1. Collapse Details
    Any landscapers around, trimmer related question?
    In need of a new string trimmer(this is boating related since I need it to trim around the boat trailer). I have always had the cheapy's(weedeater brand), Just cant see spending over $200 for a trimmer to use on my mini south florida lot. I want to get a good one this time, and ran across a company called Tanaka?? I can get what I consider a huge upgrade from the cheapys for a lot less than a Stihl, or Echo($149 after rebate from Amazon). And supposedly these are commercial units(although the one I want is their bottom of the line TCG22EASSLP) with a 7 year consumer/2 year commercial/1 year rental warranty. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

2. Collapse Details

Buy Stihl.. Hell, the 56C is better then low end commercial crap people bring us to fix..

3. Collapse Details

Buy a Stihl, you wont regret it. We have ran them for years with zero problems. Chances are it will be the last trimmer you will ever have to buy.

I have quite a bit of acerage to trim, a few years ago I bit the bullet and bought an FS 250. Its a fukin monster.

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    pawn shop

5. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    +1 for Stihl
    ________

6. Collapse Details

Stihl or Echo, and nothing else. My Echo is 12 yeard old and still runs like a champ on the original spark plug!

7. Collapse Details

Stihl, shindawa, and redmax a distant 3rd.

Stihl fs90 is 300 dollars msrp.

Shindawa makes a great trimmer, and it may be a slightly better option since it is still a 2 stroke. Some people love the redmax, others hate it. But thats another option. Don't buy echo, huskavarna, ect from lowes/home depot. These are not the same as the commercial units.

8. Collapse Details

Small florida home/lot? Just get an electric at Homo Depot or Lowes. I've had it with gas. Too many problems. Electric always starts. Be it rechargable battery version, or a cord version. Now, if you have multiple properties to wack every week, thats a horse of a different color.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadInjun View Post
    Small florida home/lot? Just get an electric at Homo Depot or Lowes. I've had it with gas. Too many problems. Electric always starts. Be it rechargable battery version, or a cord version. Now, if you have multiple properties to wack every week, thats a horse of a different color.
    Well,

I decided to cheap out, and get the same model weedeater that lasted me 7 years last time, must be a decent unit if it lasted me 7 years, and they still make the same exact model#.