Thread: Work!!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy he is looking for a stock manual fuel pump the fuel sytem is NOT modified Lol u kill me sometimes.....
    There is a national back order of that pump no one seems to have one, Merc says they wont have one till May 20th to ship. We have called pretty much everyone Innovation, Pro Marine, TNT, Hardin Marine, so on and they all say the same thing. We have a few used one around but he isnt happy about using a used one but will if he has to. Matter a fact Mark has one that he offered to him and he will use it if it comes to that.

So now you know what the F is going on with SVL in SBI not sure where you were going with that...The F guys is just looking for a fuel pump BUT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. That was a pretty good twist on it... I'll tell him next time he need help not to post so no one takes cheap shots.

I would worry about what the F is going on with the SVL class rules u have but no one is saying a word, keep the BS out of it. I guess we would know what fuel system he had if he sent his motor to Merc for those 10,000 seals you gusy are using. You know it isnt legal to change the fuel system in SBI you were on the call so again not sure what u r fishing for....?

Good luck this weekend in OC be safe and have some fun....

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Hey George, Say Baked Potato

3. Collapse Details

Frank,

Go easy on Randy. He's got enough to worry about since the OPA rulebook says he has to have 5 boats to have a class and they are only showing with 3 or 4 in OC. Now he has to decide whether to go race in C4 or give Smitty ultimatums and hope that he allows them to run as SVL and that it will even have a prize purse for that class since they cant follow through on their commitments. I'm starting to really feel bad for Smitty, I mean how many times does he have to bend over and take it. I guess he likes headaches

Remember who your dealing with... These are the same ones that send their perfectly good 570-590 hp 525 to Merc, pay them $10,000 for them to detune the motor to below 550 hp and only get ebay seals in return. In the words of the comedian Bill Engvall,"Here's your sign"
    Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 05-10-2012 at 11:57 AM.

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I will be racing this weekend with OPA. I have paid my registration fees 6 weeks ago and last I heard there were 5 other SVL teams that pre paid for the season with OPA. So im not sure why anyone would think Smitty would be upset with the class? If 5 teams dont make the race then he gets to keep the $5k purse. Not sure where the problem is there either. The SVL class also pre paid $1500 per team not the lower rate of the p classes so again isnt that a good thing for OPA. Not sure where you got your info about Merc de tuning motors and getting $10k from a sane person to do that. Funny how the Pirates just set the kilo with a fresh de tuned motor and posted the best speeds there boat has ever seen. How does that work again? In the end I will be racing with OPA this weekend. If we have less then 5 svl's then we will run with what we have. Which boats will you be bringing to support the racing?
    Last edited by TYPHOON; 05-10-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Hey George, Say Baked Potato
    yea thats it ,,,,A BAKED POTATO ,,,a guy looking for a fuel pump ,,,,,and gets called out ,,,why ?????? he will never change ,,you race where he races ,,or your a cheap shot....and we wonder why their is a division in class,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    ......all this drama over a backordered OEM fuel pump??????

7. Collapse Details

Welcome to SVL Mike

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by extras View Post
    Welcome to SVL Mike
    I can tell you SVL was never like this before Typhoon.
    Steve

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Problem solved Jim Simmons has a brand new one from Merc factory stock in the box (Randy) and is shipping it for Mike tomorrow.
    Thanks very much for your help Jim, nice to see a fello race step up and help out a rookie in SVL .

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dang I want to comment on some of this stuff, but......

Thanks Jim, I'm sure everyone appreciates your help. (Unless Mike wins Cocoa Beach, then they may not so much...)
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

I raced OPA,OSS,P1 and SBI last year so im not sure what you are talking about George!!!! My concern is and will always be for the class as a whole not one indivudual. I have seen them come and go and most of the time its for the same reasons. If you havent been on all the confrence calls and hundreds of personal phone call hours with the guy's IN the class then you probualy dont have the whole story. Im sorry about the comment on the fuel pump. I am concerned that we went from a stock 525 merc. to a 640/650 freshened up motor. The intent as I was lead to believe was to try and save the guy's money by letting them rebuild there motors buy themselves. The goal was to save money NOT build more power. The season just started and we already have guy's with a advantage over someone that just bought a new motor.
    Randy
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Not to be a dick but whats so hard about finding a Merc 525 fuel pump? Am I confused or did I miss something? Merc rebuilds have to use OEM parts or equivalent in some cases (pistons). If you are playing with after market pumps them im betting you modified the fuel system needs which is not leagal as far as I read the rules. What the F is going on in the SVL class in SBI? 650HP,modified parts whats next blowers? How is it possable for a stock 525 SVL boat from OSS/OPA to race with you guys any more? Its apples to Oranges now.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Problem solved Jim Simmons has a brand new one from Merc factory stock in the box (Randy) and is shipping it for Mike tomorrow.
    Thanks very much for your help Jim, nice to see a fello race step up and help out a rookie in SVL .
    Jim is an outstanding gentleman!

He goes out of his way to help another racer and specially a fellow class member. T think this class is full of passinate guys and although we might have different views on the best way to grow it, the fact still remains that we are all still here and racing. This year, more SVLs will race than in the last 8 years, so there is something to say about that.

Talking the other day with Steve K. , I asked him if the RPM limit could be brought back in SBI and his response was that the class was looking at ways to maybe do that. IMO, and this is only my opinion, If the RPM is at 5450 and 5650 for the Vortec, the stock engines and the 509 and a bit more compression would be pretty close in HP. Can somebody with more knowledge maybe expand on this.

No matter where you race, just race and let things fall into place. There are alot of good people in this class with different viewpoints and all we really want to do is race.

Mike,

I have not met you but I would like to welcome you to this great class, you have very good and talented guys that are mentoring you. Absolutely fantastic job on the boat and give them hell next week.

Lets go racing!!

Wil

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy,

Just to be clear if you go back and read the Thread you r talking about you will see i never said his motor was 640HP, I did say we havent even had time or do I know for sure if he even got the Dyno sheets yet.... and I said I would let u know what it was when I know for sure. So you assumed what the HP was in ur mind and that the pump had to be different for the assumed HP of Mikes motor.

The thread was Little Reg talking about motors he was building and you questioned abput a few thing...that had nothing to do with Mike , or any other SBI racer that I know of.
    Last edited by XtremeRacing; 05-11-2012 at 10:46 AM.

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Thanks Wil you are a gentlemen and always a pleasure to race with. Mike is a great guy and excited about racing and looking forward to meeting the class.

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Did he get one of those 650 HP motors to be competitive if the Fountain shows up? If the boat was running 95 MPH when George had it and it was a stock sealed 525 Merc I would think the new mark should be just north of 100 MPH this year with the extra 75 HP -100 HP in the boats that went to the max with there rebuilds. Sounds like everyone is just about ready to run and I wish you all well.
    MD

Randy,

Not 100% sure what the dyno sheet came back at but I think it was really close to 640 HP, been to busy trying to get it all together but we will get more info. when things slow down.

Not much testing today lost a fuel pump....so wont know any number for a few days but I think he might have some pics to post.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Jim is an outstanding gentleman!

He goes out of his way to help another racer and specially a fellow class member. T think this class is full of passinate guys and although we might have different views on the best way to grow it, the fact still remains that we are all still here and racing. This year, more SVLs will race than in the last 8 years, so there is something to say about that.

Talking the other day with Steve K. , I asked him if the RPM limit could be brought back in SBI and his response was that the class was looking at ways to maybe do that. IMO, and this is only my opinion, If the RPM is at 5450 and 5650 for the Vortec, the stock engines and the 509 and a bit more compression would be pretty close in HP. Can somebody with more knowledge maybe expand on this.

No matter where you race, just race and let things fall into place. There are alot of good people in this class with different viewpoints and all we really want to do is race.

Mike,

I have not met you but I would like to welcome you to this great class, you have very good and talented guys that are mentoring you. Absolutely fantastic job on the boat and give them hell next week.

Lets go racing!!

Wil
    Wil

I know I have said this many times and I know you are not disagreeing but data logging is the way to gather information and police this. Logging 40 samples per second per boat with a very accurate common clock supplied by the GPS system is the most full proof method. While some may claim to have "computer experts" who will spoof or alter the system I think my IT background speaks for itself and I am very confident that if someone spoofed the sensor inputs (rpm speed exact location at a given time etc) that when compared with the data of the other boats it would be very evident. The Pirate team has a IT background also I am sure they can weigh in how simply overlaying the files from the legal boats would expose anyone one playing such games.
    Steve
    Steve

18. Collapse Details

19. Collapse Details

Steve according to Randy all we need are the fancy Mercury seals and all is well.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reggie says he gets 650+HP out of a sealed 525.

Reggie Fountain
    We have done quite a few. You can make 650 plus, I have 2 getting ready for the dyno next week. Lets just say its 650++++++++.

TYPHOON
    RACE BOATS With merc seals????

Reggie Fountain
    Of course.

Xtremeracing
    Is that with or without a hot box?

Reggie Fountain
    With a hot box.

TYPHOON
    Reggie, are these the new legal SBI motors that pass there tec specs or just a base 525 merc that has been massaged for pleasure use?
    MD

Reggie Fountain
    They meet & pass sbi tech. Ones that don't need to meet sbi tech can make even more power.
    Last edited by Ratickle; 05-11-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!