1. Collapse Details
    1978 36' Cigarette - $17000 (Lake Texoma)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cigarette 1978 36.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	78216

I am selling my 36' Cigarette flat deck on a trailer that I bought a few years ago since I have lost interest in it. The engines are 540CID "bulldogs" with huge oil coolers making 630HP each and running Stellings headers. I installed nose cones on the TRS drives and freshened the entire transom, drives, and trim tabs with black Imron. It has counter rotating Hydromotive Quad IV 24P props running right at 70MPH on the last outing. I installed a new floor, but it needs the flooring cover installed. I bought new gray micro dot flooring and gray aquaturf material to do the cockpit and cabin, but I did not finish the work. I had the upholstery and engine covers redone in all white marine vinyl, but they also need to be installed. All the gauges work, but the entire dash should probably be restored before installing the flooring, aquaturf, and upholstery and that is where I stopped on the restoration. The boat has 2 new huge starting batteries, but the 2 house batteries need to be replaced. It has Shorepower with a 12VDC/120VAC refrigerator, an inverter, a large in house battery charger for all 4 batteries, water pump with faucet, bathroom with holding tank, GPS, entertainment center with audio and video. There are trim tab and drive indicators. The cabin is respectable, but the cockpit needs to be reassembled and the dash restored. The boat should run as it is since I winterized it with everything running, but it really needs some TLC before taking it out. The boat is fairly loud with the Stellings headers so keep that in mind if you are concerned with exhaust noise. Here is a youtube video of the boat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVBs12e_n4
    The first picture is this 36' Cigarette photoshopped with Don Aronow racing his 36' Cigarette. The boat has been in enclosed storage near Lake Texoma for the few years I have owned it. I have the clear title ready for the new owner. $17,000 firm price before the end of April. You can reach me through craigslist or call me at nine zero three 786-6281 No prop knockers please. Thanks, Bill

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/4362161038.html

2. Collapse Details

Wasn't "The Cigarette" a Cary?

3. Collapse Details

Covering TRS drives with Imron equals "freshening" them.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No it doesn't, you have to polish the tiebar too!!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Uploaded on Dec 16, 2009

1978 36' Cigarette (flat deck) with twin 540CID "bulldog" engines making 630HP each with Stellings headers running through nose-coned TRS drives with counter-rotating 24" Hydromotive Quad 4 props. Top speed so far is 70MPH at 5200RPM in the 4 out position on the Bluewater trim indicators. This video was taken right after running for over an hour on 12/14/2009 at Lake Texoma (Highport Marina). Great day! Bill (Conquistador del Mar)

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    If the wood is good, 17,000 on a trailer seems like a decent price.....

7. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Wasn't "The Cigarette" a Cary?
    Yes it was and the boat that is shown in the CL ad was only 32 feet long, not 36 feet.
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

8. Collapse Details

that is a heck of a good looking boat, and oh man that seems like a great price to me. seller seems to be up front by the sounds of his ad. hope to see this classic go to a good home.

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I think you need a backup, just in case the Baron takes longer than you figured.....

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I think you need a backup, just in case the Baron takes longer than you figured.....
    that is to funny. when we started the restore amanda was 13. now the kids are both in college. we were going to have it done the next spring to do some sking, tubing, wake boarding and ripping up spring lake. lol. if i was single i would have had it done in 1 winter. but i could not give up mrs baron and the kids for nothing. i think i will need to pass on this backup, it is to big for spring lake. i have been looking at some powerplays, but i just need to get the little hot rod done.

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Well then, stay away from Florida so you can stay well!! Next time just send me down in your place so you'll stay safe!