Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    I thought spec. class was to show-case the latest and greatest technology among boat builders. Than when the older boats became to slow to compete they were dropped into the "P" class.
    I can only speak for the spec class concept we created with the LLC, and that definitely was not what we intended.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    There are several ways to enforce parity by the way. It does not have to be, or maybe even should be, weight.

Prop diameter
    Drive height
    Engine Maximum RPM
    Weight

Of these, weight may be the least effective. Some boats run better with more weight. And, in rough water, almost every boat can use the additional weight to their advantage over the potato chip flyer.

The question once again, does anyone really care about parity?
    We would crane in the SV Class, I always looked at the Fountains weight..it would go in between 8900 and 9200lbs pending water conditions...our weight for the class was 8k...that boat was just as fast with the extra 450 to 650lbs...

Even in the Activator...we ran the boat with 30 gallons of fuel..it was to fast...we then topped it off with 110 gallons..it runs the same speed..and acually is faster becuase it stays hooked up to the water more...so weight my not be the answer...
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

3. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    damn Gino ,,were agree ing again,,,their is so much more to consider ,,surface driving ,props sizes,,,,,I have some pic,s of a boat from Biloxi ,when it was up on the crane,,,and if you look at the same boat now ,???? example ,,if Joan Rivers was to have another face lift ,,her nipples would be on her cheeks,,,

but they have the gaul to cry foul on the 12 yr old boats ,, and now they have convienced some to be content with racing for second ,,and i,ll buy ya a baked potato,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

4. Collapse Details

So Mike A, do you suggest this is the only option left for the older SVL's. Scroll to 6:41 in the attached video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxSW...eature=related

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    So Mike A, do you suggest this is the only option left for the older SVL's. Scroll to 6:41 in the attached video.

Oh, ahahahahahahabwwwaaaaaaahahahahaheheheheheheheohohohohoho. I hope your boat floats.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Oh, ahahahahahahabwwwaaaaaaahahahahaheheheheheheheohohohohoho. I hope your boat floats.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    I believe the Fountain will be in OB along with another new SVL.
    Nice job Ron. You cost Smitty 3-4 extra boats with your pinpoint reporting. So when did the Fountain advise you guys they were not showing up? This always happens. If you had just told the guy to bug off the fleet would have been twice its size with awesome competition. But he either waits to the last minute to tell you he is not coming or he just did not show up. Either way, that's what happens with people like them. And please tell us who the other new boat was supposed to be but did not show up.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Doc is out of the country...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Doc is out of the country...
    So what? He just sits in the passenger seat anyway, right? He could have picked anyone to do that? My questions are when did he know he would not be in OB? And when did he inform OPA?

10. Collapse Details

The B&C Performance Boat was the other. The new owner preferred to not race OB and ship the boat to his home country where he'll get some seat time. Bob Owen was informed. Another is being built. At completion and when it passes tech inspection the first boat will return also for 2011.

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    any pics of the new boat??

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Nice job Ron. You cost Smitty 3-4 extra boats with your pinpoint reporting. So when did the Fountain advise you guys they were not showing up? This always happens. If you had just told the guy to bug off the fleet would have been twice its size with awesome competition. But he either waits to the last minute to tell you he is not coming or he just did not show up. Either way, that's what happens with people like them. And please tell us who the other new boat was supposed to be but did not show up.
    sorry Mike you are wrong ,,Smitty called up the others to come up ,,and the 4 others said they could not race..because ,,the othe 5 were TOO FAST and would ruin the show,,so they voted and told the others not to come or go home ,,

13. Collapse Details

it was a great exhibition race ,,they all got their turn up front ,,what a great show svl has become ,,,,ps the fast boats were told they could not compete ,because ,
    #1 you were too fast
    #2 you did not call in ( to who i don,t know)
    #3 you did not run the exhibition race
    #4 we had to work on our boats and you didn,
    #5 you have fresh equipment ,,,( 12 yr old boat ,,4 yr old engine)
    #6 you lost us ALL OUR CORPORATE SPONSOR
    #7 we had a meeting ,,and forgot to tell you or call you before you got here..but we knew you were comming.
    so now we enter the new generation of ,,I guess you call it racing,,with assigned positions,,

so here we are 5 boats want to go racing ,,and 4 want to go into show business,,
    good luck to and be safe,,

14. Collapse Details

well the line is in the sand between the

FAST AND THE FURIOUS ,,LOLOL hhmmmm sounds like a NEW SHOW ,,,

15. Collapse Details

what the heck is this about to fast ?? explain please wow
    Last edited by boatme; 10-17-2010 at 11:54 AM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    sorry Mike you are wrong ,,Smitty called up the others to come up ,,and the 4 others said they could not race..because ,,the othe 5 were TOO FAST and would ruin the show,,so they voted and told the others not to come or go home ,,
    just curious George..what 4 others? You and Steve. who else? If your gonna come on here, whine and expect others to feel bad for you, please tell the whole story. Not just what you want them to know.

You did not show up for the race. You missed race one and now Smitty calls you and invites you up and tells you the fountain is not there and Fridays race was only an exhibition, which was untrue by the way. Now all of the sudden, you feel you can take the title and whatever purse there is, you want to come race. Hmmm, sounds selfish to me. But then again its was always about you anyway. Why should we expect anything different.

17. Collapse Details

BRUCE ,,,all,s they had to do was call me and ask,, they knew i was comming they all have my number,,and i have always been a team player,,, ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK...PERIOD,,

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The B&C Performance Boat was the other. The new owner preferred to not race OB and ship the boat to his home country where he'll get some seat time. Bob Owen was informed. Another is being built. At completion and when it passes tech inspection the first boat will return also for 2011.
    We were looking forward to seeing it. Too bad.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    We were looking forward to seeing it. Too bad.
    There has to be a picture of the completed boat somewhere ? Heard about for months now ,would be nice to see it .

Thanx to whoever posts the pic .

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    BRUCE ,,,all,s they had to do was call me and ask,, they knew i was comming they all have my number,,and i have always been a team player,,, ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK...PERIOD,,
    No....in my opinion, this was your responsibility to make sure the other teams were ok with you coming to race the second race and still qualify for the championship. Regardless of what Smitty told you.

PERIOD!!!