1. Collapse Details
    Up date on new 27 Magnum
    I finally had a chance to visit with Giovanni and Scott at GTMM on my last trip to Florida, and am really impressed on what they are doing, Thought that you might like to read on what we discussed and I observed.

27 GTMM
    The 27 will now be 28’2” allowing for more freeboard and running length .The hull will be identical to the original 27/28…no steps and pads, just a great almost 50 year old proven 24 degree 7’10 beam hull .Because they have decided to increased freeboard and add to the running length it was decided to make a new plug. It will be CNC machined, and incorporate the new design changes and correct some problems the old mold had developed over time. This will be a single engine package utilizing 496 HO to 700 SCI, and will deliver a 70+ mph ride. Because of its construction it weighs in at a little over 4,000 lbs.…add 130 gallons of fuel, total weight of 5,000.lbs.
    Construction, hand –laid, vacuum bagged, using Vinylester resins Glass/ Kevlar stitched double bias fabrics, balsa cored hull and deck. The deck is reinforced and bonded around the perimeter. I also looked over the seating arrangement… two front seats, separated by the console along with a rear bench seat, no different than it was two years ago. There will be a viewing window to the engine compartment built into the hatch under the sun pad. The hardware, seating, fabrics and flooring that will be used are top draw. This will be one beautiful lady when she is done.

39GTMM
    Unfortunately they will be unable to get both boats to the2012 Miami show and the 39 was the one they decided that would be the 1st one out of the box. I would have liked to see the 28 first but this makes the most marketing sense. The 39 is based on the original Dragon design with modifications that Giovanni and Scott have made. It will be a mono-hull with 2-steps, ventilated bottom along with a surface pad on the bottom. The plug is being made by 5-axis computer tooling just as the 28 is. Approximately 6,700 lbs. add 240 gallons of fuel and it weighs in at 8,400 lbs. Beam of 8’6”, freeboard 43”, static draft 36” along with a 24 degree hull and they should have another winner. Engine options 496 HO to 1350 Mercury Racing. Top speed based on engines selected, starting at 85 + mph.
    Seating configuration, sit down side by side front and bench seat for the rear. This is a canopy styled boat and comes either as open, half, or full canopied .Personally I like the open cockpit with the full wrap around windshield. As with the 39, the seating, hardware and flooring is impeccable. The hull color designs that I was showed were beautiful and will post then latter.
    Well that is my observations; very pleased with what I saw…and being a Magnum affectionate… long live the Magnum name as GTMM. Bud
    Last edited by Ratickle; 11-19-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Fixed Bold

2. Collapse Details

sounds interesting Bud
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

3. Collapse Details

Look forward to pics and progress. Keep us posted on this
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

4. Collapse Details

If we can't get pic's we'll settle for artist renditions !
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

I will post renderings of both boats next week. Bud