Thread: Work!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Rat, your right. Everyone is welcome. I know I dont need to keep saying this but I will again. Its each teams reponsability to read and understand the APBA/OSS rule book. If you have ANY questions call Mike Tomlison the chief Ref. There is no grey area!!! If you think you have a possable grey area, Again ask up front. We are going to have a blast this year and just want all boats to feel they are competing knowing the rules are being enforced. Now back to work!!!
    Also Louie the Rigger will be driving my boat with me. If you dont know him you will soon. He also raced with me in Key West last Nov. This guy can drive!!!!!
    Randy
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy,

Thats awesome Louie is running with you again this yr, you guys did very well in KW together. Look forward to a re-match ...!

3. Collapse Details

Will we see you in Biloxi Frank??? Im ready for that re match.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy dont know if we will be ready, still a lot of work to be done. We are getting close everything finally looks like it is coming together still waiting on some parts. Hopefully get the motor back in this week. Also installed a completly new dash so working out a few electrical bugs.

5. Collapse Details

So if you get ready will you go??? I want that re match.

6. Collapse Details

Well, Tug It's team of mechanincs is just sitting down here in Solomons, MD twittling our thumbs. The engine is ready to go in, we are just waiting for the weather to cooperate a little, so the trailer can get finished, and then we can get the boat down here. Then, Kevin and Pat can get some seat time in the boat!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tug It Engine.JPG  

7. Collapse Details

I got to say when merc. rebuilds your motor it comes back new. What I didnt know was they give you back all the parts they replaced including the complete heads. they dont clean up the heads they put brand new one' on loaded with all new valves,spirngs and everything else in the heads. All the used parts have to be worth 3K-4K to someone thats putting together a recreational motor.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Tug It View Post
    Well, Tug It's team of mechanincs is just sitting down here in Solomons, MD twittling our thumbs. The engine is ready to go in, we are just waiting for the weather to cooperate a little, so the trailer can get finished, and then we can get the boat down here. Then, Kevin and Pat can get some seat time in the boat!!!!
    Alright... we did get some work done this weekend despite the rain... Trailer got shot, more finishing touches on the hauler, Mechanical sheep for TUG IT mechanics.... But I gotta say the highlight of the weekend was finally seein the old girl in person after Jeff got done with her... I have honestly never seen a better flat black job ever... Jeff, you nailed it Bro!! And good to see that the fat girl will be gettin a little more air in her lungs now, thanks to the new scoop that Jeff and Ralph hooked us up with!!

TUG IT BABY!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120325-00447.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	73178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120325-00449.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	73179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120325-00454.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	73180

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    nice
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know Kevin, if you think that Randy may be a little faster than you, and since he's such a nice guy, ask him to wax your boat right before the race because it doesn't shine right. He'll still be trying to bring out the gloss when you jump in and take off for the start at the last minute.....

Should give you a lap head start or so.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Looks awesome Kevein ........

12. Collapse Details

Thanks guys.. Really pleased with the way it's all turin out!

I think u got somethin there Rat, but I don't know if Randy knows what wax is!

13. Collapse Details

Kev,

WOW!!!!!

A lot of black boats!!!

Wil

14. Collapse Details

Who all wants to see Frank Race in Biloxi??? Come on Frank, every year you call out all the teams to race in Key West,Sarasota and all the SBI sites. Its way over due for you to finaly show up to a race other than SBI. With a $50,000 purse to be paid out in full and $1000 tow money per team there should be no excuse why you cant make this event. There is a month left before the event so time is not the issue either. The only reason anyone wouldnt do this event would have to be they just wont leave SBI for what ever reason. If that is the case then dont EVER ask any teams from APBA/OPA to race in any of there races. Year after year others and myself race with SBI in an attempt to play with all the orgs but its getting real old. Please do the class a favor and show some support for the SVL class. This line in the sand needs to stop. Be a leader and do the right thing for the class not the Org.
    MD

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy ,

There is no line in the sand bro, I have already spoke the Jim about having a motor sealed. We are looking at all our option, but time and money are an issue for us no different then any other team. I know and respect that you have race all the org. but i know KW was an issue for you if you didnt get help and it was great that Louie stepped up to the plate.

I think all the teams are of the same mind set and all want the class to grow and be sucessful. There is a lot of money being spent by a lot of team this yr and that is a good sign for the futhure. There is also a lot of new and excited teams looking forward to racing and i think it will all come together. There is a little differance of opion on the motor rules but nothing that wont work its self out.

The boat right now is in peice and like i said if we can get everything done it time and everything falls into place we have no issue racing, Matter a fact looking forward to a re match, we had some pretty awesome racing lat time we met. I would of liked to not see so much of your transom but it was ur day for sure.
    Last edited by XtremeRacing; 03-27-2012 at 03:52 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    I am throwing the BS flag on this Frank, Randy is right! Year after year you pump up SBI's races and want everyone to show up, which we do! But with the coin is flipped, YOU are a no show. Even last year for Morehead City, Mark Gibbons told me you guys would be there, but were a no show. BILOXI is putting up $80,000 GUARENTEED CASH to the teams that show up. WHO ELSE IS DOING THAT? NO per boat minimums, NO BS. Just show up and get payed! The time is now to promote a great race site that has gone out of it's way to have and awesome event. Cross YOUR line in the sand, whoever you are, and support this event and you won't be dissapointed!
    Ryan Beckley

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    I am throwing the BS flag on this Frank, Randy is right! Year after year you pump up SBI's races and want everyone to show up, which we do! But with the coin is flipped, YOU are a no show. Even last year for Morehead City, Mark Gibbons told me you guys would be there, but were a no show. BILOXI is putting up $80,000 GUARENTEED CASH to the teams that show up. WHO ELSE IS DOING THAT? NO per boat minimums, NO BS. Just show up and get payed! The time is now to promote a great race site that has gone out of it's way to have and awesome event. Cross YOUR line in the sand, whoever you are, and support this event and you won't be dissapointed!
    YEAH!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Barney,

I did not know this side of you.

What Woody and his team are putting up for us racers to go race is unlike anything that has ever been done before. Forget the Politics, if you only look at it from the economic standpoint, there is nothing else like it!!

The SVL fleet has the potential of having a 20 to 25K purse if enough boats show up.

Here are some updated photos of our progress.

Larry installed the drive today at Will Smith's shop. Warren has done a fantastic job with these drive. The photos do not do it justice. Warren is a true craftsman!!

Wil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3-26-12 098.JPG   3-26-12 100.JPG   3-26-12 099.JPG  

3-26-12 101.JPG  
    Last edited by Wil Ros; 03-27-2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling

19. Collapse Details

will call freeze frame at 239-282-1987 thanks

20. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    he,s right ,,their is no reason not to show up for Biloxi ,,it,s the best offer in years , from any site??
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions