Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    OPA Racing on TV Starts this SUNDAY
    Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    VERSUS TO BROADCAST WORLD-CLASS OFFSHORE RACING SERIES
    PRESENTED BY GEICO—A TAMPA DIGITAL PRODUCTION
    Offshore Powerboat Association [OPA] Offshore Racing Series
    airs during November and December 2010 on sports cable network

TAMPA, FL—November 11, 2010—Tampa Digital, a visual communications company, today announced that its production of the 2010 OPA Offshore Racing Series will be broadcast on consecutive Sundays during November 2010 and December 2010 on VERSUS. The racing series presented by GEICO will air at 4PM ET, November 14, and continue to run through December 19, 2010, on the sports cable network.

The 2010 OPA Offshore Racing Series broadcast schedule on VERSUS is as follows:
    • 4PM ET, November 14: Ocean City, MD
    • 4PM ET, November 21: Sunny Isles Beach, FL
    • 4PM ET, November 28: St. Clair, MI
    • 4PM ET, December 5: Atlantic City, NJ
    • 4PM ET, December 12: Solomon Islands, MD [National Championships]
    • 4PM ET, December 19: Orange Beach, AL [World Championships]

Tampa Digital shot the entire racing series in high definition and focused production efforts on the racing action, powerboat technology, high-end equipment, charismatic and colorful personalities of the racers, and clandestine drama associated with elite offshore competitions. Jim Kopcik of Tampa Digital served as broadcast producer for the OPA Offshore Racing Series.

“We are privileged by the strong distinction of producing a national broadcast showcasing probably one of the largest, most dangerous, and most powerful racing machines of all time,” Kopcik said.

Tampa Digital, Offshore Racing Series organizers such as OPA, and powerboat racers are highly grateful to John Haggin, team owner of the World Champion AMF/Miss GEICO Racing Team. Haggin, AMF and GEICO have worked tirelessly to help secure the future of the Offshore Racing Series by bringing the sport to national television.

Each Offshore Racing Series episode produced by Tampa Digital will ideally center around the on and off water contests as the world’s top powerboat racers battle for the coveted title of World Champion. The first episode will feature a complete overview of the sport and allow viewers to experience the first race from Ocean City, MD. The final episode culminates with the World Championships from Orange Beach, AL.

“We are excited about having continued providing VERSUS with an offshore racing television package that delivers an unrivaled television and bystander experience,” said Mike McKown, vice president, broadcast management.

For more information about the OPA Offshore Racing Series, please visit online: oparacingtour.com and amfoffshoreracing.com.

2. Collapse Details

Should be good. We hope everyone enjoys it!
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

3. Collapse Details

Augie,

is there a way you could copy since I dont have versus channel on my tv cable?

Chris

4. Collapse Details

I thought the show was great

5. Collapse Details

It was AWESOME!!!

6. Collapse Details

Chris, Ron is gonna work on that.

The Godfather

7. Collapse Details

Augie,

Thanks! How's your family?

Chris

8. Collapse Details

Everybody is well Brother as I pray yours is.

The Godfather

9. Collapse Details

ron, do you know if any of the future shows will show any of the p class racing

10. Collapse Details

Absolutely, the first show focused on the larger boats. Each show will switch up from one to another. AC, was to be all about class 6 and 5. Unfortunatly, you all chickened out and made me stop the race.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

11. Collapse Details

Can you imagine the footage they would have gotten in AC? It would have been priceless. Probably could have sold it to the history channel,cause it would have made history.And thats what our boats would have been when we got done,history.All kidding aside,thats good to hear.I was being questioned by sponsors.(not complaining!)

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Atlantic City would have been EPIC!

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    The goal of the show is to: 1. Make a show that will be attractive to the general public
    2. Provide a platform for race teams to gain sponsorship
    3. Get everyone on TV
    We have final editing rights for the show and I was not happy with the coverage of the P-Classes. Tampa digital got us the first two shows too late to change but we have made it clear how we feel for the remainder of the shows

14. Collapse Details

There's OTHER ways Scotty, It's just a phone call away!

The Godfather

15. Collapse Details

just curious if there is a contract for TV coverage for next year ? this is all fine and dandy but if there's no guarantee of TV next season it's useless!!!

what part did the go-carts fill in ? thought it was boat racing ?

16. Collapse Details

Scotty thanks for the reply and skaterdave I believe it is a 3 year contract but dont quote me on that.I'm sure smitty can give the solid answer

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    2 year contract, and we are working on funding for 2011 as we speak so everything is looking good. The success of this years show will dictate alot of the funding for next year so send your emails to Versus

18. Collapse Details

AS a result of the TV, we are already being contacted by potential sponsors. One of which will be signed this week. Nice change from trying to contact them. TV is where the money will come from. Tell everyone you know to turn on the TV. Traction is what we need. Thanks Scotty B.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

19. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I was around when the negotiations were being formed for the t.v. series ,,and at that time there were 3 people who were going to put up the funds,,As time went on, 2 were nowhere to be found ,,so I thank Scotty B and the whole Geico team for bitting the bullet and making happen ,what they said would happen ,,,this was a serious undertaking and a big piece of their racing buget,,,thanks again..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

20. Collapse Details

Does anybody know if the shows can be viewed elsewhere after they are aired on versus?