Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    im bored and need ideas
    well i have been looking for something for like 6 months now. I have to spend less than 20k because of college and i want to save up some.

I want a single engine probably 24' or under. it will be used on the upper chesapeake bay, so no big water. i like the 24 checkmates, 22 donzis, and 21-24 bajas.

any thoughts?

2. Collapse Details

Not to discredit the other boats but I would also look at the Sunsation Agressor 25' or the 24' Rocket both great boats with really good speed and also looks...

3. Collapse Details

I may be selling my 21' Scarab in april or may.
    Modified engine with over 15K in the rebuild. See pics in post 1 and 3 of this thread.http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...hread.php?t=22
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

4. Collapse Details

I still got my 1994, 26' Infinity. (with swim platform) Single Merc 454 Mag. and Bravo 1. (It's pretty light for a 26')

It needs to be painted but I haven't got to it yet. 11K with trailer.
    Or.. 10K and you can get it painted anyway you want. I was just going to make it all white. (Sanded and ready)
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

5. Collapse Details

pantera.....

6. Collapse Details

I am not sure how far up the Bay you intend to be but trust me, bigger is better. A 21 will let you enter the Bay on maybe 30% of days during the season and virtually none if you want to go near Baltimore and deal with the boat wakes there. You have no idea how nasty the water can be and it is usually snotty larger waves as opposed to smooth ocean waves. So if you are considering a boat, go for the biggest you can afford. BTW, to keep up with all the stuff we have going on log in to www.cbpba.com, lots of good stuff there.

7. Collapse Details

saw this the other day. seems like a decent deal......

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o26892-en.html

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by getchasum111 View Post
    pantera.....
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I am not sure how far up the Bay you intend to be but trust me, bigger is better. A 21 will let you enter the Bay on maybe 30% of days during the season and virtually none if you want to go near Baltimore and deal with the boat wakes there. You have no idea how nasty the water can be and it is usually snotty larger waves as opposed to smooth ocean waves. So if you are considering a boat, go for the biggest you can afford. BTW, to keep up with all the stuff we have going on log in to www.cbpba.com, lots of good stuff there.

that is true.

I will get one some time after the first of the year cuz I will know more about my job. but my dad had a 1990 23 wellcraft nova with a big block and it didnt do bad around here. On busy days it was a little rough, but nothing it couldnt handle. i dont want more than 24feet because of ease of use and i dont want to deal with twins. I found a good deal on a 1990 35 sonic in harford county with 454's for like 17k or something retardedly low, but thats way too much boat.

I was trying to find something more local than florida or texas, sorry guys It just doesnt seem feasable unless it is an amazing deal. It would be a fun excuse for a road trip though

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 03darkshadow View Post

I was trying to find something more local than florida or texas, sorry guys It just doesnt seem feasable unless it is an amazing deal. It would be a fun excuse for a road trip though
    Your "right" boat is very unlikely to find you in your backyard.
    Get your traveling shoes on and go shopping.
    Nobody said there was anything easy about getting into (or staying) in this sport/hobby.

Good luck in the search.

11. Collapse Details

that is true.

I will get one some time after the first of the year cuz I will know more about my job. but my dad had a 1990 23 wellcraft nova with a big block and it didnt do bad around here. On busy days it was a little rough, but nothing it couldnt handle. i dont want more than 24feet because of ease of use and i dont want to deal with twins. I found a good deal on a 1990 35 sonic in harford county with 454's for like 17k or something retardedly low, but thats way too much boat.

Well.. C'mon down.. YOu can choose from the Formula, the Infinity, heck even the Avanti is up for grabs. Compare singles, to small twin, to racing 525's.
    The Infinity was a Lake Mich. boat. Came down and went up a few times. Stoped at Loto, Illinois river and the Miss. Easy to haul anywhere. It will probobly end up at Loto for me to use when I'l get there once a year.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Your "right" boat is very unlikely to find you in your backyard.
    Get your traveling shoes on and go shopping.
    Nobody said there was anything easy about getting into (or staying) in this sport/hobby.

Good luck in the search.

I hate that you're right. Oh well its just so much easier to find one within 2 or 3 hours.

13. Collapse Details

Want a project? 3k and its yours! 21 Donzi

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53481

14. Collapse Details

that is true.

Dont be scared we drove to Maryland to buy Pat reters old 29 ol

15. Collapse Details

your going to be in for a pleasant suprise, I have driven a 23 nova w/ 454 in ugly water, it's a good boat, but only a 20 degree bottom, my 25 nova with micro motors is definitly nicer when it gets rough, so when you get a decent sizeboat with a real 24 degree bottom, you will be smilling
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    your going to be in for a pleasant suprise, I have driven a 23 nova w/ 454 in ugly water, it's a good boat, but only a 20 degree bottom, my 25 nova with micro motors is definitly nicer when it gets rough, so when you get a decent sizeboat with a real 24 degree bottom, you will be smilling
    Wow, another vote for an oldschool Pantera.
    My '86 Baja Force got beat to hell running in "real"water.
    Don't fool yourself into buying a boat that "looks" like a performance boat.
    Buy a performance boat.
    And don't be afraid to leave the backyard when "your" boat finds you.
    That's just how it works.
    The sooner you learn these simple facts, the sooner you are an addict to this sport/hobby.

17. Collapse Details

oh im an addict.

I like the donzi posted earlier, but i am unsure how it would handle 2-3 chop or wake.

I do love panteras, i remember about 10 years ago at the marina some guy pulled up in a 28 with a single 500hp and it was bad a$$

18. Collapse Details

oh im an addict.

I like the donzi posted earlier, but i am unsure how it would handle 2-3 chop or wake.

I do love panteras, i remember about 10 years ago at the marina some guy pulled up in a 28 with a single 500hp and it was bad a$$
    Read my words carefully.
    The most important sentence is to not buy a boat that "looks" like a performance boat, but buy one that IS.
    I, and several others have made this mistake.
    Trust me, you are now a wiser man.

19. Collapse Details

so i should probably stick with pantera, superboat, or a small cig.

thanks.

20. Collapse Details

I`m thinking of selling my 24 Python (hull similar to Pantera). Powered by 502 / Bravo, sitting on trailer, ready to go. Thinking $12,500