1. Collapse Details
    Cigarette 37,6 race hulls
    I started a Cigarette 35 race hull thread on OSO some years ago but now try to identify the few 37,6 race hulls (38s) out there. Their HIN starts with CRT37 but maybe the later two Danger Zone´s start with CRT38. I don´t think many were made, I know of about 12-14 hulls if I´m right about their origin.

1. Hull #1 is Ajac Hawk later Cigarette Hawk, later Faberge Super Brut owned and raced by Jerry Jacoby. Jerry sold the boat in 1984. It´s said that Mystifier, owned by Tom O´Connell and raced by Jay Castaline is the old Ajac and is still around i Florida. Anyway Jay sold Mystifier in 2004, today?

2. Hull #2 Satin Doll rigged by John Pompi and Jerry Stark, originally El Boss but rejected by Willy Diaz because too heavy. Now owned by Andre Thor Malek

3. Hull #3 (CRT37003) was for sale on OSO just now. Paint job is very similar to Another Bad Move. Boat is in awesome condition.

4. El Boss raced by Willy Diaz. I think this might be the hull Bad Attitude that Kidapache had with flames and that was later wrapped as Wraps1, today?

5. a 1979 or 1980, Dillinger owned by John Staluppi, later Hot Shot raced by Jose ”Joey" Rodriguez, later The Collection raced by Jose ”Joey” Rodriguez” and by Al Picon, later The Connection by Bernardo ”Bernie” Gonzalez Jr and later Assault. Assault was bought by Edwin Scheer and painted white, raced by Pete Riveiro, sold to Tom O´Connell and then Jay Castaline sold her in 2005, today?

6. Island Runner owned by Bob Starnes and rigged by John Pompi and Jerry Stark, later Molson Indy raced by Lorne Leibel, later Hawk Marine Power raced by Mandy Fernadez and later renamed Melons, today?

7. a 1979, Limit Up raced by Peter Doxford, later raced by Ted Toleman as Peter Styvesant, today?

8. Body Shot

9. Popeye´s raced by Al Copeland, later raced as Stiletto, later as EST in Europe by Didier Pironi, today?

10. a 1983 hull, built by MM for Bob Gallow, now owned by Bob Buice but HIN starts with CRT38028

11. a 1986 hull, The red Danger Zone raced by Carlos Capilla, later race as Airborne by Art Girard now owned and is being restored by Gino Sprockel

12. a 1987 hull, The blue Danger Zone raced by Carlos Capilla, later Black Thunder by John Rehban, later raced as Another Bad Move by Joe Brack, supposed to be the last 37,6x hull pulled out of the mould in 1987, today?

13. Mystifier if not Ajac (see nr 1)

14. Bad Attitude later wrapped as Wraps1 if not El Boss (see nr 4)
    Last edited by steeb; 11-23-2021 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This will be a tough challenge I believe, but, no reason not to try.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

I also have this thread on Facebook now - https://www.facebook.com/aflatdeck/p...36093492115956

4. Collapse Details

The Cigarette flat deck thread has moved to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigaretteflatdecks