Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    The Scorpion, with 633hp Haltech 540's, Huber 1450's, and TRS's is 76 best. I'd have to believe you're looking in the same range. Blueprint the bottom and the drives, maybe pushing 80, but I wouldn't bet on it.....

As a true 41 Apache expert emailed; crash boxes or transmissions? Dry sump 6's, or wet sump? And, the weight on 41's varied tremendously, so what is the weight of the one we are discussing?
    It's a hypothetical based on a few available without power. Probably heavier than not.
    Just a little off-season dreamin. My guess was 70 in realistic conditions.

But if I were to take on such an endeavor, it would have an equal chance of being a 43 BT hull.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now there's a dilemma. The only thing that would make my mind up on that choice, do you want the cabin headroom because you plan to spend weekends on the boat, (and the occasional week). If not, the Apache has the "A" appeal, but will burn more fuel at the same speeds, and be a little bit slower at cruise and top end. But, all 41's were Kevlar and the layup's were tough as could be. It would out perform the BT in the really rough stuff. I would go with the BT, but everyone knows I'm prejudiced that way....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    Another good person to ask would be Tony from Chicago. He owns the 41' called "Bad Medicine". I believe his boat meets the above description fairly closely. I am pretty sure that he is a member here, although I am not sure what his screen name is. He is friends with Mark (MrCig) and Ryan(Flatdeckcig). Maybe you could message them.

4. Collapse Details

I'm not 100% sure on the drives on Tony's boat, and usually I'm up on these kinds of things! I am usually too busy checking out the awesome airbrushing on the hull! I think he's running 3As if I had to guess, and the motors are in the 700 hp range. He maxes out in the low 70s for sure.