Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by torrent View Post
    But would still like to use my existing 250 blowers, chillers, heads, intakes and carbs.
    Not wanting to piss in your punch but making 900-1000 Hp in a package that will live isnt gonna happen with a 250 Blower. Second, What are you going to run for drives. Not trying to be a buzkill but you are looking at dumping tons of money in a boat that will kill bravo based drives like prohibition is coming back and drives are the alcohol. Build some nice 700's and go have fun.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    Not wanting to piss in your punch but making 900-1000 Hp in a package that will live isnt gonna happen with a 250 Blower. Second, What are you going to run for drives. Not trying to be a buzkill but you are looking at dumping tons of money in a boat that will kill bravo based drives like prohibition is coming back and drives are the alcohol. Build some nice 700's and go have fun.
    Well I think you just spoiled the punch for my party! Just kiddin. Understand exactly what you are saying and hear you loud and clear. I also remeber when I put these blowers on the old engines with cast internals and every one said it wouldn't last a year. Luckily they lasted almost 6 seasons until I decided to abuse them (overheated the engine oil) on the last ride of this year. As far as the drives they will be replaced next year, with what? Who knows. Haven't made it that far yet. I do know exactly where I placed my spare bravo and a spare gear set. LOL. Cause I will most likely need it. Even if I go on the conservative side with 700's.

Part of the fun in boating for me is rebuilding, working on, maintaining my boat and to see how fast I can make it go. Don't get me wrong when you have to wrench on it everyday it gets old, been there.
    What I don't want to do is build engines this year replace the drives with something that can handle the power, next year and start completely from scratch on new engines the following year cause it don't quite go fast enough.

3. Collapse Details

Well I think you just spoiled the punch for my party! .
    - I m good at that.... lol

Part of the fun in boating for me is rebuilding, working on, maintaining my boat and to see how fast I can make it go. Don't get me wrong when you have to wrench on it everyday it gets old, been there.
    What I don't want to do is build engines this year replace the drives with something that can handle the power, next year and start completely from scratch on new engines the following year cause it don't quite go fast enough.
    - I understand this aspect fully and agree. Keep us posted. I would reccomend ditching those 250's and at least going to chilled 420s or 871's

4. Collapse Details

You could build some mild NA 572's with good parts (10.2 deck, 4.5 bore & 4.5 stroke, 8.5:1 comp, forged crank) that make 700hp and run on 89, and throw some blowers on there when the time is appropriate. That's basically how our boat started out. It wouldn't break the bank right off the bat.
    Last edited by Coolerman; 01-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Coolerman View Post
    You could build some mild NA 572's with good parts (10.2 deck, 4.5 bore & 4.5 stroke, 8.5:1 comp, forged crank) that make 700hp and run on 89, and throw some blowers on there when the time is appropriate. That's basically how our boat started out. It wouldn't break the bank right off the bat.
    Your boat also started with a staggered setup and dry sump six's. Now go get to learning how to be a good Gandydancer.....lol

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    Now go get to learning how to be a good Gandydancer.....lol
    You must know info I don't! lol :evild:

7. Collapse Details

So... this is what I am going to do after talking with Madara today. Warning: May change at anytime without notice. Build 572 talldecks with good parts, put the small blower setup on with small amounts of boost then upgrade to something big. I won't hit my hp # but should exceed that # when the larger blower goes on.

Has anyone heard of or ran a Kings Crankshaft? They are USA built using timken steel. Talked to them today, very knowledgeable. I've been told to run a USA made crank by several. Callies, Lunati and a few others I've talked to say they are either not made in the U.S. or cannot confirm or deny they are or are not. Whatever that means. I'm guessing no. The King's crank isn't badly priced. Just researching a bit and thought I would share.
    http://kingscrankshaft.com/

8. Collapse Details

Sounds like you have a good plan. Your intake is for a standard deck right? Was intake for the 250 ever made for a tall deck? Just curious. You could put some spacers on it and convert it for tall deck use.

Never heard of kings crank. I'm a fan of the forged Callies or billet Bryant.

For not much more, you can get a windberg which is what we use. Alot of top fuelers and top alcohol cars use them to. The windbergs are also made in the USA.

9. Collapse Details

Plan sounds good. If your engine build turns out as good as the boat restoration, then its going to be one sweet ride!

10. Collapse Details

You are correct, my current intake is for a standard deck. It looks like the blower shop offers an intake for a standard deck that fits a 250 but, for $600.00. Since I will be upgrading blowers most likely sooner than later I am going to opt for the spacers at $125.00.