1. Collapse Details
    Don't take any pictures of the cops

2. Collapse Details

Holy crap.

3. Collapse Details

Dont get me wrong, some cops are flat out-A-holes. Then again, so are some people.

Here's the way i see it. Cops, especially big city cops, in this day and age, face the possibility of more criminal charges, than the average crook.

What i am saying is, even without the cameras and video recorders, they are constantly in the public eye, and its rarely for doing anything positive. Not because they dont, but because the media finds it better for ratings to talk about what "wrong" they have done. Everyday they respond to some sort of crime, whether its theft, assaults, domestic violence, etc. They are ALWAYS in the mix. So, there are certain circumstances, where it is very easy for them to be portrayed doing wrong. Like when a criminal resists arrest, reaches for the officers gun, etc. When your life is on the line, and you have a family at home counting on you, sometimes political correctness, self control, and civil rights get blocked out of ones mind. So if it means they have to put a criminal in a chokehold, or instill a little bodily harm to the criminal to get the situation under control, I am for that, to a certain extent of course. Bottom line, when a officer deals with the worst of the worst, from child molesters, to gangbangers, to flat out sick SOB's who put their babies in the microwave "because it wouldnt stop crying", i'd be a little hesistant to treat a few of these fabulous additions to society, with courtesy and respect!

I'll share a quick story with you. Years ago, my dad was working (now he's a retired CPO) outside comiskey park, he was directing traffic outside near the ballpark. Some guy, who commited some sort of crime, I think he assaulted someone outside the stadium, was running from several other cops. So this guy, was being chased on foot, and headed right towards my dad. My dad tackled him, and in the mix ended up with a broken wrist.

Later that year, might have even been the next season, he was walking down the street outside the ball park in uniform, when a school bus passed him. As the bus passed him, someone leaned out the bus window, and poured a full cup of beer on him. Well he got on his radio, and had the officer at the next intersection stop the bus. He ran down there, and went on the bus. Asked who threw the beer, and guess who it was, the guy he had tackled in the broken wrist incident. When he went towards the back of the bus to grab the guy to make the arrest, the guy started fighting with him, so he ends up on top of the guy, pretty much as one would do in a normal street fight. While this is going on, the guys girlfriend jumps on my dads back, and begins trying to gouge his eyes out with her finger nails. So, he gets up, punches her square in the face, and knocks her out. Other officers arrive, arrests are made, end of story. Nope.

Both the guy and his girlfriend make a beef. Saying that he used excessive force. what would you do if you were on a bus, full of people, and at least two of them were trying to take you down? He got suspended for it, and lets face it, cops do not make huge salaries. So unpaid suspensions arent ever good. He was working two jobs at that time as he had two kids in private schools.

I guess what i am getting at here, this stuff happens every day. As a cop, knowing that if you involve yourself in a situation, there is a good chance that you may get fired, suspended, or even charged with criminal activity, and put in jail. So would you sometimes want to look the other way and avoid that? Personally, i would say yes. Thats what is happening in police departments across the country. Police are looking the other way, as they have no support from their commanding officers, general public, media, judges, and so on. You have to worry that every action you do while serving your shift is gonna end up on youtube. 20+ years ago, the only thing you knew you were risking was your life when you went to work. Now, there's a whole lot more to risk. just not worth it imo, at 60k a year.

Back in the 80's, for extra money, my dad used to work the CHA homes. If any of you are familiar, or remember, housing projects such as "Cabrini Green", "Stateway Gardens", "Robert Taylor Homes", etc, you will know they were no joke. They were gang warzones. Workin the midnight shift ridin the elevators and patrolling the hallways in these buildings surely couldnt have been a cake walk. The gangs their not only killed, sold drugs, and all the other crap, they used to charge little old ladies who lived in the building, money, so that the old lady can use the elevator in her own building.

I got buddies who come down to the city, and $hit their pants just driving thru some of the bad neighborhoods. Believe me, the city is no where near as bad as the good old days of those wonderful free housing projects our government gave those people. most of them are all gone now.

Sorry guys, i had alot of coffee this morning lol back to boating!

4. Collapse Details

What happens in Chicago. Where were this officers civil rights?

5. Collapse Details

What happens over by Twin Whackas, magic medicine, and those other indiana perverts lol

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Dont get me wrong, some cops are flat out-A-holes. Then again, so are some people.

Here's the way i see it. Cops, especially big city cops, in this day and age, face the possibility of more criminal charges, than the average crook.

What i am saying is, even without the cameras and video recorders, they are constantly in the public eye, and its rarely for doing anything positive. Not because they dont, but because the media finds it better for ratings to talk about what "wrong" they have done. Everyday they respond to some sort of crime, whether its theft, assaults, domestic violence, etc. They are ALWAYS in the mix. So, there are certain circumstances, where it is very easy for them to be portrayed doing wrong. Like when a criminal resists arrest, reaches for the officers gun, etc. When your life is on the line, and you have a family at home counting on you, sometimes political correctness, self control, and civil rights get blocked out of ones mind. So if it means they have to put a criminal in a chokehold, or instill a little bodily harm to the criminal to get the situation under control, I am for that, to a certain extent of course. Bottom line, when a officer deals with the worst of the worst, from child molesters, to gangbangers, to flat out sick SOB's who put their babies in the microwave "because it wouldnt stop crying", i'd be a little hesistant to treat a few of these fabulous additions to society, with courtesy and respect!

I'll share a quick story with you. Years ago, my dad was working (now he's a retired CPO) outside comiskey park, he was directing traffic outside near the ballpark. Some guy, who commited some sort of crime, I think he assaulted someone outside the stadium, was running from several other cops. So this guy, was being chased on foot, and headed right towards my dad. My dad tackled him, and in the mix ended up with a broken wrist.

Later that year, might have even been the next season, he was walking down the street outside the ball park in uniform, when a school bus passed him. As the bus passed him, someone leaned out the bus window, and poured a full cup of beer on him. Well he got on his radio, and had the officer at the next intersection stop the bus. He ran down there, and went on the bus. Asked who threw the beer, and guess who it was, the guy he had tackled in the broken wrist incident. When he went towards the back of the bus to grab the guy to make the arrest, the guy started fighting with him, so he ends up on top of the guy, pretty much as one would do in a normal street fight. While this is going on, the guys girlfriend jumps on my dads back, and begins trying to gouge his eyes out with her finger nails. So, he gets up, punches her square in the face, and knocks her out. Other officers arrive, arrests are made, end of story. Nope.

Both the guy and his girlfriend make a beef. Saying that he used excessive force. what would you do if you were on a bus, full of people, and at least two of them were trying to take you down? He got suspended for it, and lets face it, cops do not make huge salaries. So unpaid suspensions arent ever good. He was working two jobs at that time as he had two kids in private schools.

I guess what i am getting at here, this stuff happens every day. As a cop, knowing that if you involve yourself in a situation, there is a good chance that you may get fired, suspended, or even charged with criminal activity, and put in jail. So would you sometimes want to look the other way and avoid that? Personally, i would say yes. Thats what is happening in police departments across the country. Police are looking the other way, as they have no support from their commanding officers, general public, media, judges, and so on. You have to worry that every action you do while serving your shift is gonna end up on youtube. 20+ years ago, the only thing you knew you were risking was your life when you went to work. Now, there's a whole lot more to risk. just not worth it imo, at 60k a year.

Back in the 80's, for extra money, my dad used to work the CHA homes. If any of you are familiar, or remember, housing projects such as "Cabrini Green", "Stateway Gardens", "Robert Taylor Homes", etc, you will know they were no joke. They were gang warzones. Workin the midnight shift ridin the elevators and patrolling the hallways in these buildings surely couldnt have been a cake walk. The gangs their not only killed, sold drugs, and all the other crap, they used to charge little old ladies who lived in the building, money, so that the old lady can use the elevator in her own building.

I got buddies who come down to the city, and $hit their pants just driving thru some of the bad neighborhoods. Believe me, the city is no where near as bad as the good old days of those wonderful free housing projects our government gave those people. most of them are all gone now.

Sorry guys, i had alot of coffee this morning lol back to boating!
    Good points Joey!!! Your Dad has some big stones to do what he does. I know know he has the RESPECT from the "right" people!!!!! Nuff said!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    What happens over by Twin Whackas, magic medicine, and those other indiana perverts lol

Thats over in Todd's home town!!! Hell whats a guy to do!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Exactly!

9. Collapse Details
    PERVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Dam Sickos Get a Blanket and cover the poor Women up, Then Give Her a Blanket Party! .

10. Collapse Details

We need to find that girl. She is clearly a bad influence.

11. Collapse Details

A couple of years ago I was anchored on the outskirts of the Chicago Scene Party. I took a picture of this police boat. He came over to me and asked me why I was taking his picture. With a big grin on my face , I told him I was putting together a calendar of police boats and was going to sell them as a fund raiser for the marine patrol. He chuckled and said I need to get closer to the party as I didn't have any girls on my boat. Glad I am not doing 15yrs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3355.JPG   IMG_3341.JPG  

12. Collapse Details
    Hay Tall Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    We need to find that girl. She is clearly a bad influence.
    You Got Any bad influence Blankets made up Yet ! "Just a thought" !!