Thread: south haven

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

For any of you kids going to South Haven this weekend keep in mind the water level is down. Watch when you are at the launch it is a little shorter now. I went off the end in two different ramps but no damage. Just a heads up.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cig Flat Deck View Post
    For any of you kids going to South Haven this weekend keep in mind the water level is down. Watch when you are at the launch it is a little shorter now. I went off the end in two different ramps but no damage. Just a heads up.
    Are you going to make it this weekend?

3. Collapse Details

Thanks Ryan. Hope to see you AND Joe up there...

4. Collapse Details

Yep sure am!!!! The boat is already up there and i will be there Thursday through sunday

5. Collapse Details

**All upcoming South Haven Participants**
    I will be arriving on Friday afternoon to put the boat in and will be staying all weekend. Amy, Lex, and Karen will be getting back home Friday evening. As it stands now, They all will be coming up to South Haven on Saturday AM. Here's the twist, Amy and her mom most likely wont be staying unless her mom feels up to it. I don't blame her if she doesn't. However, Alexis will be there with me all weekend. Its her birthday on monday, June 18th and I am going to put a little surprise party together for her and would like to invite our boating friends to celebrate her turning 13. It wont be a huge party just a little surprise for her and hopefully and surprise party for her winning nationals too in Maryland. I plan on bringing cupcakes and other sugar filled sweets... let me know if you are interested in coming... I will most likely have it in the little office area at the marina... still working out the details...

For those of you who dont know, Amy and Lex flew to Maryland on this past Saturday so Lex could compete in the National History Day national competition. Amy also had her mom fly out from Vancouver, BC. Just prior to flying out, her mom started seeing double and wasn't feeling well, however, she went anyway. During her flight to Maryland, her conditions worsened and paramedics had to be called to the landing gate at the airport. Long story short, my mother in law suffered from a mild stroke. She had a blood clot move through her body and rest upon her brain stem causing the double vision and other issues. She has now since been discharged but is unable to fly home. So, my wife and daughter will be driving instead of flying home on friday along with my mother in law. On the flip side, my daughter believes she aced her presentation but we wont know how she did till thursday...
    Last edited by teamsynergy; 06-12-2012 at 01:40 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cig Flat Deck View Post
    Ryan....how is the water depth from the launch going out of the harbor? Anything to be careful of?

Does anyone have a map or directions on how in the hell to get to the launch ramp....the last time I was there was around 4 years ago and I don't remember much of that weekend....LOL I remember going through downtown South Haven and then a left and a right and so on....

7. Collapse Details

The river was all good otherwise I didn't hit anything. Give me a call and i will get you to the launch.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow Todd, what an event to go through. Good luck on everything, best wishes and prayers....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Wow Todd, what an event to go through. Good luck on everything, best wishes and prayers....
    Thanks... its has been an interesting last few days...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Ryan....how is the water depth from the launch going out of the harbor? Anything to be careful of?

Does anyone have a map or directions on how in the hell to get to the launch ramp....the last time I was there was around 4 years ago and I don't remember much of that weekend....LOL I remember going through downtown South Haven and then a left and a right and so on....
    Mike,
    When are you rolling in? If you can time it right, you can follow me in...

11. Collapse Details

Todd, we will be there early,,,,,call me on your way in Ill give you a hand.

Hope she is doing well

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Todd, we will be there early,,,,,call me on your way in Ill give you a hand.

Hope she is doing well
    She is having up's and down's at this point. Amy and her mom won't be staying unless something drastically changes. Send me your number, I don't think I have it.

13. Collapse Details

That launch ramp is gonna see quite a parade on Friday!

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    That launch ramp is gonna see quite a parade on Friday!

What time does it start????

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post

I assume you are launching at Black River Park?????

http://www.south-haven.com/pages/mar...Marina_map.pdf

Municipal Marinas

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    There is one situation I hope you guys take care of this year....

When you go to the Harborfest photo gallery, there is not one single picture of a Bad Influence Offshore member. It is so disappointing.....

Photo Album

17. Collapse Details

we talked of putting together a rowing team last year,,,,,, ran into two hurdles.

1) One of our members has to much,,,,how should we say,,,,BALLAST !!!

2) We didnt think they would take kindly to us running what im sure would have been a rather large, rather loud and very overcompensating motor on the back of the boat !!!!!

18. Collapse Details

Got the boat out yesterday for a test run. All went well. Did find that I will need to add some jet, as the engines were lean. Hatches are getting painted hopefully as i type.

However, as most of you know work for me has been lackluster the past several months. I anticipated not having work the latter part of this week, but instead its turned around, and 12 hour days. I dont know if I will be able to finish up the little odds and ends on the boat by the weekend.

If in fact I have work friday, I just cant turn that down. So, Ill be playin it by year.

Todd, best wishes for Amys mom.

19. Collapse Details

Thanks for the Map Ratickle!!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Got the boat out yesterday for a test run. All went well. Did find that I will need to add some jet, as the engines were lean. Hatches are getting painted hopefully as i type.

However, as most of you know work for me has been lackluster the past several months. I anticipated not having work the latter part of this week, but instead its turned around, and 12 hour days. I dont know if I will be able to finish up the little odds and ends on the boat by the weekend.

If in fact I have work friday, I just cant turn that down. So, Ill be playin it by year.

Todd, best wishes for Amys mom.
    Thanks Joe... It has been a very long week. I am sooooo looking forward to friday night. I am bringing a special blend for the group to enjoy... and for me too lol Hope you can make it!