Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
  1. Collapse Details

Larry Smith developed the original Scarab boats. He then licensed the trademark to Wellcraft and contunued to develop subsequesnt boats/designs for them. He also built some boats on his own under Team Scarab and then after the license agreement w/ Wellcraft expired in 2002. Around 2006 or so Wellcraft purchased the Scarab trademark outright from Larry Smith. The 43 molds were then sold to Eliminator

2. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info. Im in Eliminator country out here, so it was big news about the purchase of the 43. Did the Larry Smith hulls differ from a "non Larry Smith"? There is a 1982 Kaama special edition on the web for sale. I heard Kaama referred to the drives that were made out west in Huntington Beach. What does KAAMA refer to?

On a side note, have you seen the 38 Scarab for sale in So Cal for 19k? It on the LA Craigslist and Offshoreboat.com. It is 1990 and has the arch.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by deepv29 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Im in Eliminator country out here, so it was big news about the purchase of the 43. Did the Larry Smith hulls differ from a "non Larry Smith"? There is a 1982 Kaama special edition on the web for sale. I heard Kaama referred to the drives that were made out west in Huntington Beach. What does KAAMA refer to?

On a side note, have you seen the 38 Scarab for sale in So Cal for 19k? It on the LA Craigslist and Offshoreboat.com. It is 1990 and has the arch.
    You are also in Larry Smith/Team Scarab country.

Have not seen the boat you are referring too.

Kaama Scarabs were a model name/trim package and actually had nothing to do with whether they had Kaama drives or not.

There are the LS built Scarabs which are/were a custom, purpose built boat. They are a very well built structure and have a somewhat cult like following. There are the Wellcraft built Scarabs that were designed and/or tweaked by LS and then there are the Wellcraft built Scarabs that had nothing to do with LS period other than using the trademark.

4. Collapse Details

Here's mine....picked her up early last September

5. Collapse Details

I have this 38 for sale at a great price!! 850hp blower motors and #5's. Runs 100mph and is a Team Scarab USA edition. All the added deacals have been removed and the boat is being buffed as we speak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OL 006.jpg   OL 007.jpg   OL 012.jpg  

OL 011.jpg   OL 009.jpg   OL 010.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    Here are a couple of my 43
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 007.jpg   042.jpg   DSCF0045.jpg  

DSCF0043.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

nice looking 43!
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    I have this 38 for sale at a great price!! 850hp blower motors and #5's. Runs 100mph and is a Team Scarab USA edition. All the added deacals have been removed and the boat is being buffed as we speak.
    WOW, was this a former race boat. I never seen this one and what would the price be on somthing like this ?
    Thank you.
    Very nice boat!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    WOW, was this a former race boat. I never seen this one and what would the price be on somthing like this ?
    Thank you.
    Very nice boat!
    It was not a former race boat.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37641-en.html

10. Collapse Details

Scarab 43,

Love your boat. Got any more pics of her? What's layout like downstairs?

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    Here are a couple more, down under there is a bathroom,sink, closet, couch's, bed and storage in front of that and a refridge, I put a swim platform on and took the three bladed props off and got labbed 26 four blades.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0040.jpg   DSCF0041.jpg   Labor Day.jpg