1. Collapse Details
    An open question for Typhoon, P1 USA and Earthwerks
    Charter Member / Competitor
    Since Mike A. is yesterday's news and you guys act like you have a plan to grow SVL and P1 can you please share it with us simpletons?

SVL had a modest but still difficult to achieve plan. You guys seem to have to something bigger and better so please explain in detail.

PS: Wait and see is not a plan.
    Steve

2. Collapse Details

I’ve got a couple of questions:
    Does this plan include opening the propulsion package up to the HP/Weight ratio like P1 has in Europe?
    If so how will the power be tested?
    Once the power to weight ratio is set, will boats be re-accessed during the year if they are able to run more MPH than other boats with similar observed power to weight ratios?

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Still waiting.
    Steve

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    PS: Complain and do nothing is not a plan either. Whats your plan? Waiting.
    My plan is assisting you guys and gals anyway we can.....

Everyone else's should be too......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    PS: Complain and do nothing is not a plan either. Whats your plan? Waiting.
    Psssst. Randy, yo Randy, Miklos already invested a fortune in time and money CREATING THE SVL CLASS, WRITING THE RULES, DEVELOPING THE TECH PROCEDURES, AND WORKING ON A BUSINESS PLAN THAT PRODUCED GENERAL MOTORS AS THE TITLE SPONSOR, EXTRA PRIZE MONEY AND ADDITIONAL SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH WELL PRODUCED TECH TV DEATURES. He is not trying to sell people on a new concept like P1 USA is doing now, nor is he complaining about anything, although he certainly would have the right to given how some people have glommed on to his work and now are trying to lay claim to it as though they had something to do with it.

So, if some minimal brain power was applied to the current situation (which might require removal of one's head from one's tuchus), you guys might actually endeavor to answer his question rather than demanding more from him. For cripes sake, he has already done enough FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON RACING IN SVL RIGHT NOW.

It is Martin's business right? Well, he should articulate what his business plan is in short, plain English. Obviously the P1 business model did not work in Europe. So what is the plan here? How does P1 USA intend to make money? Does it have a sponsorship plan? Does it have any sponsors now? TV? Future events?

If it is nothing but flowery BS and empty promises of great things to come, then shouldn't you all demand answers before turning your product over to unproven people with questionable track records? If the allure of a few bucks for each event is of paramount importance then ok, but that is the same cruddy thing that has always ruined good things in this sport.

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    One of the most funny things about all of this discussion, the SVL group worked together over the last season and off season to put a product out there that would attract attention, coverage, and sponsorship.

They succeeded in a very prominant way, (see the threads and posts).....

Now, all of the speculation, end of the world stuff is coming from all of us who had no input or knowledge during the entire process. And we have the courage to talk about how screwed up it is and everything that should be done to fix it.

We kind of have the same thing going with Martin and USA P1.

Sometimes I look at what I've written and chuckle about what all of the true movers in SVL and P1 think of all this. They are probably laughing out loud a lot.

Especially when I notice they are mostly silent, but probably talking together through all of this........

To all, best of luck, looking forward to seeing all of you starting tomorrow. I will probably be helping Jimbo deliver Margaritas......

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    One of the most funny things about all of this discussion, the SVL group worked together over the last season and off season to put a product out there that would attract attention, coverage, and sponsorship.

They succeeded in a very prominant way, (see the threads and posts).....

Now, all of the speculation, end of the world stuff is coming from all of us who had no input or knowledge during the entire process. And we have the courage to talk about how screwed up it is and everything that should be done to fix it.

We kind of have the same thing going with Martin and USA P1.

Sometimes I look at what I've written and chuckle about what all of the true movers in SVL and P1 think of all this. They are probably laughing out loud a lot.

Especially when I notice they are mostly silent, but probably talking together through all of this........

To all, best of luck, looking forward to seeing all of you starting tomorrow. I will probably be helping Jimbo deliver Margaritas......
    NnnnnyyyyyyIIIIII, don't think they are laughing, nor do I think their silence shows confidence. More likely they are asking themselves what to do when those with knowledge and experience show those whose investments and money are ACTUALLY at stake and thus have the most to lose, that the emperor has no clothes.

And Rat, be careful making assumptions about who has what in the game in terms of money and time putting the so-called product together. You may want to ask "Jimbo" while you guys are putting away the Margaritas tomorrow.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    NnnnnyyyyyyIIIIII, don't think they are laughing, nor do I think their silence shows confidence. More likely they are asking themselves what to do when those with knowledge and experience show those whose investments and money are ACTUALLY at stake and thus have the most to lose, that the emperor has no clothes.

And Rat, be careful making assumptions about who has what in the game in terms of money and time putting the so-called product together. You may want to ask "Jimbo" while you guys are putting away the Margaritas tomorrow.
    It may come up......

You gonna be around???

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    It may come up......

You gonna be around???
    Nope. Gotta a new boat arriving tomorrow and I intend to play with it for the next four days! Gonna put my 75 year old Bad Ass Pops in the driver's seat and burn some fuel. Have fun and everyone be safe. My final piece of advice to the SVL OWNERS - adopt a set of written rules and lock 'em in for three years and do it this weekend.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Nope. Gotta a new boat arriving tomorrow and I intend to play with it for the next four days! Gonna put my 75 year old Bad Ass Pops in the driver's seat and burn some fuel. Have fun and everyone be safe. My final piece of advice to the SVL OWNERS - adopt a set of written rules and lock 'em in for three years and do it this weekend.
    Have a great time. Hopefully I'll ahve a good connection at the hotel, and a little time for updates and photos.....