Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    I stand ready to use lethal force to defend my home and all who reside in it. Sign out front says "Warning: Residents are armed - DO NOT ENTER or ATTEMPT TO ENTER" in both English and Spanish. Our phones are on the night tables. My gun is within arms reach of my bed and the gun is not loaded but ammo is safely at the ready. We have discussed protocol and have identified our defensible zone. My wife and I will do three things nearly simultaneously when and if an intruder enters my residence. 1.) call 911 2.) make it known - loudly and repeatedly that we are armed and the police are on the way. 3.) shoot to kill if the intruder does not immediately flee. I am more willing to endure the grief of taking some misguided soul's life that chooses to violate my home than endure the grief that ensues from his taking my wife's life or my innocent children's lives. Having said that, I'm not prepared to use lethal force to stop someone who is fleeing from my property with or without some of my personal possessions.
    Goof grief! What part of Hell do you live in? Why are you so worried about a home invasion? I think it's time to move!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Goof grief! What part of Hell do you live in? Why are you so worried about a home invasion? I think it's time to move!
    I live in a very pleasant area in the Willamette Valley just south of Portland. One of my many (plagiarized) mottos is " An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" If someone reads the signs and thinks twice before they try to break in - job accomplished. Frankly, I'm not particularly worried about home invasions. Interestingly, my wife and I are generally known as very hospitable people, continually hosting gatherings for friends, family and community. And BTW, I'm rather libertarian in my outlook - I'm all for folks enjoying life in whatever manner suits them. I draw a firm clear line in front anyone however than means us harm.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson