Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    So, what everyone is saying is when the "Offshore boats have attended the Gold Cup"
    the races were never staged?
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Staging a "race" is a discrace to everyone who has ever competed for real. If the APBA P1 is not disclosing it as rigged how does that reflect upon the real racers in the hydros?
    I heard already that some hydro guys did not like P1 and such...hhhmmmmmmm

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Staging a "race" is a discrace to everyone who has ever competed for real. If the APBA P1 is not disclosing it as rigged how does that reflect upon the real racers in the hydros?
    I'll say this to you Dean, not staged. Last week Simmons ran into Pirate trying to make the pass and screwed both boats up. I'm sure they did that because it didn't matter? First heat Saturday, Typhoon spun out. I have pics of the bumping and spinouts today, staged I'm sure.....

What is happening is that you need to finish 4 to 5 heats to get the win. Teams calculate where they are and make decisions based on those calculations. Pirate got second overall. Randy spun out and didn't finish one heat. Otherwise they would have been in the hunt. Time Bandit ended up first overall, nice running. Third overall was Octane with Tyler and Simmons. Think they were sandbagging?

I'll fill everyone in on the overall SVS and SS. I almost ended up driving for Tyler...
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    I heard already that some hydro guys did not like P1 and such...hhhmmmmmmm
    Of course they don't. They'd rather see the lower classes of Hydro's vs Offshore. That's how they came up into the unlimited class, not by driving Offshore. Well, our friend Steve may be the one exception....

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Simmons ran into Pirate
    dag gum, I figured he had the "come across your bow in a turn" move down pretty pat, now hes just hittin em?
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I should rephrase...

The two of them rubbed.....

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Not sure where this idea of staged racing is coming from other than last years first race in OB where we agreed to put on a show at the first race. Fast forward to this year and race on a tight small course and any team can win if you have the pole and dont screw up. The reason I see differant winners is you change the starting position every heat based on your last finish. Its a 2 mile course so when the green goes up you have less than a mile to turn one. If you have the pole and can maintain your position through turn one you have a great shot at winning even in a boat that may be 2-3 mph slower. I can guaranty you there was NO STAGING at the last 2 events in P1. I can also tell you that any of the other SVL boats better be on there game in the turns if they want to race against any of these guys. We have had more turns in 2 races than most will have in 2 years. THERE HAS BEEN MORE SPIN OUTS IN THE LAST 2 RACES THAN THERE HAS BEEN IN YEARS. AND YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE BALLS TO CALL IT STAGED. Kiss our a$$.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Randy,

Obviously there is a 100 lb elephant in the room, I've been the target b4, why not now lol With all respect to the Time Bandit and his higher hp, I look at the lineup of the 3 remaining and I say this with all due respect, the other two dont and will never hold a candle to you and your ability. So in essence, with all of us knowing how good you really are, an assumption of staged racing always comes to mind if you are to get beat.

and no I aint gonna kiss your a$$, but I will state facts and please dont come back and tell me how great the other teams are, they might be, but we all know that they're not as good as you....

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

9. Collapse Details

Trent,for someone who races against nobody you have an aweful lot of negative things to say about those who are racing against alot of other boats

10. Collapse Details

Doug, raced against 5 in cocoa and 8 others in Sarasota.... Ok I was told 3 other class 4 boats would show in SIB, they didnt... I'm the bad guy now? And you've raced when this year??????
    www.tntoffshore.com

11. Collapse Details

here we go again.....HELL..TRENT STOP u never learn ...

BTW it was 4 other in COCOA ...5 TOTAL !

LOL

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Not sure where this idea of staged racing is coming from other than last years first race in OB where we agreed to put on a show at the first race. Fast forward to this year and race on a tight small course and any team can win if you have the pole and dont screw up. The reason I see differant winners is you change the starting position every heat based on your last finish. Its a 2 mile course so when the green goes up you have less than a mile to turn one. If you have the pole and can maintain your position through turn one you have a great shot at winning even in a boat that may be 2-3 mph slower. I can guaranty you there was NO STAGING at the last 2 events in P1. I can also tell you that any of the other SVL boats better be on there game in the turns if they want to race against any of these guys. We have had more turns in 2 races than most will have in 2 years. THERE HAS BEEN MORE SPIN OUTS IN THE LAST 2 RACES THAN THERE HAS BEEN IN YEARS. AND YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE BALLS TO CALL IT STAGED. Kiss our a$$.
    this is where it came from

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Classic!!! Now come on J, P1 where your guaranteed a heat victory and a hotel room. Instead of P1, should we start calling it WWE offshore style? I thought the staged racing oops excuse me, demonstration racing was over.....
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Bruce ,i, wasn,t knocking anybody in particular,,I thought they ALL were eligable for the title,,is Simmons the only one , i didn,t know that sorry ,,I guess my point was ,,how does staged racing fit in APBA,s selection ,,,I also agree they have the best options right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some pay ,,some figure out how not to pay !
    they are all eligible. However, it is Simmons' personal goal.

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Randy,

Obviously there is a 100 lb elephant in the room, I've been the target b4, why not now lol With all respect to the Time Bandit and his higher hp, I look at the lineup of the 3 remaining and I say this with all due respect, the other two dont and will never hold a candle to you and your ability. So in essence, with all of us knowing how good you really are, an assumption of staged racing always comes to mind if you are to get beat.

and no I aint gonna kiss your a$$, but I will state facts and please dont come back and tell me how great the other teams are, they might be, but we all know that they're not as good as you....

Trent
    your kissin his ass right now. you have a bad way of being politically correct. There's always a hint of condecending overtone. Get over yourself Trent. Remember where you came from.

the only true advantage Randy has over these other teams is seat time...plain and simple. Add phucking nuts to the equation and you have the makings of a winner.

Put Randy in any one of those boats and he'll probably win. Give the others time, they'll come around.

13. Collapse Details

If these are not staged, I apoligize. But my feelings do not change toward staged "racing" at any event.

Racing is about winning, staged exhibitions are about showing off boats and drinking beer. But we already have poker runs for that.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    So, what everyone is saying is when the "Offshore boats have attended the Gold Cup"
    the races were never staged?
    I don't know about other times, but I know the time we went it was not staged. I don't think the super cats teams would have ever written a script where the Cintron Vee came from the second start and passed them all. Hebie was hauling the mail.

15. Collapse Details

Racing is about winning, staged exhibitions are about showing off boats and drinking beer. But we already have poker runs for that.
    and a big yellow cat ...LOL

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I don't know about other times, but I know the time we went it was not staged. I don't think the super cats teams would have ever written a script where the Cintron Vee came from the second start and passed them all. Hebie was hauling the mail.
    Yes they were........

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Yes they were........

Touche`!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

18. Collapse Details

Yes they were........
    I will say that they were not real races, meaning no pace boats, complete classes, boats to race against, set number of laps or heats, points paid, or a sanactioning body. But I can guarantee you that Herbie running down and passing the Cat fleet was in no way scripted. Being that it was by invitation of the Super Cat teams that the vees were there, Herb really ruffled some feathers.

As for us, we had no one to run against so we focused on fly bys, (they actually warned us to stop it on the radio)

There was also no purse $, free hotels, or an illusion of it being a true OPA race.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Weekend adventure,
    Heat one, It was a mess for me and the team. I missed the flight and couldnt book one till Sat. morning. Thought I would miss the first heat so Trophy said he would drive. At the drivers role call they asked Trophy what his last name was and the racers all yelled BIT$H. Well the race was delayed and I had just enough time to do my physical and sign doc's. I had my new driver Stan from the old Mojo driving. We did great then ran out of gas on the last mile running in first. 2 nd heat we were trying to pass Time Bandet and went around in a spin. Ended up in 3rd thanks to Octane spinning as well. Craned out only to be light at 4750 lbs so the day was shot but we had fun. Heat 3 on Sun. we placed 3rd and heat 4 we were dead last. Heat 5 we changed the prop and moved some weight and won the last race with a new driver Brett Freshman. Crained out and came up 20LBS light and lost the point for those 3 heats. Finishing last suckes but having a great time is priceless! Great event,great inforcement of the rules and great friends!!!
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    what is the weight rule ?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions