Thread: Winter Projects

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

The only gauge I ever watch is my fuel gauge getting lower and lower.
    With my keen sense of hearing, I can tell when something is not running right, I don't need no stinkin gauges to tell me that.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Whackas View Post
    With my keen sense of hearing, I can tell when something is not running right, I don't need no stinkin gauges to tell me that.

Yea, like the sound of the broken rods knocking the pan off the bottom of the motor? Good save!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE View Post
    Yea, like the sound of the broken rods knocking the pan off the bottom of the motor? Good save!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Whackas View Post
    Poor ole stump can't catch a break

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I plan to do this. Warning buzzer is nice, led warning lights are cool, but would like to tap into the ignition
    , so that in the event of oil pressure loss, or fuel psi loss, the ignition cuts out. I'm pretty anal about watching gauges, but there's always that time when you are in rough water running hard and you are watching the water. Merc does this on their new stuff don't they?

Not for sure but I think the merc motors will just go into some kind of limp mode. Personally I would rather have a warning system rather than a complete shut down. Make sure you have adequate fuel supply to maintain 8 PSI at WOT and set the warning to come on at 5 PSI, which gives you some cushion. For oil pressure have the warning come on at 15 PSI or preferrably somehwere below what the pressure is at idle with the engine hot. On my boat I don't really want the engine to shut off while turning 6700 RPM at 125 MPH. I just don't like the idea of that!

6. Collapse Details

Not for sure but I think the merc motors will just go into some kind of limp mode. Personally I would rather have a warning system rather than a complete shut down. Make sure you have adequate fuel supply to maintain 8 PSI at WOT and set the warning to come on at 5 PSI, which gives you some cushion. For oil pressure have the warning come on at 15 PSI or preferrably somehwere below what the pressure is at idle with the engine hot. On my boat I don't really want the engine to shut off while turning 6700 RPM at 125 MPH. I just don't like the idea of that!
    I hear ya on the safety part, especially in your ride!

7. Collapse Details

Just got back from WETTE VETTE's dad's shop tonight. We were able to get the valve covers installed + a few other odds and ends. Back tomorrow to start installing accessories etc....I listed a few pics. for you. Craig is also helping a friend build a 496 per the pics. below....he is an awesome engine builder and Supervisor as the pic. shows below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engines 1.jpg   Engines 2.jpg   Engines 3.jpg  

Engines 4.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Engines lookin good!!! Im sure with Craig's help you'll be running good too. Keep us updated...

9. Collapse Details

Engines lookin good!!! Im sure with Craig's help you'll be running good too. Keep us updated...
    Thanks Joe....I got the water necks put on today as well as the temp. senders etc. Hopefully next weekend we can get the MSD installed as well as start bolting up accessories and the headers.

10. Collapse Details

Ordered up my -2 shorty cases on Friday. Just about time to start thinking SPRING...
    Hoping to get one more weekend on the sleds...

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Just got back from WETTE VETTE's dad's shop tonight. We were able to get the valve covers installed + a few other odds and ends. Back tomorrow to start installing accessories etc....I listed a few pics. for you. Craig is also helping a friend build a 496 per the pics. below....he is an awesome engine builder and Supervisor as the pic. shows below.
    I like these type of projects! Its fun spending someone else's money for a change. Not cool when the supervisor accidently slices his hand open with a razor though.

12. Collapse Details

Not cool when the supervisor accidently slices his hand open with a razor though.[/QUOTE]

This is how it went.....

Me: Hey Craig why don't you put that in the vise so you don't slice your hand open with that razor blade

Craig: I'll be fine.....slice

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Not cool when the supervisor accidently slices his hand open with a razor though.
    This is how it went.....

Me: Hey Craig why don't you put that in the vise so you don't slice your hand open with that razor blade

Craig: I'll be fine.....slice[/QUOTE]

LOL! That's pretty accurate. Oh well a quick trip into the house, a little rubbing alcohol and some super glue and it was back to work.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Ordered up my -2 shorty cases on Friday. Just about time to start thinking SPRING...
    Hoping to get one more weekend on the sleds...
    Nice! My new gauges should be here tomorrow. Today I got to go thru some of the wiring issues i never got around to last year with the boat. Got my Cabin lights back working like factory. Never knew how many lights were actually in the cabin! Lots of Flourescents. Got stereo wired how the factory did it. Someone really botched up some of the wiring..Distributors should be back from MSD from getting rebuilt. Work is gettin done..

15. Collapse Details

Joe, we kind of think if you would do less avatar work at the shop and more cosmetics, you will be ready to roll in no time. LOL Cant wait to see the dash work and interior mods!!!

16. Collapse Details

Well I am getting a little bit closer....all that is left is to make the MSD plug wires, install the distributors, fabricate brackets for the MSD ignition boxes and wire it all up.

On a side note the 496 is finished and on it's way into the boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engines 11A.jpg   Engines 12A.jpg   Engines 13A.jpg  

Last edited by SC288; 03-06-2011 at 09:35 PM.

17. Collapse Details

Nice! My new gauges should be here tomorrow. Today I got to go thru some of the wiring issues i never got around to last year with the boat. Got my Cabin lights back working like factory. Never knew how many lights were actually in the cabin! Lots of Flourescents. Got stereo wired how the factory did it. Someone really botched up some of the wiring..Distributors should be back from MSD from getting rebuilt. Work is gettin done..
    Now all you have to do is fab up a gauge cluster out of some lexan and you'll be solid!!!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Now all you have to do is fab up a gauge cluster out of some lexan and you'll be solid!!!
    Pulled drives this weekend. Wanted to inspect u joints, paint, grease splines, and reinstall. Had my carpenter friend build me some sweet drive stands. They roll right under the drive, unbolt drive, roll stand back with drive on it. Reinstall same way. No lifting necessary! Which is nice, these speedmasters weigh a ton!

19. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0513.jpg   IMAG0502.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Any luck yet on the dash parts yet???