Thread: Getting Ready

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Three boats in the SVL class sold in the last few months, so if really are looking for a boat I wouldnt wait. This is the only class that I know of that equipment is selling, and thats a great sign.
    True that.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

how many SVL's are there still for sale now ?.. and which ones..???

3. Collapse Details

How many of the recently sold SVL's will be run in SVL, or will they be P-Boats? The Velocity guys that bought my old boat Equalizer/Way 2 Krazy are pretty committed P-Class guys.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

4. Collapse Details

Mike,

I heard this from Will Smith but it's still 3rd hand. Will told me that your old boat will be running in SVL this year. The guys who bought your boat have raced in F1 fir years until the class died so I think they will be likely running the boat in SVL.
    At least I hope.

Wil

5. Collapse Details

The deal i got from the inspector and all of our class 4 guys is that NO svl will be allowed in this class since they are known to run 90+ so they wont fit in a 80 MPH class...so SVL would be it ...the only reason why they allowed Will and national guard in this class ios because of not legal for SVL !

And i heard from Steve Killdahl that they want to run SVL with that boat !

So again, which other SVL's are out tehre for sale ...?
    Where are they all ??
    whats the price on them now ??

Would be nice to know !

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    TYPHOON $100k WITH MOTOR HOME. And I will pay for a seat in it at the races.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    These boats have been so devalued. A new boat is $150K with the good stuff maybe more from some manufctures. I bought ours for aprox 45K on a trailor with no motor or drive assembly. Gutted the whole thing to the fiberglass and put in all new. Ended up at $128K at the first race. When we bought it we said we will just put in aprox $40K and be done. In the end you cant stop yourself so we gutted the whole thing. If there is a lesson to be learned its the boat that is winning and cost the most you should buy. If you cant afford it then you will be forced to buy something that needs work that will cost you way more in the end that you ever dreamed. With that being said the deal of the century is the green boat of the Kostalacks at aprox $75K. Pay now and dont do all the R&D or pay less and spend years catching up.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Mike,

I heard this from Will Smith but it's still 3rd hand. Will told me that your old boat will be running in SVL this year. The guys who bought your boat have raced in F1 fir years until the class died so I think they will be likely running the boat in SVL.
    At least I hope.

Wil
    Thanks Wil. I hope they have better luck with it than the three different owners before him did.....
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

9. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Randy while i agree with the theroy ,let someone else do the r&d ,,this is the fastest fun class for the " working man " . like you ,and most in this class ,it,s much easier to buy a 45 -50 thousand dollar boat , and spend a thousand here and their ,than shell out 75 - 150 thousand in one check,,, if money is NO object (their are 2 or 3 in svl) ,,the Kostalics boat is a great boat ,,,if not ,,Bruces boat is the BEST DEAL to get you on the water now ,in a very fast piece,,,don,t forget the learning curve of these boats ,,most boats for sale will not be used at their fullest potential for some time,,,so you can spend money as you see fit.
    the way2crazy boat is going to finish the season out in p-4 ,,and then look at the svl class next season,,
    what i don,t understand is " if an svl is illegal for svl it CAN run p-4 ??? Will.s Phantom has a 600 cu in #4 speedmaster ,,,and the class is scared of 525.s with bravo,s ???????daaaaaaaa,,,,,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Randy while i agree with the theroy ,let someone else do the r&d ,,this is the fastest fun class for the " working man " . like you ,and most in this class ,it,s much easier to buy a 45 -50 thousand dollar boat , and spend a thousand here and their ,than shell out 75 - 150 thousand in one check,,, if money is NO object (their are 2 or 3 in svl) ,,the Kostalics boat is a great boat ,,,if not ,,Bruces boat is the BEST DEAL to get you on the water now ,in a very fast piece,,,don,t forget the learning curve of these boats ,,most boats for sale will not be used at their fullest potential for some time,,,so you can spend money as you see fit.
    the way2crazy boat is going to finish the season out in p-4 ,,and then look at the svl class next season,,
    what i don,t understand is " if an svl is illegal for svl it CAN run p-4 ??? Will.s Phantom has a 600 cu in #4 speedmaster ,,,and the class is scared of 525.s with bravo,s ???????daaaaaaaa,,,,,,,
    Wills boat has a 509 Ci engine !!!!
    no matter what he told u but i was there when maschined !

and its about the SPEED not which engine or power !
    U have your rules, we have ours !

They can not run in P4

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Of all the boats currently out there actively for sale, Bruce's is probably the best buy. There are a couple not actively for sale, but for sale behind the scenes, that are as good of a deal.

I was interested in Krazy because I already have a couple of sweet engines to use in P4 or P3, depending on the org, and could run there for a season and then go chase the big boys and girls around the ponds.......

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    Wills boat has a 509 Ci engine !!!!
    no matter what he told u but i was there when maschined !

and its about the SPEED not which engine or power !
    U have your rules, we have ours !

They can not run in P4
    what does machineing have to do with cu in ? do you know the bore and stroke ,,you might be right ,,but you would have to have seen the crank and block put together !

as for the speed ,,you can put the right prop on ANY boat to go 80 ,,i know with another prop and x dim, yours can go 90 ,,my point is any boat can be limited ,!

Scott were not comming into your class ,,but someone who buys one and just needs seat time ,could run short wheel,,

or change engine also,,
    way2crazy was an A boat ,,didn,t they run 100 ? i,m not sure so thats why i,m asking,,

13. Collapse Details

George...Equalizer/Way 2 Krazy never saw anything close to 100 mph. I owned/raced it for one year in A-Class and then APBA put us as part of the Super Series (SVL). We ran SVL for two years and then sold it.

14. Collapse Details

I dont speak for the SBI P4 class nor the OPA Class 4 but since I race in both, bring it, hell bring the Geico boat, chit 80 is 80 and 85 is 85; all competition is welcomed in my eyes. If I get beat, I get beat and I had better go back and either fix the problem or figure out a better set up.

The only upsetting thing I have seen over the past couple of years is I brought my Fountain(former F1)out and was placed in P4(85) against the old F2 boats, I wasnt ecstatic(actually took it as a compliment) however I still ran the race and gave 110%. I went out and got hooked up with a former F2 boat( you know, build a boat for the class...) and then we go into KW and the singles get their way and separate the class and move up into the 95 mph class. Now the World Champeen in the 95 class says he cant run 95(all of a sudden) and wants to race in the P4 class again @ 80. This is why our sport is a dog running in a circle chasing its own tail....

If any SVL wants to run in either SBI P4 or OPA Class 4, I say bring it, I hope I have something for ya and we have a good race
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

15. Collapse Details

the new team in SRQ..bought a SVL and stuck in the class where it belongs,( HATS OFF ). THAT IS THE RIGHT THINKG TO DO !!!!!

Dont use and/ or mess up a class thats running for points to get seat time .....a canopy boat has a lot more advantages then an open boat THATS FACT !

If anybody needs seat time,, go test !

THATS MY THOUGHT !!

My boat would need a lot more then just a prop to run 90+ as it did in A class and i think the # on it was 94 maybe 95 MAX in its best days with a 7800 RPM engine and a 1.50 gear ratio !

dont build a class for a boat , buy or build a boat for a class !

On Will's Phantom, its a 509 CI ~ 600 HP hydraulic roller engine !
    9.5 :1 compression !

Competition is a great thing if its fair and the boats are pretty equal, the National Guard boat shouldnt even be in this class since he is P3 ( 95MPH ) world champion 2010 with this exact boat and set up !

Proping a boat down is sandbaging and once i read in the rulebook that the class is determined by the max speed the boat can run in ideal waterconditions !

I dont care what everybody says....and 80 is not 80 its a huge differents if u can run relaxed at 80 in 4 footers or u have to hold on in an open boat !

Anyhow....i wish everybody a great season and good luck BE SAFE !

BTW, it also says in the rulebook u can not replace a boat in the season only if the #1 boat is damaged and the #2 boat is equal to the first ! So if velocity changes now ..i guess i be national champion already ..WOW !!!!!!???

RULES ARE RULES and only comitted racers should have vote on this , just saying !
    Last edited by 600sci; 07-09-2011 at 10:33 AM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    George...Equalizer/Way 2 Krazy never saw anything close to 100 mph. I owned/raced it for one year in A-Class and then APBA put us as part of the Super Series (SVL). We ran SVL for two years and then sold it.
    I wasn,t sure of the speed ,,,after seeing what Will did with the 3 seater ,i,m pretty sure why2crazy is going to come out hot !

Scott i agree with you on all ,,i don,t think you will see any problems from the svl,s ,, the class is to devided up right now,,4 series 2 or 3 boats in each everybody gets a trophy,,,

17. Collapse Details

I would like to see a super vee lite unlimited class.Do what ever you want!!!!

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Personally, I would not.

I would still like to see the exact same rules in all orgs, and that they be modified to where they are easily enforced.

The change made to keep guys from cheating, like the drilled inspection hole for the flywheel and the rev limit test, are good additions. But, the engine management map recording system for max RPM would also be a good addition in my opinion.

If you have an unlimited class, the most money wins and the rest leave. It has happened over and over. In some classes there is absolutely no "Racing" involved.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Personally, I would not.

I would still like to see the exact same rules in all orgs, and that they be modified to where they are easily enforced.

The change made to keep guys from cheating, like the drilled inspection hole for the flywheel and the rev limit test, are good additions. But, the engine management map recording system for max RPM would also be a good addition in my opinion.

If you have an unlimited class, the most money wins and the rest leave. It has happened over and over. In some classes there is absolutely no "Racing" involved.
    I AGREE !!!!!

and thats why i think a canopy boat single ..(LIKE SVL UNLIMITED..LOL) should be in P3 and make SBI class 4 and OPA class 5 open boats only !

just my 2 c

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Doug my boy ,,I can hook you up !!