1. Collapse Details
    New Zealand Boating
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This looks to be an exciting ride.

http://www.shotoverjet.com/the-video

They're not that crazy (fun????) on the Rogue out in Oregon in the tourist boats.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post

They're not that crazy (fun????) on the Rogue out in Oregon in the tourist boats.....
    Its awesome..let me dig up some pics

3. Collapse Details

sure they are Paul; they probably just toned it down for older people like you
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    sure they are Paul; they probably just toned it down for older people like you

5. Collapse Details

Wonder what the insurance premium would be for that.

6. Collapse Details

Freak'n cool!!

7. Collapse Details

My wife and I went to New Zealand about 20 years ago and did the triple challenge. Helicopter ride, whitewater rafting and the shotover jet. Awesome experience. I tried to get the guy to let me drive. I explained that I was a world champion offshore racer. Instead of letting me drive he said he would work extra hard to impress me. What he really meant was that he would do his best to scare the crap out of me. It worked. Those guys can really drive. If you ever get the chance go to New Zealand. You won't want to come home.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeybandit View Post
    My wife and I went to New Zealand about 20 years ago and did the triple challenge. Helicopter ride, whitewater rafting and the shotover jet. Awesome experience. I tried to get the guy to let me drive. I explained that I was a world champion offshore racer. Instead of letting me drive he said he would work extra hard to impress me. What he really meant was that he would do his best to scare the crap out of me. It worked. Those guys can really drive. If you ever get the chance go to New Zealand. You won't want to come home.
    I'll have to do that then......

I wonder when they have a big offshore race we could take in at the same time?????

9. Collapse Details

I'll have to do that then......

I wonder when they have a big offshore race we could take in at the same time?????
    Different islands (North vs South)...queenstown is beautiful. If you can go, do it.

10. Collapse Details

There was one of those boats down here, but it operated in the open ocean. It was called the "Twitterpater" or sumpin close.
    Parabellum FJ²B

11. Collapse Details

I wonder what happens when you miss a turn and bump the wall. Fiberglass repair?

12. Collapse Details

That's why we live here

13. Collapse Details

Kiwiracer,

We did the Dart River jet boat ride as well. That's a full day excursion that takes you way off the beaten path. Not sure if you are familiar with it. They make the shotover guys look tame.

I have pix somewhere of both. I will try to find them and post them. I also have some video somewhere. This was when they still let you take video on the boat.

14. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Way cool!!!
    •_•_•____•_•_•

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member, Competitor Cookee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kiwiracer,

We did the Dart River jet boat ride as well. That's a full day excursion that takes you way off the beaten path. Not sure if you are familiar with it. They make the shotover guys look tame.

I have pix somewhere of both. I will try to find them and post them. I also have some video somewhere. This was when they still let you take video on the boat.
    I've also done the Dart River trip - much more of a trip and you get to see more of NZ rather than just a canyon - not as glitzy but I would recommend it!

Photos are on the laptop though!

16. Collapse Details

Guys

Plenty of things to do like that here, in the bay of islands there is the hole in the rock ride.............but like everything nowadays, if it's fun, there is some government official trying to legislate ...........................

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Girl released from hospital after jet boat crash

A 12-year-old Australian girl injured in a Shotover Jet boat crash has been discharged from hospital and has returned to her family holiday.

The girl had been on the jet with 13 other passengers and a driver when it crashed shortly before 5pm on Saturday.

Four others suffered minor injuries and the girl, who was moderately injured with suspected spinal injuries, was airlifted to Southland Hospital.

Shotover Jet general manager Clark Scott said: "We understand she's on her way and doing well, and we will continue to provide whatever support she and her family may need."

The company was "very glad" to hear the news but were not in a position to comment further or provide more details.

Investigations into the incident were ongoing and operations were back to normal, Scott said.

Maritime New Zealand spokesman Steve Rendle said staff would arrive on site in the next few days to investigate the crash.

It will be the second investigation involving the company in the past six months after a boat crashed into a rock in October.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...jet-boat-crash

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Makes you wonder if you want to get into one of those boats when you go to New Zealand.

Wonder if they'd let me drive?