1. Collapse Details
    Spinning in or out?
    Just curious, I have tried my drives both spinning in and out. When I first got my 32 Victory, the shifters were backwards (push forward for reverse and pull back for forward) so I tried switching the props to correct. It just didn't feel right spinning in, so I went back to spinning out. Is is common for different boats to spin either way? Guess I have to switch the cables to correct the shifters.

2. Collapse Details

The higher your drives the bigger difference you feel when you change prop rotations. On most boats props spinning Out will help carry the Nose better.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Spinning out will allow you to use reverse much better.

Spinning out will help prevent the hull from spinning out in a turn.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Victory32 View Post
    Just curious, I have tried my drives both spinning in and out. When I first got my 32 Victory, the shifters were backwards (push forward for reverse and pull back for forward) so I tried switching the props to correct. It just didn't feel right spinning in, so I went back to spinning out. Is is common for different boats to spin either way? Guess I have to switch the cables to correct the shifters.
    Different boats do want different props and spin them in different rotations. FastDonzi is correct about drive height and how that is going to change the attitude of the boat. On your V, spinning them "in" (towards each other) will promote more bow lift, "out" (away from each other) will lift the transom, but could be a bit faster depending on your set up.

Are you running Bravo 1's? Did you add a bit more power than was originally in the boat?

As for Bravo drives, one spins forward, one spins in reverse. To switch your control around, just pull it out and flip sides which the cable ends are mounted to.

I would call Advantage to see what they say runs the best. You will also most likely need to adjust your tie bar in/out depending on if your running them in/out. Just double check your tow to see where you are at. -Eric

Advantage Boats (928)680.2628

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
    www.teaguecustommarine.com
    "We Have Everything But The Water!"

5. Collapse Details

Thanks Eric, I didn't add any power to the boat. The only reason I had the question to begin with was the shifters were backward when I first got the boat. I had a friend tell me to simply switch the props to correct the shifter. Being new to the twin engine setup, I had never even thought of that. Of course, this got me thinking, which way SHUOULD they turn, so I asked. I actually ended up propping up from Bravo 4 blade 26s to 28s to drop the WOT rpms (was 5100, now 4600). I tried them both ways, and liked the spinning out a little better because of the hole shot it gave the boat. The boat has standard 496 mags and runs right around 70. Good enough for me, now.

6. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Could swap the drives too.
    ________