1. Collapse Details
    Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City, car show, photos
    I know this is a boating forum, but most of the hi-perf boaters I know, love virtually all hi-perf. If this needs to be moved to another section, thats fine.

This weekends car show was hosted by Rick, and contained local cars, but it took place at one of the largest GM muscle car displays, in the nation.

Muscle Car City, located in South Punta Gorda, FL, is a 99,000 square foot museum with well over 200 vintage '50s to early '70s muscle cars. Featuring classic cars and hot rods spanning 35 years of makes and models. The collection boasts GM Performance Cars from '67 - '70 Z-28 Camaros, '68 - '71 396 Camaros, '64 - '71 SS Chevelles, '65 – '71 SS El Caminos, '58 - '67 Big Block Impalas, '64 - '71 Pontiac GTOs, '64 - '72 Oldsmobile 442s and a huge assortment of Hot Rods and Antique Chevys. Rick has managed to maintain and collect one or more Corvette of each year from 1954 - 1975 and several of each series from 1975 - 2006.

As a child, cars played a big part of Rick Treworgy's life. Models, pedal cars, any toy with 4 wheels inspired him. As soon as he was old enough to ride a bike, a motor was his next thought. He legally started driving in 1965 at age 16; a great time for a muscle car guy! Rick, like most kids, started with 10 year old cars, but hey - '55 through '57 Chevys weren't too shabby.

At first his interest in old cars was purely economic, (they were all he could afford), but as time passed he found a certain charm in those old cars. He bought, sold and restored these cars, and this was how he kept his hobby alive.

Soon enough, Rick began collecting GM cars, Chevy's in particular. After nearly 40 years of turning his dream into a reality and stock piling well over 200 vintage '50s to early '70s muscle cars, he decided to turn this collection into Muscle Car City!

Two years ago, Rick bought an abandoned store from the biggest retailer in the world, Wal-Mart, and now he’s ready to share his world-class collection with the rest of us. This has become one of the largest GM muscle car collections in the nation.

Rick has kept the entire collection in pristine running condition. That's quite a feat considering the classic cars and hot rods span 80 years of makes and models! Rick learned that almost anyone can have a nice new car; however it takes someone who really cares to have a nice old car.

Here are my pictures, enjoy!

Car show, all 85 pictures

Car show, all 85 pictures

2. Collapse Details

Is that a real dog peeing on the first pics tire ???
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

My father has a winter home a few miles from Rick and knows him pretty well too. I was real impressed with his collection and real happy he made it public. Much better than the old warehouse. Also you are correct, I think were all some sort of Gear Head, water or asphalt! I own a Motorcycle dealership in Pittsburgh and love just about anything with a Motor!!!
    Thanks for the Post.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Is that a real dog peeing on the first pics tire ???

Bad doggie!

fake dog, all part of the show!

Here is another really cool shot

I really like the color and tail on this car, and suspected it would make a great shot. Once I looked at it on my computer screen, I noticed the reflection of the orange cone. I was really bummed, since I felt this ruined the shot, and then I notice another reflection in the chrome around the lights. I had 18Mpixels, so I digitally zoomed in on my PC, and can see myself, and the Impala and BelAir behind me, as well as the palm trees at the end of the parking lot.

Here is the original shot, and the digital zoom of the reflection.

5. Collapse Details

That's cool !!! I figured it was a fake dog, but I had to make sure ! thanks always for posting this stuff !
    Parabellum FJ²B

6. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Cool pics. Thanks for sharing

7. Collapse Details

I Was Down There Last Week All I Can Say Is Unbelievable,,The Amount Of Chevys In One Building,,What A Great Collection