Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

My general opinion is that people should lose their gun rights for actions or threats. Not suspicion of bad thoughts or a vindictive ex decided to throw someone under a bus. I don't know enough about this specific aspect of another state's laws, so I don't know how badly it had been mis-used. I have zero tolerance for bad behavior while armed.

Threaten to shoot your neighbor? No guns for you.
    Brandish a weapon during road rage? No guns for you.
    Convicted of violent felony? No guns for you.
    Let the parking enforcement officer see your CCW while they are writing you a ticket? You're done.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You may want to do a bit of research on it because, in my opinion, it will be toted as the base for a new federal law because it was implemented by Republicans in a Republican state.

How can the Republicans in the Fed say no to one that the Dems can tout as created and implemented by Reps?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Florida is special. No offense.

Meanwhile, some states expand gun rights. So we shall see.

4. Collapse Details

What if we taught kids in school to be responsible for one another? Most of these shooters were bullied. Which you used to have to work harder at. My bully had to ride my bus instead of his if he wanted to sit next to me and punch my arm really hard. (I kicked his ass when we were 18, and I had grown much more than he expected.) Bullying is incredibly easy now. Start by breaking down cliques and forcing people to learn about each other. There should be a class in school about dis-association and how it plays out.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    You talk about bullying; it makes no sense to me at all versus the way I was raised. My Dad raised us with a firm man rule. Men were put on this earth to protect women, puppies and kittens. In other words, real men protect those less able to protect themselves.

In school the so-called jocks, it was our job to stop bullies. If we heard about a bully picking on little guys, girls, etc., it was our duty to make sure that ended. And we did.

Bullies found out what it was like to be bullied in short order. It always stopped.

What happened to those rules?

6. Collapse Details

Simultaneously: the me generation and bad parenting happened. Kids ego needs went way up. Parental guidance went way down. This was an intermediary step to where we are now, which is a society based almost completely on vanity.

We found out who was raised by the Firm Man Rule on this site like 12 years ago. Wink.

On that note, there is not a current member of this small site that I would not trust. From Michigan, to Texas, to Florida..

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFF0AF79-A27D-4B5B-A104-6658D4289D28.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	650.9 KB 
ID:	92539

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    This article explains why I pick the age of 25, brain development of the prefrontal cortex, and what the prefrontal cortex does.

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/0...lly-developed/

However, I still believe there are a lot of younger people who are fully responsible. So, figure out a common sense rule for them. To me it would be three things, No Semi Automatic weapons without a special permit that includes training and testing like I had to do when I was a kid. A background check that includes a social media review. And a written authorization from their legal guardians that they approved and understood, (if the person was under 18), that they could be held responsible for any unlawful actions that may be committed by the minor with that weapon.

Other than meeting those criteria, under the age of 25 you can only own non-semi-auto weapons.

Or something along those lines.

9. Collapse Details

A) The use of "common sense" is incredibly problematic. "Common sense" is a romantic myth that does not exist.
    Besides, it gets in the way of "individual sense" which is what this country was founded on.

Call it a compromise, if you must.

B) You just keep focusing on the hardware, not the kid. You underestimate the power of hate. Shotguns played a significant role in Columbine. Threats are starting to move toward bombs. You want snipers? You want little ****ers sitting up on a hill with Mosin bolt actions taking out kids one by one? You can keep taking weapons off the table.... but you are phucked until you fix the kids. Stop looking in the safe and start looking in hearts.

10. Collapse Details

JClick image for larger version. 

Name:	6ip2uo.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	92544

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That's why the special requirements for kids under the age of ? There are 80% or 90% good kids, even today I think. Make them go through the criteria to get a weapon that would weed out the asshats.

If it takes special training and testing, so be it. It didn't bother me way back, and it sorted out the crap.

So, same rules as now, except anyone under the age of 25 has to have extra training and pass a test similar to what an adult goes through for a concealed carry permit.

12. Collapse Details

1000 percent tax. Because Democrats are willing to let guns be for the wealthy only. Anything to avoid the real problem.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...d5a9dea73a7e11

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Yep, that's just Bull ****!

Plus they are trying to make it so gun manufacturers can be sued if a gun they made is used in a crime.

I might go for that if you could sue DA's for not prosecting criminals, and they commit another crime. Same for parole boards and judges. Plus you could sue politicians who lie to get elected, then do not even make any attempt to keep their promise.

14. Collapse Details

The end of personal responsibility.

I would not have expected it to come so close to the end of our socio-economic system, which is unravelling before our eyes as they distract people with **** they can't control.

Give it until September. Nobody (who hasn't already figured this out) will give up their guns once they realized we have been lowered to a second world country by globalists who hijacked us. This is why they are moving so quickly and the media talking points are aligned against any pull of any trigger. MASS SHOOTING!!!!! LOTS OF SCARY BOOLITTS.

15. Collapse Details

Parabellum FJ²B

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Here's a bit about Florida's Guardian program and the Polk County Sheriff's response to the Texas issue.

Watch at least the first 7 minutes or so if you have the time.

17. Collapse Details

What he is saying is that the untrained, unarmed parents trying to storm the loser were right.

The professional LEOs in TX were largely pussies.

18. Collapse Details

Here's why we still have this problem:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...125d1a88525720

When we should have expert psychologists testifying on the issue of rampant violence in our nation, we have victims doing pure emotional propaganda about guns.

BECAUSE THE GOAL IS NOT TO FIX THE PROBLEM. They know they can't. They don't even try. Just more emotional theater. David Hogg is their expert.

"Gun advocates" should also not be there. The guns are inanimate objects. The people should be the focus.

19. Collapse Details

I tried to understand why parents would drag a shaking, traumatized 11 year old to the circus.

Then I saw the mom's go fund me was only at $468,000. We need to pump that up.

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That is just sickening. Even the expert quoted in the article:

Wendy Ellis, assistant professor and director of the Center for Community Resilience at George Washington University, is concerned Wednesday's hearing could further traumatize Miah. Ellis specializes in adverse childhood experiences and trauma.

"We have a real problem in wanting to make her the poster child of this," Ellis said. "This child needs adults to step up and do the work. It shouldn’t be on the shoulders of a child. For her to become the face of this effort is not right. It's not her responsibility."

Just sickening.