Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

90 in your boat in the Pacific could be a handful. I think for my 29 Outlaw topping out at high 80's would be fine. Most of the guys I run with (TG's, Tigers, 42 Fountains, Outerlimits, etc) generally run around 75 to 80 on the Catalina or Santa Barbara runs. They will open them up once in a while (or if they're racing) but most of the time the water will keep them at 75 or so. Going faster really starts to beat you up. If I can run comfortably at 75/80 without being at full throttle I'd be happy. At the last SCOPE poker run we were running 65 most of the way and pasted a lot of faster bigger boats. I know they could have gone faster but I'm sure they (and their passengers) were happy with the pace.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Baja Fresh View Post
    90 in your boat in the Pacific could be a handful. I think for my 29 Outlaw topping out at high 80's would be fine. Most of the guys I run with (TG's, Tigers, 42 Fountains, Outerlimits, etc) generally run around 75 to 80 on the Catalina or Santa Barbara runs. They will open them up once in a while (or if they're racing) but most of the time the water will keep them at 75 or so. Going faster really starts to beat you up. If I can run comfortably at 75/80 without being at full throttle I'd be happy. At the last SCOPE poker run we were running 65 most of the way and pasted a lot of faster bigger boats. I know they could have gone faster but I'm sure they (and their passengers) were happy with the pace.

90 in my boat isn't happening. I was infeering if I had like a 38 Top Gun or 42 Fountain, I would like it to be in the 90-100 range and would actually run it there on a regular basis. In my current boat I would like it to touch the 80 mark but don't want to spend that much money to make that happen.

3. Collapse Details

Comfortable speed is relative to the boat. I have been scared to death in a 21 Skater with twin outboards at any speed over 70 mph. It runs about 120.
    I actually had a guy fall alsleep on a long run in a Poker Run in my MTI at 125 mph. Not from drinking but the boat is just so calming and stable at high speeds.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradz View Post
    Comfortable speed is relative to the boat. I have been scared to death in a 21 Skater with twin outboards at any speed over 70 mph. It runs about 120.
    I actually had a guy fall alsleep on a long run in a Poker Run in my MTI at 125 mph. Not from drinking but the boat is just so calming and stable at high speeds.
    There are not many 21 Skaters with twins. I was lucky to ride in one. I wonder if it the same boat. It was sold from Jersey in the mid'90's to someone in the mid west. His name was Walter L. It was silly fast. I tested it at 119 just prior to the sale.