1. Collapse Details
    Old School real offshore
    I'm in the middle of booking flights for a trip. Diving and possible fishing in the Turks And Caicos Islands. Also checking out condos or medium priced houses. Reasonable Caribbean housing prices and because its not as popular as other places in the region, low crime. Makes living a house empty during the summer months fairly safe. Despite Miami being just over 500 miles away, trips for poker runs, etcetera is do able. Or closer exploration, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, and even Cuba is close enough to be reasonable weekend trips, etcetera. Think the DR is about 180 miles and its pretty open water in places. A cabin, decent stock reliable power and good range cruise speed. Besides a Top Gun, or other mid eighties to 1995 say Cigarette. Just an example of possible real life scenario.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=290

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29278-en.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32673-en.html

Sorry about another sites classifieds. But thats the range I'm thinking for cruising the Caribbean island hopping to hitting Florida for poker runs, etcetera. So what else besides going up to Apache is good when you can easily encounter rough real offshore conditions? Old school only!

2. Collapse Details

In my opinion this is a real cool old school ride that is ultra RARE and priced low enough that new power wouldn't break the bank and you would have a hell of a wave crusher, I don't know the seller but if you call the factory and speak to Pepe I'm sure he can give you all the details...
    http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1803764308.html
    AKA - "Pantera24" on OSO
    1981 Pantera Sport 24' "FactorX"

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Talk to Steve David about his trips in his Black Thunder to the islands. I do not believe there are a lot of better options. His triple engine 46 ran over 90 and as he said, (not I, I wasn't there), when the Gulf Stream got rough, the Cigs would tuck in behind him and follow him ......

Anyway, they are great speedy condos.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

The Pantera is a sweet deal. Have two flight options and both stop over in Miami. Have to check on the Sat arrival and departure.

Primary objective is to get some of the older less talked about wave crushers. Black Thunder another good option. Hopefully older semi bum brother pays back his new condo down payment loan on the 28th. Toned down the TX-19 jet build. Going used engine and pump, seats, etcetera. Budget hopefully into $90K.

5. Collapse Details

Tanks Topgun is what i call in perfect to nearly perfect condition and a GREAT canidate for what you are looking for.That Pantera seem like a great deal as well, might be worth looking at it...good luck in your search

6. Collapse Details

Tanks Top Gun would be my choice. I've seen it @ the SCOPE run & it is awesome

7. Collapse Details

Top of budget though. Also seeing what else for reasonable money is out that can handle some seas, open ocean crossings, besides Cigarette.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Top of budget though. Also seeing what else for reasonable money is out that can handle some seas, open ocean crossings, besides Cigarette.
    Yea but you have to keep in mind you are getting top of the line stuff and it has been maintain with a open check book. Also Tanks has speedmasters not bravo or TRS which is a BIG plus on these boats especilly for the gulfstream just my 002

9. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    There is a really clean 47 foot Apache, without power available.

Call the Outerlimits factory. They took it on trade and the owner kept his twin engines for the new boat (Stellings)

The boat is a 10 plus. It had a major resto just a year or so ago.
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

10. Collapse Details

How about this one? IT would definitely be on my short list if I was looking in the price range. He is a member here too.
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...ge=out&id=1068

11. Collapse Details

The Apache's both a sweet. But both are no power, so they'd kill the budget. 47 needs lot's of HP and torque. Reliability and higher octane fuels on TCI and Caribbean not easily available on the water. Either would be nice though. A third Apache option popped up for sale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXLoY4_U1YI

12. Collapse Details

That is a bad azz boat.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    I have a Sutphen in the classifieds that's awesome & can handle almost any water you through at it....$32,500. Put the leftover $ in the bank.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JnT View Post
    That is a bad azz boat.
    Very bad azz.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
    I have a Sutphen in the classifieds that's awesome & can handle almost any water you through at it....$32,500. Put the leftover $ in the bank.
    Already saw it. Sutphen are another good choice. Small cabin sleep capable, sorta want/need.

15. Collapse Details

My father-in-law lives and works on Grand Turk. Great place. Property was cheap a few years ago. It's gone up now. With the right go-fast you could earn some coin smuggling Haitians in

16. Collapse Details

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiOffshore View Post
    In my opinion this is a real cool old school ride that is ultra RARE and priced low enough that new power wouldn't break the bank and you would have a hell of a wave crusher, I don't know the seller but if you call the factory and speak to Pepe I'm sure he can give you all the details...
    http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1803764308.html
    What mold is this from? an aronow?