Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    how much do you all think the National Guarde boat weigh's? It might fit into the P1 SVL class HP/Weight. Who has there number?
    MD
    Read your rule book Randy. Says max hp 570, and max rpm of 5800. I guess it would be ok if its an exhibition race.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Read your rule book Randy. Says max hp 570, and max rpm of 5800. I guess it would be ok if its an exhibition race.
    Mark,

I tell you the truth , I have not read the P1 rulebook but If what you are saying is there. Whats the HP to weight ratio idea come from? What that rule is describing is a Vortec with 200 more RPMs. I am confused now.

Wil

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Has anyone called these teams about the Morehead race? Maybe they dont know they can race there.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Mark you must be one happy camper you sold your boat and dont have to deal with racing any more. Not sure why you still come on here and post negative stuff still. I always enjoyed racing your team. Can the rest of us move on being we still enjoy racing our boats where we do. Thanks in advance.
    MD

5. Collapse Details

The rule is to allow the Illmore motor in the mix. It runs at 5800 RPM and is aprox the same HP as the Vortec and Merc. 525. Its the first year and the teams that are racing in P1 SVS (SVL) want as many teams as possable to race against. We realize its not perfect but are willing to be flexable to gain momentum. Its not up to me or the racers to make or change any rules. Martin and APBA make those calls. They are always willing to listen to the racers and if being flexable is OK with the core teams that support the org then we dont see any harm. I hope that makes sence. Bring the compatition I say. We are all having a blast.
    MD

6. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    so it would be ok to run a Merc 525 (basic) or Vortec (basic) or Illmore (basic) ENGINES in P-1 and ALL turn 5800 rpm,s and ALL boats weigh 4750 lbs, for now ? This is a serious question ,,Is this what will be allowed ? PS CAN i ASK WHAT IS THE LENGHT OF A LAP ?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    George the course as shown is about 5 1/2 miles...the only modifications I have been in any discussions about, other than the match racing course for saturday, is to shorten the turn 2 leg by about 100 yards which should still be in the neighborhood of 5 miles. Jeff and I talked about this over the weekend and that is the latest to the best of my knowledge!

8. Collapse Details

The rest of the class that is racing now has a gentalman's agreement to keep there motors and ECM's stock. If someone showed up with a 5800 RPM ECM yes it would be leagal. You probualy would have to eat sleep and park by yourself. If someone shows up with a Illmore motor then the rest will have the option to crank there's up. We are just trying to keep the cost down for all till that day.
    Race course I have no idea at this point. I would think the same as what Jones'n has posted.
    These are just my thoughts and have no official weight.

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    They would have to be about 6500 to be legal.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    They would have to be about 6500 to be legal.
    who ?

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Natioanal Gurad if it is weight to HP, the way I understand it they r almost 800 hp.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Natioanal Gurad if it is weight to HP, the way I understand it they r almost 800 hp.
    its a supercat engine ...and it was dynoed..at 825 HP at 7200 RPM

so at 5800 it would not make 700 RPM

but it is 100% supercat, 13:1 compression !

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jonesn' View Post
    George the course as shown is about 5 1/2 miles...the only modifications I have been in any discussions about, other than the match racing course for saturday, is to shorten the turn 2 leg by about 100 yards which should still be in the neighborhood of 5 miles. Jeff and I talked about this over the weekend and that is the latest to the best of my knowledge!
    thanks for answering,,the reason i keep asking is ,,in some previous post it was said p-1 races on a 2 mile course,,which in turn incured a lot of boat banging and spin-outs ,,neither of which ,i,m real fond of,, I hear Morehead is a great race site ,,I just would like to know what course p-1 is racing ? thanks for everyones time ,,

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Mark you must be one happy camper you sold your boat and dont have to deal with racing any more. Not sure why you still come on here and post negative stuff still. I always enjoyed racing your team. Can the rest of us move on being we still enjoy racing our boats where we do. Thanks in advance.
    MD
    No Randy I am sad we sold our race boat. I just saw it becoming obsolete rather quickly. I just saw losing $25,000 this year a better deal than losing $50,000 next year. I just can't take the lack of racing mentality going on. I read the rule book for P1 that you claim is going to save offshore racing, and I don't see how a super cat motor is legal, yet your saying bring it on? So what did I miss? Is it ok because its a turd and can't win? Is it because it may be legal this week cause we need boat count, but what happens when one shows up that can win? Any drive is legal now correct? So what happened to you, Randy? And now racing is more about show boating, and look at me I am a boat racer, rather than racing. boring!!! SO is it just Tuesdays we play by the rules? and Friday is all about the show? and Sunday Obama style Participation checks. got it

And by the way you can't buy a 570hp Ilmor any more, so when the 625 ILMOR is legal then sealed 525s are what... OBSOLETE, unless it came from Fountian Motor Works....... than what?

Read your rule book Randy.

Maybe I want to build a new boat?

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Mark instead of going rounds with Randy I would contact Mike Tomlinson he is the chief referee and just sent me the rules that pertain to all the classes!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

everybody needs to stop theyr crying..and just go racing !

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Mark instead of going rounds with Randy I would contact Mike Tomlinson he is the chief referee and just sent me the rules that pertain to all the classes!!!!!
    I am just reading from the rule book. I started looking in the rule book back in 09 when this started. I still can't find the clause were if it looks like the other boats in the class its ok to race, but don't win rule.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Mark,

I tell you the truth , I have not read the P1 rulebook but If what you are saying is there. Whats the HP to weight ratio idea come from? What that rule is describing is a Vortec with 200 more RPMs. I am confused now.

Wil
    P1 is 5800 rpm limit no matter what

Oss svl merc 5450 and the vortec 5650 cause I guess no alum head and less ci for the vortec

Sbi was the same till they said just not going to check them. Might still be in the rule book.

Ever find that guy in the red shirt yet?

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    everybody needs to stop theyr crying..and just go racing !
    AMEN
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

20. Collapse Details

only one person crying here and he doesnt even race anymore