Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    I guess time will tell now that the cat is out off the bag. I would think they will clean up there act.
    Why would they change a thing?

Their approach worked for them all year. If they hadn't missed the set-up for Wednesday's race, and they won like they expected to, they would be the 2010 SVL Champs, even with their wrists being slapped for getting caught Friday.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky devil View Post
    Why would they change a thing?

Their approach worked for them all year. If they hadn't missed the set-up for Wednesday's race, and they won like they expected to, they would be the 2010 SVL Champs, even with their wrists being slapped for getting caught Friday.

They will not change.
    If you continue to employ someone who has endangered your daughter and caused you to lose the World Championship clearly you have little to no problem with their actions.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

Steve

3. Collapse Details

I've been following this thread and I can't help but wonder why they weren't DQ'd when the illegal part was discovered? This would be a no brian'r in any other sport including Offshore Racing. Illegal parts = YOUR OUT'A HERE!!!! End of discussion.If any other boat was found running the same part would they just get a slap on the wrist too???And not just SVL....I mean,come on,the rules are in place to keep the boats equal but having built countless race vehicles over the years(mostly Drag Racing)I build them within a given set of rules.True to say I've exploited GRAY area's within these rules but if it says "You Can't Do This" or "Can't Use This Part" or whatever then that is not a gray area and you are Cheating if you do..... I would run out of fingers counting all the time's I've seen other race teams DQ'd for breaking rules,no free pass,no slap on the wrist,just go home...over and out....

4. Collapse Details
    Illegal parts overlooked
    Exactly!, not involved currently, but would like to be, but this type of thing tells me to stay home and pleasure boat...........................Rjr.......................

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HateTank View Post
    I've been following this thread and I can't help but wonder why they weren't DQ'd when the illegal part was discovered? This would be a no brian'r in any other sport including Offshore Racing. Illegal parts = YOUR OUT'A HERE!!!! End of discussion.If any other boat was found running the same part would they just get a slap on the wrist too???And not just SVL....I mean,come on,the rules are in place to keep the boats equal but having built countless race vehicles over the years(mostly Drag Racing)I build them within a given set of rules.True to say I've exploited GRAY area's within these rules but if it says "You Can't Do This" or "Can't Use This Part" or whatever then that is not a gray area and you are Cheating if you do..... I would run out of fingers counting all the time's I've seen other race teams DQ'd for breaking rules,no free pass,no slap on the wrist,just go home...over and out....

here's one Theory why

(One of Fountain's best customers) + (R. Fountain is Patient of Janssen) + rigged and run by Fountain's "TOP GUN" + (Fountain is / or was one of SBIs biggest sponsor/supporter) = slap on the wrist. How could you possibly DQ them?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by detail toyz View Post
    And I see OL is gonna copy Fountain again and go int SVL./ Lets hope they dont quit again when they start gettin there ass whooped and they go home in the middle of the night. LOL

Side note- OLs make bad ass boats they are nicer, they just arent as fast and dont perform as well....AKA Win races.

YA YA BLAH BLAH BLAH all you haters I already know what you are all gonna say, no need to make another post.... They cheat booooo Hooooo
    OL is not copying Reggie and never has. We planned to go SVL before we even knew about Doc's boat being made. We won the first race in KW, finished second in race two by a bad start and was just cruising for the point and in the last race had a belt fail while having a 48 second lead over every single boat on the race course. We are also the current Powerboat P1 world champions and won alot of races to do so just like FWW did its 1st and second year over there. We've raced two races in the past two years in the US and thats been KW. Outerlimits also didnt go bank rupt. Have a nice day.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    The OL is a 5 step hull with a much tidier aero package. I will agree it does have a point in the front and is wide in the back so they are similar.
    Steve
    Steve, the boat will have 4 steps not 5. You looked great in KW!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Fountain is / or was one of SBIs biggest sponsor/supporter = slap on the wrist. How could you possibly DQ them?
    It certainly earned them a whole lotta goodwill and as a result they got cut a whole lotta slack.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    OL is not copying Reggie and never has. We planned to go SVL before we even knew about Doc's boat being made. We won the first race in KW, finished second in race two by a bad start and was just cruising for the point and in the last race had a belt fail while having a 48 second lead over every single boat on the race course. We are also the current Powerboat P1 world champions and won alot of races to do so just like FWW did its 1st and second year over there. We've raced two races in the past two years in the US and thats been KW. Outerlimits also didnt go bank rupt. Have a nice day.
    Ya cause bankrupt has a lot to do with the race course. If you read my other post I said OLs were nicer, just not faster in my opion. But come, on to Say that all the Fountains have just cheated everytime over the last ten years and for that it is the only reason they have won races is a little stupid. Didnt OL and Fountain battle in the first couple oss races a couple years ago? And I believe the Fountain had the upper hand, and the motors were inspected and were legal.

And thats great OL is current P1 champs, they didnt win it every year and you cant expect anyone to win it every year.

Oh and as far as OL bein nicer... I would hope so for double the price.

Sorry you lost Im sure Fountain cheated. So you have a nice day too man, If we ever meet first round of beers is on me, just talkin boats here not tryin to make enimies.

10. Collapse Details

Steve, the boat will have 4 steps not 5. You looked great in KW!!
    Thanks!

Sorry I thought 5 steps, my bad.

I have looked at that line drawing many times! I really like the looks of that boat!

Steve

11. Collapse Details

Some pics of this ol would be nice to look at, any available?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    Some pics of this ol would be nice to look at, any available?
    http://www.outerlimitspowerboats.com/28SV.htm

13. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    that is a sweet looking ride .(.looks like 5 steps,,just joking )
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    that is a sweet looking ride .(.looks like 5 steps,,just joking )
    I agree..............on both counts. Must be a illusion. Can't wait to see the real thing!.
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

15. Collapse Details

Its an older drawing. It does show 5 steps so you guys arent loosing it!! We will have some pics real soon to show everyone. It will look just like the rendering though. If you guys imagine our race boat canopy on this boat you have an SVL.
    Last edited by Team Tsunami; 11-19-2010 at 06:59 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    ... I would create one single engine spec V class and one twin cat class that all existing 36'-40' cats could fit in. I would go to Ilmor and get them involved as an engine provider, and then allow the 525's to be modified up to the Ilmor spec. I might even have some rules laying around that could be used as models to make this a little easier. Talk to the racers for input but do not let them vote on anything!!!!!!
    BRAVO !!!
    Your thoughts are very close to some of the changes proposed and discussed some years ago. Unfortunately, when we suggested the Factory classes look at engine options other than Mercury racing power, the top MercRacing Brass quickly created another sanctioning body with promise of better/bigger racing and more Mercracing support than ever. Suddenly, OSS was formed.
    We've seen how that turned out.
    I'm not trying to drag a dead horse out for more beatings. I'm just suggesting that you guys are on to something.
    Just watch out for the tripwire that will try to create yet another santioning body.
    Abbysomeone

17. Collapse Details

Its an older drawing. It does show 5 steps so you guys arent loosing it!! We will have some pics real soon to show everyone. It will look just like the rendering though. If you guys imagine our race boat canopy on this boat you have an SVL.
    Boat will be sick, and this will do nothing but be good for the sport, SVL looks like it again will be a great competitive class in 11. Cant wait for the racing to start, the only guarantee is...It will be fun.

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    we need as many builders as posible to get in the sport again. yrs ago they all showcased their boats.

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    here's one Theory why

(One of Fountain's best customers) + (R. Fountain is Patient of Janssen) + rigged and run by Fountain's "TOP GUN" + (Fountain is / or was one of SBIs biggest sponsor/supporter) = slap on the wrist. How could you possibly DQ them?
    I understand to a point. But when the engine swap infraction was called in, and SBI/Richie responded, why they would allow the change of flywheels on the one they were installing without teching the rest of the engine instead of making them put the one they had removed back in ????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I understand to a point. But when the engine swap infraction was called in, and SBI/Richie responded, why they would allow the change of flywheels on the one they were installing without teching the rest of the engine instead of making them put the one they had removed back in ????
    There were two different engines in that boat in KW?
    Steve