Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Jeff , its to bad that they could not get a better side view pic of the boat when you were even with them to actually see how much running surface was in the water .
    Yea, funny story behind the picture. I was running a big group of boats, I started in the back and worked my way to the front. The pic was taken by the lead boat in a 29' Outlaw. I think they were supprised I was getting ready to make the pass. I stopped and talked to them but that was about it. The next week I saw them again at a different place. I made a couple of them friends on my Facebook page and then yesterday I got tagged in the photo.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    Yea, funny story behind the picture. I was running a big group of boats, I started in the back and worked my way to the front. The pic was taken by the lead boat in a 29' Outlaw. I think they were supprised I was getting ready to make the pass. I stopped and talked to them but that was about it. The next week I saw them again at a different place. I made a couple of them friends on my Facebook page and then yesterday I got tagged in the photo.
    Cool.......... so whats your plans for the future as far as the shingles go .

3. Collapse Details

Cool.......... so whats your plans for the future as far as the shingles go .
    Good question, I will try and get some better pics. I may get rid of the blisters and wet sand the running surface. Most of the blisters are under the bunks, probable due to the wood holding water. If I redo the bottom I may try using some of the plastic type wood for the bunks. Anyone ever tried it?

4. Collapse Details

Good question, I will try and get some better pics. I may get rid of the blisters and wet sand the running surface. Most of the blisters are under the bunks, probable due to the wood holding water. If I redo the bottom I may try using some of the plastic type wood for the bunks. Anyone ever tried it?
    Jeff do you have carpet on the bunks and if so that is most likely the reason why you have some blistering going on .

5. Collapse Details

Jeff do you have carpet on the bunks and if so that is most likely the reason why you have some blistering going on .
    What is the alternative to carpet?

6. Collapse Details

I'm interested in this as well. I lifted my boat off the trailer last week and the same thing, blisters where the bunks hit the hull bottom. What is the alternative to carpet? Thanks.

7. Collapse Details

Hey guy's , that is a very good question and to tell the truth i have seen people not put carpet on there bunks at all because the carpet retains moisture which creates blistering on the bottom of the hull and most of those people who end up not using any carpet are just sealing the wood or bunks with Epoxy .

8. Collapse Details

I always thought the carpet was protecting the gel from getting scratched. But if it gets blisters then that is not good. I used a product when building my house called Azek. It is kind of a fiberglass/plastic material, a wood substitute. Problem is how well will the boat hold up after many boat launches.

9. Collapse Details

What is the alternative to carpet?
    Rack storage

Actually there was a dude on OSO that put some kind of new flooring down in his cockpit, it may be an alternative to bunk carpet, could be an idea.

My main concerns with attempting it would be 1) Attachment to keep it from ripping off and 2) If it just compressed with the weight of the boat and turned into a solid mass.

I'll have to hunt down the link over there.

10. Collapse Details

11. Collapse Details

12. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=insanity;520690]http://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html[/QUOTE Those bunk slides are a marine grade polymer which is a higher quality of Starboard but if they help prevent blistering i would think that just might be a great alternative.

13. Collapse Details

I like the idea. It makes me a little nervous when they tell you not to unhook the strap untill you are in the water. If the strap fails I really do not want to pick up a 4K lb boat off the ramp. I wounder if they are more concerned with PWC and smaller boats or if the big boats will slide off also?

14. Collapse Details

This topic is getting a little off track, maybe now that we are talking about trailor bunks I should start a new thread.
    I posted a thread in the trailor section.
    Last edited by jeffswav; 09-02-2010 at 09:06 PM.