1. Collapse Details
    SPRINT BOATS: Port Angeles races now a two-day event
    Blog Entries
    Series adds Oregon race track, Stihl sponsorship

PORT ANGELES — An additional track and a different format for competition will lead to more time in the channels for sprint boat drivers and navigators and more fun for race fans in changes made for the 2023 season of The American Sprint Boat Racing Association (ASBR).

The association announced some major additions to its operations this week, launching a Stihl-sponsored professional point series that will connect Port Angeles Extreme Sports Park and a new sprint boat layout at the Ontario, Ore., Speedway with racers competing for cash and points toward an overall season championship.

Racing will expand from a one-day event with qualifications, elimination and championship rounds to a two-day weekend event with qualification rounds held on a Saturday and championship laps occurring on Sundays.

The 2023 series dates and locations are: Port Angeles: July 29-30 and again Sept. 9-10 and at Ontario, Ore., on Aug. 12-13 and Sept. 30-Oct. 1.

ASBR principal partners and race boat owners Dan Morrison and Doug Hendrickson restructured the organization, adding Gary Longley as new principal partner and director of business development and Wendy Erin as secretary and media director.

Longley owns Longley Motorsports Marketing and his EF-65 Hand Cleaner company also has sponsored major motorsports teams in associations ranging from NHRA to NASCAR. He also works as a senior sales and marketing executive with Pacific Raceway in Kent.

“After I attended my first ASBR sprint boat race in Port Angeles, I was hooked instantly after witnessing the unbelievable driving skills of these racers,” Longley said. “This is the most exciting sports competition I have ever witnessed. I am honored to be a part of ASBR and will apply my skills to the goal of growing this extreme sport across the nation live, throughout the Northwest and beyond.”

The racing series also has partnered with German chainsaw manufacturer Stihl on a multiyear contract to serve as title sponsor.

Located in eastern Oregon, the Ontario Speedway was carved out of the former Ontario public golf course and hosted its first races in 2022. It boasts ample open space and camping areas for spectators.

Admission tickets and campground passes for the Port Angeles events are available at https://www.extremesportspark.net/buy-tickets/ and the Ontario, Ore., events at https://tinyurl.com/PDN-Ontario.

For more information, visit asbracing.com or www.facebook.com/AmericanSprintBoatRacing.

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/s...two-day-event/

2. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

Last edited by Serious News; 04-09-2023 at 11:34 PM.