1. Collapse Details
    Your most memorable race
    Talk about you most memorable race. I have had the opportunity to race with some of the most talented people in offshore but the most memorable race was back in 2009 at Lake Cumberland. I raced in SCL with Stan and in SC850 with Jay Muller. We raced two races with each boat. In the SCL we had engine problems and did not run very well but in SC850 it was another story. In the first race we were the second boat and I made a mistake by changing lanes in the first turn when we were not allowed to. We never got by CRC and Fury with Ray and Guy ran away. In the second heat we started on the outside and quickly got around CRC and for 8 laps battled with Fury. Many times getting side by side at 140 plus but could never get the inside lane. Anyway this was my most memorable race,although we did not win.
    Jay is calm and one of the best at what he does. I thank Billy and June for the opportunity and will always treasure the memories.

Wil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Race pics 001.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    was that the race where you wore a black jump suit ?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    This is gonna be a great thread !

Any one can get in on this one . APBA LLC. SBI (etc.),OPA, .......OSS and no doubt some T2x era .

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Cape Code APBA in F1 was my all time most memorable race. It was the total package. We ate lobster and raced in some insane crazy water. I think we had 10-15 boats in F1 and when the green flag went up I thought the pace was going to be way slower. I was wrong! F1 took off and we were mid to back of the pack at turn one. We raced our as$ off and caught up to BJ in the Activator but couldn't pass them. While we were doing that Super Boat Eddie was in the hunt as well. The throttle man was no other than Jay Muller. We passed them and they passed us and this went on for laps. In the end it was a great weekend of racing. I think it was Mark Kawalski's first race with his new Activator as well. Cool Running was there with no other than Eric Cormier. The race patrol had a great race to watch if they didn't get sea sick.
    And 2nd best race remembered was Buffalo APBA F1.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Randy, That was certainly a race for the books, I raced a batboat, and just in milling, you had to wait to get to the top of the crest so you could see the other boats. and although there was a canopy that water was cold!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Buffalo was memorable to me for not running. I picked up air freighted SV supercharged engines in Baltimore took them to Fountain then hauled to Buffalo only to get black flagged. I remember seeing the white caps in the crane launch area.

West Palm in '99 after Hurricane Dennis passed left long rolling 19 footers we raced on.. We would go up the hill and down the hill often never leaving the water. The crazy part was witnessing Lilly and Harris spanning them in the SV.. Holy Holy Sh it.

7. Collapse Details

Virgina Beach, APBA 93, watched Gentrys 50' with a wing idling out go over a wave and it was gone behind it. We were in a 24 skater and knew it was going to be ruff, the weather report was calling for 13 footers.....they were huge! Won't ever forget that one!

Best one, Chicago 92, averaged 90mph for the old C class.....great race!

8. Collapse Details

1996 Corpis Cristy TX. 1st race of the 1996 season.

Sunday morning testing one of the engines has an oil pressure problem. Mike D. takes the oil pump apart to see if it will fix it. 1.5 hrs before the start. Everyone looks bummed about to miss the first race. I was standing with George Oberry looking at everyone and we started asking about the spare engine in the trailer if it was ok.... It was our first race as a team TNT, DonQ, Sterling and Laith. So we made a quick head count of what we had and what we needed. Whie George Phlug Lupe,Mike and Johnny(TNT) and Mike Diannabel were working on the engine problem.

We, George Oberry and I (Don Q) started the what if senerio. Getting the engine out and dressed with crashbox. The only thing missing was oil. They were just installing the rebuilt oilpump when Oberry and I left for Walmart to get Mobil 1. Leaving Laith, Glen Martin, Lino and Mr.Serralles to watch over the pending mess.

Walmart on a Sunday not a good thing. We cut in a huge line with our $500 in hand asking for forgiveness.. Hauled ass back to the port to find tailpipes out and engine on the crane coming out.

Oil tank flush engine in driveshaft/ connected craned boat in the water everyone had already left the dock a while ago... While I was beating the tail pipes on with George Phlug they lit the engine so Mike could check the timing.. slammed the engine hatch and pushed her off.

We raced (stacked in a couple minivans) over to the pier to watch the start. Needless to say we were all a little dirty. We were amazed to find a table outside of the restaurant open so we took it. We got ther just in time to see Johnny and Laith taking the start with the fleet.

We watched Jt and Laith win the first race of a perfect season (11 of 11 wins). That was one of my favorites.

It was amazing how it brought all of us together and set the mood for the rest of the season.

pat W
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    willy, you could have won that race if you didn't over turn and get hosed down. One mistake cost you the race.

That was a fun day and Lake Cumberland is a great place with wonderful people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails willy.JPG   whm.JPG   whm 3.JPG  

stan.JPG  

10. Collapse Details

I don't think anyone but another racer could understand how hard Guy and I worked to win both of those races. The were both exciting and memorable.

11. Collapse Details

Battle of Lake Erie in 95' hosted by Dennis Kaiser of Jaws had some of the bigs guys their Alcone with the 40' Skater at the time Heavy Metal Ohio Steel Cat Jaws didn't race and Nuff Respect the 4 engine 46' Skater.

The D boats was the best race I think between CT Peppers in there old red 32 or 36 Skater and my neighbors 40' Caricoff Rascal the whole race they were side by side and finished within 2 seconds at the end now that was a race!!!!