1. Collapse Details
    Hardin Marine Hot On The Bluetooth Technology Trail For Miami Boat Show
    Just one of several Bluetooth enabled aftermarket products Hardin Marine will display later this month in Miami, https://www.speedonthewater.com/hard...ami-boat-show/

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmmmmm, interesting.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was hesitant about using a bluetooth controled device to manage a system in a performance boat. If you've ever used bluetooth headphones etc., you know how they can be interefered with by other bluetooth devices. It seemed a bit dangerous to me.

Well, today we spent an hour probably going over the bluetooth controlled systems with the guys in the Hardin Booth, and the designer/manufacturer. It is really sweet, and there is a very good chance thedy will be used on a new Skater that should be going into the paint booth right now.

The interference I was worried about cannot happen. The Bluetooth system used utilizes 128 bit encryption, and the sending unit and the receiving unit are actually encoded to each other at the factory. Therefore, other bluetooth devices cannot interfere.

I'll dig into it more, but the capabilities of what was exhibited to us today were impressive. Very impressive.

More info to follow.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!