Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

2. All run the same hulls and exact same boats...I watch a number of IROC races over the years...and that stuck in my mind...lets race and leave it to the driver and throttlemen...
    3. Find a hull manufacture that is 100% onboard...the publisity they will get will be like no other.
    4. Find a engine sponsor that would also back the Series and offer money to the racers while we promoted there engines and open there munufacture to a whole new line of boat owners...
    5. Make the boat, race on Sat and take the family on the rest of the week even to go out in it and watch the races on Sunday with the family.

With all this in mind have you decided how you are going to due lane position?
    Will it be like it is now in the opa where they are drawn or will it be like iroc racing...What i mean is go run two laps before the race and take the best times and place the boats accordingly...Just a thought!!!

I am also on board for help next year at the mich races, as long as it does not conflict with running with the konrad boat....Keep us posted on the progress off the first joker boat....
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    To date, we have 4 teams that are serious about joining the Series with over 6 others that have called me and/or emailed me showing interest...a lot of them I know personally and I would be honor to have them involved in the Series. It is great to have this much interest in a new Racing Series even in todays times, The real take off point will be when interested racers will see 4 to 5 boats racing deck to deck on the water and be able to see first hand on the competition and potental of a Series of this type. But by putting up a big contingency purse for the first 5 teams, I feel it will give us the teams we need to debut the Series in a faster time period.

Today...along with the talks with the engines manufactures, I have now move the negotiations to some smaller things as guages, battery box's, steering wheels, seats, even down to the hoses and fittings....the less we have to pay for these parts today and in the furture the lower the cost will be for the racers and in return there companys will be tie directly into the Series and we can promote them on a larger bases being that everyone of our teams will be using there equipment.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nocigarette View Post
    2. All run the same hulls and exact same boats...I watch a number of IROC races over the years...and that stuck in my mind...lets race and leave it to the driver and throttlemen...
    3. Find a hull manufacture that is 100% onboard...the publisity they will get will be like no other.
    4. Find a engine sponsor that would also back the Series and offer money to the racers while we promoted there engines and open there munufacture to a whole new line of boat owners...
    5. Make the boat, race on Sat and take the family on the rest of the week even to go out in it and watch the races on Sunday with the family.

With all this in mind have you decided how you are going to due lane position?
    Will it be like it is now in the opa where they are drawn or will it be like iroc racing...What i mean is go run two laps before the race and take the best times and place the boats accordingly...Just a thought!!!

I am also on board for help next year at the mich races, as long as it does not conflict with running with the konrad boat....Keep us posted on the progress off the first joker boat....
    Right now becuase we don't know for sure of what kind of time period we would get on a Saturday..the thinking is for the first start of the year to draw for positions in the 1st drivers meeting of the year:

1. It will be on a 2 race format for that day. The first race of appox. 6 laps on a 3 mile course. At the completion of the first race to return to the milling circle and the last place team in that finish will be on the pole ( the inside lane) and the 1st place team on the far outside lane...at the completion of the second race the total points of both races will be tallied up and a winner will be picked...in case of a tie the fastest time completing in both races will win. The reason for 2 races is, We notice as a race gose on and there is some domination the feild begines to spread out...even with same hulls and speeds there will be teams that are better then others...so by having 2 races the gaps between the 1st place race team and the last place race team will be a lot closer and will make for a better show...also if you find yourself making a mistake on the course and you end up in the back of the pack...your day is not over...you still have a second race and you will be in or closer to the pole position.
    2. We have raced in F1 with over 22 boats in a streight line accross and it worked fine along with F2 doing the same...so we will keep that starting format.

We can change any type of start positions once the Series has started that will improve the racing and fairness...

4. Collapse Details

This is going to be great gino!!!!...I cant wait....
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

5. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Very nice Gino. Great job.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

6. Collapse Details

I'm close to the compleation on the Rule book for the Series, any interested teams that want to share any input towards the rules feel free to email me or even voice on here....I'm trying to get as much input as possible to touch on every base we can...but at the same time keeping it simple...no gray area's.

I'm also working on tying the Coast Guard into the Series.

Thanks again for all the possitive comments

7. Collapse Details

The race numbers and associate sponsors will be all set up on evey boat like this:
    The sponsors will run down along the race number...I have a company on board that will print all Series sponsors and logo's on one big sticker and the engine sponsor at the stern of the boat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SERIES RACE #S.bmp   RACE SERIES LOGOS.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Looks like a #6 drive!
    Rich Smith
    Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

9. Collapse Details

This is the type of racing I miss.
    This is good stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post

After the first boat is done and have all messurements on everything and parts...I then can actually cut all hoses, wiring and order all parts to be in one kit/box to be rigged...
    If I could help out on this end of things, I gladly volunteer my services.
    This is what I do - sourcing and procurement.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    This is what I do - sourcing and procurement.

when you get down to the bottom line, thats a pirates job description,... AARRGGGGHHHHH!!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sbracing View Post
    Looks like a #6 drive!
    YEAP....Threw that in there....good catch...but we will only be running a Bravo....

I'm making a list of all the rigging parts and for what companys to approch for assistance and sponsorship...I'm trying to order as many parts threw one company so they can benifit by getting the most business and in return give them some great exposure....plus and this is looking into the furture...with us all using the same equipment ie. gauges, batterys, fittings ect. we maybe able to put a parts truck together with one of these companys at the race sites....

12. Collapse Details

Great job Gino. Keep moving along.

13. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I'm close to the compleation on the Rule book for the Series, any interested teams that want to share any input towards the rules feel free to email me or even voice on here....I'm trying to get as much input as possible to touch on every base we can...but at the same time keeping it simple...no gray area's.

I'm also working on tying the Coast Guard into the Series.

Thanks again for all the possitive comments
    Gino,
    I feel the boats should have dry exhaust.They need to sound good...like raceboats; not pleasure boats.It is the one thing that I thought that was missing in the factory classes.The noise factor is definately a major part of the spectator appeal of our sport.There is nothing more exciting than the feedback from the engine as the throttleman is on and off the gas in rough water.One other point...race as much as possible in the ocean!

Looking forward to seeing this class develope.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 1waterboy1 View Post
    Gino,
    I feel the boats should have dry exhaust.They need to sound good...like raceboats; not pleasure boats.It is the one thing that I thought that was missing in the factory classes.The noise factor is definately a major part of the spectator appeal of our sport.There is nothing more exciting than the feedback from the engine as the throttleman is on and off the gas in rough water.One other point...race as much as possible in the ocean!

Looking forward to seeing this class develope.
    Spoken like a true racer.....your the 4th guy to suggest dry pipes...I agree with you....having 20+ boats with some big noise would be cool to see and hear....

on the Ocean races...I like the ocean races myself...And Smittys has open his arms to us to his sites....My thinking is if we can do a 6 race season and have a bigger pay out we may have owners that can do all 6 races...vice run a 8 + race season....being that OPA has a half calm water and half ruff water it would be a good mix....

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Gino , can you give us a current list of teams committed to race this series......
    Ryan Beckley

16. Collapse Details

Contributor
    Very cool. From a spectator perspective, congrats and good luck on a great idea.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Gino , can you give us a current list of teams committed to race this series......
    Ryan, I'm sure you already know a few...if they want they can come on here and post there names...

Some have told me...just give me the green light and I'm in.....

I will post that I will be building the first one....and Brian H said he will also put a team together and I don't think he would mind me posting it....as far as the rest...I would think they will e-mail you or post on here if they want....
    I will start asking owners as I talk to them if I could post a running list of owners that are willing to committ and a list of interested owners....

Personally....we all know that some people will try to interfear in someway...its sad but true...
    Its happend in every new Org or competing Orgs....while this is not a new Org...some will try....

Its a good question though, so other interested racers can see who is getting involved....you are more then welcome to call me about any detailed info. or input...you have been around for a long time in this sport...and you have helped me over the years even jumped in to throttled for me....so any insite from you I will take to heart.....

The fondation I have been working on is the first 5 teams....the ones I have been in contact with we all know each other and are great compeditors...

The 1st hull is alreay done....the only thing for me to do is finilize the engine sponsor and make sure all the parts and rigging can be done for under 50k with all the sponsorship packages together....we will only be able to put out approx. 1 hull every 8 weeks and then another 2 weeks to have it all rigged...so once I pull the trigger on the first hull and start rigging it...my plan is for one of the committed owners will step in for the next hull....I think that will be the turning point to see how quickly this will take off.....and we will see who is really the next owner...if I have to and there are not enough boats in the Series by May...I will run it in Class 6 till we have enough boats to run our own race....and pay the other owners in the Series the Contingency money for there investemnet into it per race till we have our own...

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    I wish nothing but the best for this group as a great entry level class. I think the more real names you show, the more will get involved. I am not trying to start any trouble, and doubt anyone else will either. But we've all heard this same thing before when Brian started the ORL and everyone flaked out...... If you show people a real list with real COMMITTED names you will be better off.....

1- Gino Marronne
    2- Brian Hollis
    3-
    4-
    5-
    6-
    7-
    9-
    10-
    Ryan Beckley

19. Collapse Details

5- Eddie Simmons, strong possibility

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    I wish nothing but the best for this group as a great entry level class. I think the more real names you show, the more will get involved. I am not trying to start any trouble, and doubt anyone else will either. But we've all heard this same thing before when Brian started the ORL and everyone flaked out...... If you show people a real list with real COMMITTED names you will be better off.....

1- Gino Marronne
    2- Brian Hollis
    3-
    4-
    5-
    6-
    7-
    9-
    10-
    Ryan...I know your not starting crap and I like the idea of letting people know...it was my bust for not asking if it was OK in the beginning...

When Brian H was trying to start ORL I was on board with him.....the only problem was he could not get the current F1 owners to committ....and I looked at that and what he tried...and I commend him for the time, money and effert that he made to bring it back....thats why I feel for it to work...I'm going to have to show the owners and make the first investment....and also pay the first teams to make the investent....
    I'm doing this becuase a lot of racers said if we had a class like this they would race in it....
    Well...I'm taking that and taking what I feel would help even more by going out and getting sponsors to invest also in the Series....
    I will spend the money, time and effort to put it together, it will be a Series that will be ready to grow and be one of the least inexpensive investment to make to get into Offshore racing ....it will be up to racers and potental racers to make the move into it.....