Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Detroit next stop
    Charter Member / Competitor
    Its going to be hard to top Madison last week but I have been to Detroit last year and its off the hook as well. I talked to Trophy today and he is already there along with some of the P1 Out Boards. Round 2 in 4 days. As always looking for some new blood to come out and race. If you are serious Martin is giving some rides in the new boats to see if it for you. I had my first race in one last week and its a very cool boat. From first place to last was no more than 10 boat lengths. And thats with teams that have never raced before to Super Cat talant (Mark Kawalski Throttleman for JD Byrider) in one boat.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See you in Detroit......

We are unable to get there until late Saturday evening. I'll give you a call.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Latest report was SVL has 4
    Time Bandet
    Typhoon
    Pirates
    Octane

My flight got cancelled at the last min due to weather. Leaving first thing in the morn. This sucks!!!!
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Latest report was SVL has 4
    Time Bandet
    Typhoon
    Pirates
    Octane

My flight got cancelled at the last min due to weather. Leaving first thing in the morn. This sucks!!!!
    I'll meet you in the bar and buy you a drink. You'll forget all about it.......

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Hope there isn't going to be four heats .

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Hope there isn't going to be four heats .
    Classic!!! Now come on J, P1 where your guaranteed a heat victory and a hotel room. Instead of P1, should we start calling it WWE offshore style? I thought the staged racing oops excuse me, demonstration racing was over.....
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

7. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    well, they will have the oppertunity to get into the APBA HALL OF FAME ,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

8. Collapse Details

I think you guys are being unfair. Exhibition or race....does it really matter? Why beat down on an org that is just getting started? They may survive, they may not. We all know every one of these teams have been and are competitive racers. But, the main objective, according to some of you, was to have fun. Well, these guys are having fun. A boat load of fun. They can't say enough about how great these events are. And to boot, they are getting paid and comped rooms for putting on a show. As long as the fans enjoy it, why should it matter how they perform? I remember someone on here bragging about how great it was to get paid to park their boat in front of a business, never having to put the boat in the water the entire season. Whats the difference? Give these guys a break. You claim to respect them as racers, so respect their choices to try something new. Does it help the class? Not really. But we will always be divided until we can all compromise where we want to race.

Regarding the Hall of Champions, If you are referring to Simmons, You can not dispute that he certainly deserved it 2 years ago, but got screwed because of the SBI/APBA dispute. If thats his objective, wish him luck.

Whatever floats your boat, no pun intended. But a good one nevertheless
    Last edited by SVL66; 07-09-2011 at 09:55 AM.

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    No guarante for a heat win last year in Detroit, should be the same this year

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    I think you guys are being unfair. Exhibition or race....does it really matter? Why beat down on an org that is just getting started? They may survive, they may not. We all know every one of these teams have been and are competitive racers. But, the main objective, according to some of you, was to have fun. Well, these guys are having fun. A boat load of fun. They can't say enough about how great these events are. And to boot, they are getting paid and comped rooms for putting on a show. As long as the fans enjoy it, why should it matter how they perform? I remember someone on here bragging about how great it was to get paid to park their boat in front of a business, never having to put the boat in the water the entire season. Whats the difference? Give these guys a break. You claim to respect them as racers, so respect their choices to try something new. Does it help the class? Not really. But we will always be divided until we can all compromise where we want to race.

Regarding the Hall of Champions, If you are referring to Simmons, You can not dispute that he certainly deserved it 2 years ago, but got screwed because of the SBI/APBA dispute. If thats his objective, wish him luck.

Whatever floats your boat, no pun intended. But a good one nevertheless
    your statements are so true Mr. Goldberg! winning some money, hotel room comped= saving some money while having fun. Randy won both OPA world Title as well as SBI world title, what does he have to prove???
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I believe Simmons did the 4 up championship season last year.....

OPA National

OPA World

SBI World

SBI National

Am I wrong?

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Classic!!! Now come on J, P1 where your guaranteed a heat victory and a hotel room. Instead of P1, should we start calling it WWE offshore style? I thought the staged racing oops excuse me, demonstration racing was over.....
    With all due respect, you're off base Trent. The guys may save their equipment as much as possible to get through the two day event with multiple heats, same thing happens in Key West and in NASCAR events for the points championship, but there are no guarantees at all. They beat on them as much as they have to to get the wins.

I remember well the old days of offshore racing where everyone went as fast, or slow, as the leaders in their group to try and make their equipment last then hammer only as much as they had to on the home stretch run. No finish, no win.

You've just become to used to a 4 to 7 lap race on a 3 to 5 mile course where the winner takes it based on the one short event. This setup is more like the Worlds where the total finish positions make the final outcome.

You, of all the guys around, should be one to remember those races.

13. Collapse Details

Yes Paul your right I have been through several Key Wests, Marathons, Ft Lauderdales, and Orange Beachs that have a multi race format. I also gave 110% in every event and have tore up more equipment that I care to remember. However, if something happened, I either fixed it or didnt complete the event. In the classes I've competed in, if you snoozed you lost, you couldnt afford to hold back at any time.

I was told by a couple of SVL teams themselves last year that "you know how to tell if its staged or not, look where Pirate finishes, if hes up front, its staged, if in the back, it was a race" At first I thought it was a funny comment, then I looked at Detroit last year and the obvious OB announced "Demonstration" race of Friday. Then look at the Sunday finale. They finished 2nd in the demo, and dead last in the race. As I thought about it, it was kind of upsetting as those two have put a lot of time and effort into racing to the point of ask them one day, who gave them their first checkered flag for their first ever victory in P5? SBI doesnt issue flags for each race in KW, I felt they deserved one, but thats just evil ole me

I posted in advance the results of Madison and was dead on. Randy is an elite racer and has the resume to prove it, but instead of going on here and defending the "new series" or being allowed to be utilized as a puppet with the fiasco of Sarasota, some people should put the keyboard down and support this new series. I know that keyboard racer when he does actually race cant be bought and certainly would never stage a race, its not in his DNA. But he now comes on here saying exhibition is ok. Even with all the crap that happened in SRQ, I had the front row seat to a RACE and boy did Willie and Larry demolish the field, I was impressed

With my obvious ties to the Unlimited series and the ability to get the phone calls of the play by play of todays races, including the two spinouts etc, maybe tomorrow you can go down to the U-96 Qatar pit and ask him how he was saving his equipment when he melted a gear case during one of the heats or the 21 or 25, I forget which who pulled out due to a blown turbine with no replacement. The most disappointing call of today was from one of the owners stating that the racing aside from the spinouts was "boring" I even tried to play it off that it wouldnt be exciting to him unless the boats were doing over 150 sideways. We chuckled, but how embarrassing.

Take the make believe checks(rumours are getting around that they are not getting paid like promised), go through the make believe tech inspections(remember you said it was based off the racers word...) stay in the lavish hotels, I'll just stay here living out of my refrigerator box and be called poor white trash, I will never live with the fact that I'm referred to as a sellout.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    [QUOTE=Ratickle;555632]With all due respect, you're off base Trent. The guys may save their equipment as much as possible to get through the two day event with multiple heats, same thing happens in Key West and in NASCAR events for the points championship, but there are no guarantees at all. They beat on them as much as they have to to get the wins.

QUOTE]
    What r u talkin bout?

We all know Simmons is responsible for allowing me most of my accomplishments and I thank him for that, I totally understand where he comes from wanting to do the P1 thing this time around. He also has a new to him boat he is learning and fixing. and if I can get a $13,333.33 check at an event I would like to ride that train myself, Getting Bruce's boat for my buddy is not out of the question. But ..... if you think for a minute that three heat three winner stuff is "racing" that is incorrect. It may be fun, it may make a good TV show, it may provide enjoyable income for a weekend of fun tv making and schmoozing in hotels, but it is not nor should be reffered to as racing. Entertainment for the fans, and teams involved........maybe, but not racing. And that is fine, I am not against that, it is an entertainment product and if it provides Income to the group or teams involved, that is cool, Again not saying I wouldn't want in on that, but definitely not teams pushing their boats to the limit racing.

15. Collapse Details

and here we all go again..BLA BLA BLA BLA ....

fixing this racing BS is 100% not easy and a new sanctioning body cant help that eitehr ..

THE ONLY THING THAT CAN FIX TODAYS RACING ....IS , US THE RACERS !

and agin all this BLABLA ..doesnt help it in anyway either !

But WTF, who am i to say this ....

I have to add, i respect and take my hat off to each and anyone that is spending money on all this stuff in todays world ! No matter where , WHO, or Y !

congrats to all and myself..LOL

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    BLA BLA BLA BLA ....

RACERS !

BLABLA ..

But WTF, who am i to say this ....
    Agree with that !!

I have to add, i respect and take my hat off to each and anyone that is spending money on all this stuff in todays world ! No matter where , WHO, or Y !

congrats to all and myself..LOL
    If I had enough, i would be spendin as well, still working on that.

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    and agin all this BLABLA ..doesnt help it in anyway either !

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Agree with that !!

If I had enough, i would be spendin as well, still working on that.
    I agree with both.

Some of these things should be discussed only in private with those involved at the competition and promotion level. We all have ideas of what we think may be better, but some of the things put on line make it difficult for any of those currently in, or those of us wanting to get in, to line up sponsors, events, investors, etc.

If you want to put out ideas for improvement, great. But you don't think possible promotors and sponsors research what they are thinking of getting into??????

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I agree with both.

Some of these things should be discussed only in private with those involved at the competition and promotion level. We all have ideas of what we think may be better, but some of the things put on line make it difficult for any of those currently in, or those of us wanting to get in, to line up sponsors, events, investors, etc.

If you want to put out ideas for improvement, great. But you don't think possible promotors and sponsors research what they are thinking of getting into??????
    I agree 100% ..so why doesnt SOS open a section just for us racers to discuss and bash with nobody else allowed in !
    that would probably be very funny aswell...HAHAHA
    and maybe even good on a serious note ??!

and remember when its all said and done, there is a lot more to say and do !

19. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Bruce ,i, wasn,t knocking anybody in particular,,I thought they ALL were eligable for the title,,is Simmons the only one , i didn,t know that sorry ,,I guess my point was ,,how does staged racing fit in APBA,s selection ,,,I also agree they have the best options right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some pay ,,some figure out how not to pay !
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

20. Collapse Details

Staging a "race" is a discrace to everyone who has ever competed for real. If the APBA P1 is not disclosing it as rigged how does that reflect upon the real racers in the hydros?