Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 4mulafastech View Post
    Wow Bill, that sux. I have had only one issue with my 2005. It was a clunking noise coming from the steering column. The intermediate shaft was replaced under warranty (see link) and all has been good ever since. I guess the front ends must be sensitive to any changes (taller tires / lift kits). I have stock tires/height (I know, boring) and it seems to handle the Dmax/Allison combo just fine.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Bl...ring_shaft.pdf

I hope that I am done with all of the repairs, especially now that she is out of warranty!!! Do not want for this thing to nickel and dime me to death!!! Hell, it only has 30K miles on her!!!! Great to see ya?hear from ya!! Happy new year!!!

2. Collapse Details

I looked at a 05 or 06 2500HD Chevy for my dad when they were new, I was not impressed at all withg the suspension, not "built like a rock" to me...I was told that they use alot of the same parts as the 1/2 ton, alot of guys seem to have issues with the suspension, Chevy ride better then Ford and Dodge I am sure, but I see the negative side to that..

I do think my 99 F350 dually rides very good for a 1 ton 4x4, I was amazed....rides better then my 3/4 ton did...

I like the durable front suspension on the Ford...never had issues with any of my 4 SD Fords..
    35 Cigarette Mistress

3. Collapse Details

I installed a 6" lift kit at 20k miles. Removed it at 75k miles and went back to stock. I did not see any issues with the ball joints when I did the swap. I do have that steering bump sound in my steering shaft and my dad says his 04 does it also from going down rough roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No, I really do not have any noise, but have had to replace Tie rods, 3 intermediate steering shats, control arms, steering gear boat, power steering pump, Hydro boost pump, tranny cooler lines sever times...and so on...

GM says my steering issues are from those monster 33" tires I have...yeah right! I think that GM built the front ends OK for gas trucks, but can't handle the weight of the Dmax/Allison combo...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    I installed a 6" lift kit at 20k miles. Removed it at 75k miles and went back to stock. I did not see any issues with the ball joints when I did the swap. I do have that steering bump sound in my steering shaft and my dad says his 04 does it also from going down rough roads.
    Intermidiate stering shaft needs to be replaced. Tel your old man it is not from going down rough roads, just a poor design. Happens to every GM truck!

My truck is not lifted other then a few turns on the torsion bars to clear the tires... Just the extra weight of the Dmax and Allison up there...

5. Collapse Details
    2008 f250 8" lift
    MINE!!!

It gets used to pull many things!!!

Johnny

6. Collapse Details

Nice looking Ford

7. Collapse Details

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	51053[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	51054

my f350
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

on the gm sterring shafts, you can also regrease them by takenthem out buying the kit at gm and getting after it real simple process twenty minutes maybe from r and r to packing. also I believe flaming river makes a new shaft that is built to beter standards and replace the factory unit.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JPD MOTORSPORTS View Post
    on the gm sterring shafts, you can also regrease them by takenthem out buying the kit at gm and getting after it real simple process twenty minutes maybe from r and r to packing. also I believe flaming river makes a new shaft that is built to beter standards and replace the factory unit.

The regreaseing the shaft is a temporary fix, that is what GM did to "fix" it for awhile...

Borgeson also make a MUCH better replacement shaft.

10. Collapse Details

the latest GM part number for the steering shaft solves the problem

I have not yet heard of one instance of that not being true
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    Here is my personal tow rig. Just a little pu.
    Wow only one old Top Kick, thought there would be more. Next project after I get my boat back together is finding a decent shorter-wheelbase Kodiak/Top Kick and swapping a Suburban body on it.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    the latest GM part number for the steering shaft solves the problem

I have not yet heard of one instance of that not being true
    Good to hear!!!! About time though....

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Good to hear!!!! About time though....
    the latest shaft has been out on the street over 20 months..

14. Collapse Details

1991 chevy 3500/1980 sleekcraft
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck&boat.jpg   IMG00057-20090916-1223[1].jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Here's mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annalyse 002.jpg   Annalyse 004.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

the latest shaft has been out on the street over 20 months..
    And your point??? It takes time to see if it works. Maybe I am too sceptical, but 6 months into a new part and if GM said it worked, I will not believe it until it has been on the road for awhile! GM had the old problematic shaft out for MANY years with several fixes that would "work"... I have about 3k miles on my truck in the past 20 months so I need more time for my application then that!!!

17. Collapse Details

I said 20 months, how do you come up with 6 months?

18. Collapse Details

I said 20 months, how do you come up with 6 months?

sorry, typo this morning....but do really think 20 months is enough time to prove this part is "fixed" when they have been "fixing" the part for what, 10 plus years??? I sincerely hope it is fixed, but am sceptical....

19. Collapse Details
    new here
    Registered
    Thought I would add a pic of my stuff............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6070054 (Medium) (WinCE).JPG   P6070055 (Medium).JPG   P6070056 (Large).jpg  

20. Collapse Details