry a Freedom Arms 22lr pocket revolver(fits in the palm of your hand for those "just in case moments") all of the time.