Thread: south haven

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

2. Collapse Details

so whats harbor fest>

3. Collapse Details

Harbor Fest, as far as the city of South Haven is concerned, is an annual festival including a craft show, live music, pancake breakfasts, dragon boat racing, and general harbortown goodness.

In OUR case, it has proven to be sooooo much more. The bad influence Michigan crew has been hitting up the fest for year now, but I think its been about 5 years since we've been showing up in increasing numbers and badly influencing the marina. The south side marina is basically festival-central...the dragon boat races start there, the music, food and craft show are right there...and the bars are about 1/2 mile walk away (even BZ does it). We usually roll into town Thursday night or Friday, head to the beach on Friday for some cocktails, then back to the marina to clean up and hit the town. Captain Lou's is usually the bar of choice where we all end up. It is usually awesome. Saturday we recover from our hangovers, fire up the boats, and run north to Saugatuck for lunch and some more alcohol. We then run back to SH and repeat Friday night's performance, but with increased vigor.

Over the years, we've been hit by HUGE thunderstorms, encountered big waves (busted windshields for BZ and Big Den), given a (now-defunct) late night taco joint the best night its ever had ("I want ONE HUNDRED TACOS." -Jeff Parello), eaten delicious late night hot dogs (Brian Bobb- "How much is it? Hot Dog Guy "$4." BB, handing him a $20 "Here, keep the change." AndyB "HEY...that was MY money!"), rang the bell at Captain Lou's signifying buying the whole joint a shot, fallen asleep on random car hoods (Brian Bobb), dropping trou and running down the street after a pedal-taxi (Brian Miller), gotten yelled at for standing on the roof of Mild Thunder's dually, had the police called to the marina a couple times for stereo-related reasons, watched Fast Eddie's former girlfriend swim in the muddy waters and then puke over the side of Little D's Scarab, and other fun stuff. Oh yeah...and BZ may/may not have kissed a dude.

You should probably definately come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bbobbhd.jpg   southhaven.jpg   summer11 034.jpg  

summer11 030.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Oh yeah,,,,,and the festival,,,,,, 20 feet from the boats,,,, we have NEVER been to !!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Oh yeah,,,,,and the festival,,,,,, 20 feet from the boats,,,, we have NEVER been to !!!!!!!
    Speak for yourself buddy! 2010 I believe Ryan and I went to the fest for elephant ears!

6. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 369885.jpg   IMG00194-20100619-1546.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

While not during the harbor fest, but a random south haven weekend......

Magic Medicine and I were walking after the bars had closed, heading back to the boats. We hitched a ride on one of those pedal taxi's, or whatever you call those Chariot style units, with some random people. Next thing we knew, we were being hauled down the lonely deserted streets of South haven. I recall thinking "this is really a long ride, and not the way back to the boats". Next thing we knew we were sitting in the back yard of someones beach house. After Magic Medicine and I looked at each other, thinking this is weird, a few minutes go by. Then, I realize we are sitting in a circle of about 6-8 people, that the guy who was the chariot operator(whom i didnt even know joined this party), is now playing the UKULELE, and singing some sort of Third eye blind song, and everyone else is enjoying a few puff's of the peace pipe. When the chariot guy finished his ukulele performance ,everyone was applauding him, while Andy and I just looked at him, like "did that just happen?" I then realized, I do not know these people, I do not know where I am, and how I got there, but finding my way back is probably a good idea. Im not up for rape situations! I ended up having to walk like 2-3 miles hoping i was heading the right way at 3am. I found the harbor, and oddly enough, Magic Medicine showed up about 15 minutes later. Why we didnt leave together, I don't know. looking back on that, I should have commandeered the pedal Chariot that was parked outside in the driveway, and rode that unit back to the harbor.

8. Collapse Details

South Haven...the town while you are there you can't see to remember being there.....HEY LOOK EVERYBODY BUTCHY MADE IT.....

9. Collapse Details

Must be something in the air there...

10. Collapse Details

Wow Mike not many people know how they are going to look as they age, you know exactly what you`ll look like!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post

Wow Mike not many people know how they are going to look as they age, you know exactly what you`ll look like!
    I know. I look just like my mom.

12. Collapse Details

the weather Mike speaks of !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails south haven 1.jpg   south haven 2.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Looks like slips are booked up already.

14. Collapse Details

On the DNR site, they said contact the marina if you can't register online. I think the marina reserves a few slips itself...I'd make the call on Monday.

15. Collapse Details

That site reminded me of calculus.... Had to start plugging in a sorts on different numbers outside of the norm to get it to work. They think I have a 852' wellcraft scarab with a 2' draft lol

Btw, uncle mike, thanks for letting me borrow your credit card number.... I owe you...sort of...

16. Collapse Details

Got a slip, smaller slips are sold out. I told them I had a 38' hmm that has a nice ring too it.

Game on !!!

17. Collapse Details

O.K. anybody get a count of how many boats will be running on Saturday????

18. Collapse Details

Math is hard.

19. Collapse Details
    Lightbulb
    Todd knows Calculus..

20. Collapse Details

y=-x^2+b^2

Y =Andy

Starts like this.... but ends like this lol...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem-graph.jpg   IMG_2649.jpg  
    Last edited by teamsynergy; 04-17-2012 at 10:10 AM.