Sarasota Florida is my pick as “The Best” destination for boating and winter escape.
I know this is a bold statement and I may be somewhat biased as I’ve been coming here regularly since I was a kid in the early 70’s.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-31_19-06-45_456.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	79054

We did give the rest of Florida a fair shake. 3 years ago we brought our boat down and stayed in Sebring for 3+ months. Every weekend we picked a new spot to check out and try to top. Sebastian/Ft Pierce, Ft Myers, Miami, Charlotte Harbor, Clearwater and of course the Keys. We also did several inland lakes and waterways. It was a good base as we were less than 1hr from either coast and a few minutes from Lake June which served as our fresh water flush and trailer rinse location.

For the race fans and wanna-bes like me this area is a hot bed for boat racers. There has to be more race teams per square mile than anywhere else. Ryan Beckly, Grants Signature Rigging, The Hulk, ScottFree Racing, Broadco Cat 5, and more.

We stopped by Ryan’s Kinetic Animation Shop unannounced or invited hoping for a quick peak at some race boats. Knowing how busy they would be getting ready for the KW race. Not only did they drop what they were doing and opened up the shop doors for us to take some pictures, Ryan was happy to talk with us as long as we wanted somehow remembered us from attending his annual NY Day Fun Run. We didn’t keep them for too long.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-28_11-37-30_447.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	79055