Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Just Delivered, 2011 33' Active Thunder!
    Conratulations to Steve from Wisconsin! His new 33 Active Thunder with Twin Merc 8.2's is a beauty! All of the standard features Active Thunder includes with every boat, along with Silent Choice, Electric head, Simrad Large screen GPS MAP, Galley cooler and an Upgraded Stereo system.
    This is Steve's first twin engine boat, and I was along for the sea trial. Cruises easily at 60+mph, top end 80! Check her out, and visit our factory showroom of pre-owned Active Thunders!

www.dolleroffshore.com/pre_owned_list.asp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PortBowWater.jpg   CockpitAbove1.jpg   galley1.jpg  

awatershot1.jpg   DSC_0265.jpg   oso 5 8.2 2011 acive 33.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Beautiful boat, congrats to the new owner!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Awesome boat.

4. Collapse Details

Congradulations on your sale Doller Marine! Was this your first sale as a new AT dealer? Sharp looking boat.

5. Collapse Details

thanks, but actually that was a factory sale prior to us becoming involved with Active Thunder Boats. I was very impressed by the build process, and Pat's involvement including the delivery.
    I was able to watch the entire process and he does build a real quality boat, and I am also very impressed with the ride with the single step hull design.
    OK, so now let's get another one sold!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Any opinions on the 8.2's?

7. Collapse Details

Nice boat !
    Parabellum FJ²B

8. Collapse Details

Sweet ride. Congrats!

9. Collapse Details

re: Any opinions on the 8.2's?
    The New Mercury Big Block 8.2 is pretty sweet, the boats run well with them, not a real difference in power. Some have reported an increase in midrange power. The exhaust exits higher, so in the case of a 496 replacement there would have to be tailpipe modification. The engine is easier to access the maintenance points, and the aluminum heads lighten the load by 115 lbs despite the larger displacement. The technology is there for it to be a very reliable engine, as well as more fuel efficient. Time will tell

10. Collapse Details

This is the first boat to have this engine setup and Corsa Captain's Call. Plus it has full time mufflers in the tips due to Wisconsin's strict noise laws. It's wicked quiet, and still hauls the mail.

It's on a custom painted aluminum Manning trailer; and really did turn out nice. Congrats Steve aka "509 SC".
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-27-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

11. Collapse Details

wow!..great looking ride...Congrats!!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Doller Offshore View Post
    thanks, but actually that was a factory sale prior to us becoming involved with Active Thunder Boats. I was very impressed by the build process, and Pat's involvement including the delivery.
    I was able to watch the entire process and he does build a real quality boat, and I am also very impressed with the ride with the single step hull design.
    OK, so now let's get another one sold!!!!!
    How is Pat set up to warranty any AT issues that might come up, after the sale? The Mercruiser warranty, of course, is through any Merc dealer. My concern is gelcoat, paint, gauges, controls, upholstery issues, electrical, etc. How does Pat address this warranty segment? Must the boat come back to the factory, or? thanks

13. Collapse Details

Thanks Brian, yes, this is the first AT with the 8.2's, but Sunsation has built a few, single and twin, with great results! Hope to see you in a few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    This is the first boat to have this engine setup and Corsa Captain's Call. Plus it has full time mufflers in the tips due to Wisconsin's strict noise laws. It's wicket quiet, and still hauls the mail.

It's on a custom painted aluminum Manning trailer; and really did turn out nice. Congrats Steve aka "509 SC".

14. Collapse Details

Yes, any Merc dealer can handle their stuff, other issues would be handled on an individual basis, Livorsi warranties the gauges etc. and boat issues would depend on the issue, and location of the boat …Pat would always work with the customer to ensure satisfaction.
    The Active Thunders are definitely “Overbuilt” and have never had any structural issues.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadInjun View Post
    How is Pat set up to warranty any AT issues that might come up, after the sale? The Mercruiser warranty, of course, is through any Merc dealer. My concern is gelcoat, paint, gauges, controls, upholstery issues, electrical, etc. How does Pat address this warranty segment? Must the boat come back to the factory, or? thanks

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Any opinions on the 8.2's?
    Mine run great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16%2030%2010%20052.jpg   16%2030%2010%20021.jpg   Smartcraft_02.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

91.6? That is damn impressive.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
    91.6? That is damn impressive.
    +1

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MattBMiller View Post
    Mine run great!
    Curious as to your setup. 496s ran in the sunny 32 ran 85. You have ITS or something different that helped beacuse 6+ mph for the 8.2s is very impressive! What props? 4 or 5 blades Bravos?

Pat

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveThunder View Post
    Curious as to your setup. 496s ran in the sunny 32 ran 85. You have ITS or something different that helped beacuse 6+ mph for the 8.2s is very impressive! What props? 4 or 5 blades Bravos?

Pat
    Lighweight layup on the deck, poker run cabin, blueprinted bottom, raised X dim, 4 blade 32 Bravo's on bravo X's.

Love the AT by the way!

20. Collapse Details

Matt's boat has more in it that thing goes like no other and was hitting the rev limiters with ease it also got on plane very quick awesome package