1. Collapse Details
    Ran Hot Sauce this afternoon.
    Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    It was a fine mid December day on Lake Travis. Record high temps the last few days. Today the sun was peaking out occasionally with temps in the upper 70's. We had fuel to burn. Ran the length nearly 30 miles from Bar K to Windy point. In the main basin the wind was blowing steady creating whitecaps. I was teaching my young friend how to run his 18 formula smoothly over the top of a nice tight chop. It sure is fun to float a small boat across the tops at 55 mph. However, it was a little frightening at times As I hoped he did not make a mistake. It was a good lesson for my inexperienced friend. Hot Sauce is a great introductory boat to learn from. It was a nice ride; perfect last ride of the year.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Hot Sauce is a 1976 F18 formula. For those unfamiliar it is an Arranow designed deep V round bottom that resembles an 18 Donzi. I recently replaced its original 188 Mercuruiser with a 5.7 265 vortec package. Very fun boat that runs about 60 mph. Its a great starter boat for learning to drive fast boats. Reminds me of my teenage years playing on the south river .

3. Collapse Details

Sounds like fun !!

Congrats