1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Cleveland Construction
    Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Thanks to Ed Smith and Mark Small for giving me the opportunity to throttle the Cleveland Construction Cat in Miami,,,after the 180deg u turn at 100ish in Sarasota ,two weeks later was Miami..we did the motor repair..tune-ups and a quick check up..and headed to Miami,,,not sure about supercharging water into the motors , Saturday was rough so their was no testing outside ,,so my seat time started at 12;30 headed out to the start,, ,we kept the motors at 5000 rpm's,,they ran flawless !! Ed was a great mentor ,,teaching me the trim into and out of the corners with the cat
    ( a big differance than v-bottoms) also trying to learn the tunnel tab ,,real cool ,,except it stuck UP !! doooo...all in all it was the COOLEST THING I,V EVER DONE , ,needless to say ,,i,m kinda hooked on a "cat" now!!,,,,, Thanks to the Cleveland Offshore Race Team ,,,,George Jr.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard you were in it with Ed.

We're gonna have to rename him from Evil Ed to Crazy Ed.........

If you want a cat, Jeff is trying to sell JBS!!!!!!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Congrats

4. Collapse Details

it was great ,,but. now i,m eat-up, and dying to wind it up to 6800,, they are a differant animal,,but real fun ,,if you fly and land in an svl for 6 or 7 years ,,,the cats are like being in a real fast bus,,,!! I really want to learn to handle one of those,,,really !!?? luckly i,m in the process of building, a new building
    30 x 60 next to my other shop,,,the walls and roof are up,,now working in the electric ,lighting and air system now,,was going with a 10 x 10 door ?? maybe 12 x 10 , now,lolol ,,,I can,t thank Ed enough for the weekend ( it was my b-day ) so ,,what better way to spend it,,,comming in the intercostal we aired it out ,,,
    damnmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    That's pretty cool George.

On the door. Just think of the biggest boat you would ever want, than build it bigger.

6. Collapse Details

thanks Mark ,,the guys have your boat in great shape,,doing fine ,,,,what are you doing these days,,

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    thanks Mark ,,the guys have your boat in great shape,,doing fine ,,,,what are you doing these days,,
    Yeah there running the boat hard. I guess when I told Mark, and Kurt "to run it like your trying to crash it" they took it pretty serious.

Just finished fixing up a cruiser for Jenni. Payback I guess. But I told her that I can buy a real impractical boat now.

So are you wrenching on the Cleveland boat now or just helping out? I know its hard to get away

8. Collapse Details

no,, I was just in the right place at the right time ,,and Ed needed a throttleman for a race ,,and I couldn,t say no,,it really is the best thing I ever got to do..but now I really want to go,, all out !! I don,t know much about cats ,,but that cat ,flew flat , handled great,,and with 2 ,,900hp , it accelerated like a bullit,,well up to about 95ish ,,we kept it a 5000 rpm,s ,,so he could evaluate ,, "ME" and the motors, their wasn,t a great deal throttleing ,,at 5000 and the talon being heavy ,,she didn,t really didn,t want to fly ,
    (like our svl,s) ,IF their is a next time ,,maybe I can get 5800,,,we did spool it up comming back into the intercostal,,real cool!! ps ,,I understand the cruiser deal ,,Angie just bought a 28 SeaRay cruiser,,and I have to go thru it, BEFORE I start another project,,payback ,I know ,,it,s all good ,,

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You sure are looking good!!!!

Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    come for a skater ride!