1. Collapse Details
    Paint over powdercoat?
    I have a powdercoated equipment trailer that has a less than perfect finish. I was originally going to fog the entire underside with Herculiner until their tech support dept. told me to not waste my time as it wouldnt stick very well. Any suggestions what sort of heavy paint, or undercoating that I could use with minimal prep work?

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Have you considered powdercoating it again?

3. Collapse Details

Not really, its a brand new trailer. I'm just looking for a little added protection.

Im going to give the Rustoleum 9100 system a shot. Their tech support people told me it would adhere just fine.

4. Collapse Details

The Co. I work for does powdercoat, and I have to admit, we do it pretty Mickey Moose.
    It all depends on how the original material was prepped, and how thick of a coat they put on.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

5. Collapse Details

If the Rustoleum will adhere like the techs say It will be fine. I used it in my bilge and you cant chip it with a hammer. I also threw the stiring stick in a solvent tank for a week, still came out hard as a rock.

6. Collapse Details

I have been down this road many times before. Trailer companies do a horse sqeeze job of painting or powdercoating anything. I bought a Brand new Haulmark enclosed trailer and jacked it way up in the air, set it on stands and red Scotchbrited the complete bottom. Then sprayed two cases of 3m autobody undercoat underneath. Took about a complete day. Worked pretty good . I kept the trailer 5 years . I now buy only aluminum trailers because I am tired of painting the topsides .. Jeff Wurl