Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DAREDEVIL IS DONE !!!!!!!!!!
    Banned
    Ok, here i go...partners backed out and i will not be racing this year...at least not soon !!!!!!

People wanted to send money but like all of the people so far nobody follows thru.

Gives me more time to do things and i will go from there !!

Thanks

2. Collapse Details

Sorry to hear that, but Welcome to the Club

maybe we'll just watch this year

3. Collapse Details

i feel ya man the doctor shut me down for at least a year so i sold the tunnel boat so i didn't have to look at it and wonder how i was going to get a motor for it

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by afr View Post
    i feel ya man the doctor shut me down for at least a year so i sold the tunnel boat so i didn't have to look at it and wonder how i was going to get a motor for it
    I just lowered the price on mine,,,got a new boat coming and just don't know how to do all this with people backing out all the time ...

So a time out, will give me time to regroup...BUT I BE BACK.....

5. Collapse Details

Well, If I was tying to invest in sponsorship/racing and found out it was for sale, I might get a bit nervous about my investment too....

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=973
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Well, If I was tying to invest in sponsorship/racing and found out it was for sale, I might get a bit nervous about my investment too....

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=973
    SALE, maybe becasue there is a new boat on the way ??

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    just don't know how to do all this with people backing out all the time ...
    I prefer independence. I'd rather be my own reason that something didn't happen for me than having others let me down.

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I prefer independence. I'd rather be my own reason that something didn't happen for me than having others let me down.
    Thats u ...maybe i should think about that..and just not race ?
    But hey..why are they called Sponsors then ??

9. Collapse Details

Don't rolleyes at me Scott, you must have wanted to talk about it or you wouldn't have posted a thread.

I think that if others are going to let you down you should take steps to gain independence.

If you are totally dependent on others, I don't know what to tell you other than it comes with the territory when they let you down. Plenty of people racing plenty of things. Plenty of them have sponsors.

Weren't you national champion recently?

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Don't rolleyes at me Scott, you must have wanted to talk about it or you wouldn't have posted a thread.

I think that if others are going to let you down you should take steps to gain independence.

If you are totally dependent on others, I don't know what to tell you other than it comes with the territory when they let you down. Plenty of people racing plenty of things. Plenty of them have sponsors.

Weren't you national champion recently?
    I 100% agree...but doing it on my own is kind of what i did..but there are always 2 people in the boat but only me taking care of it ...see my point ?!

Ans yes, 2008 national and Florida champion ...cost 50 K to race a full season.....

Independence is what i have...thats why i lay low for now untill somebody wants to jump in and help pay for all this chit...got a new boat coming so for now..i will just try to make the best out of it ..but it will not be racing..because i don't have the money for it !!!
    Its not like u take your boat out on the lake and have a couple of beers..there is a little more cost involved then that..+ u brake a lot more in a race then u would pleasure boating..thats just fact..some people don't wanna relize it tho !!

11. Collapse Details

I wouldn't know. I buy them broken just to make sure I have something to fix.

Just seems like it is making you an unhappy guy these days, relying on other people and getting let down.

I can't afford to race if I wanted to, so I have to make up for all that wear and tear by owning "classics"

12. Collapse Details

Bummer, sorry to hear this.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    From the post count thread a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    You can't make money or progress making excuses...
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    How would u know..did u ever try ..lololol

works for me ..hahaha
    I guess it didn't work out that well after all.

Maybe a different course of action would prove helpful.

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I guess it didn't work out that well after all.

Maybe a different course of action would prove helpful.
    That's 2 different things..but yes ..u may be correct !!!!!

But if partners/sponsors, tell u the check is in the mail.( that's for racing ) the other thing is life and i can't complain about life...i just feel like i am not gonna put all MY money ( only ) in to the racing all the time !!

That's what i am tired of.

I could do it ..but then i would have to sacrifice a lot of my personal habits..and i will not do that , even tho i love the sport !!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quit whining and quit racing if you cannot afford the expense.

16. Collapse Details

Everything is paid out of pocket, any sponsor money is a bonus.. I would have never even bought a boat and started racing if I thought I would need to count on someone else paying the tab.

But with that said my boat is under construction and I'll be racing with PFE this summer.

2011 I'll be back in the cat, or maybe something bigger.. no rush

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    Everything is paid out of pocket, any sponsor money is a bonus.. I would have never even bought a boat and started racing if I thought I would need to count on someone else paying the tab.

But with that said my boat is under construction and I'll be racing with PFE this summer.

2011 I'll be back in the cat, or maybe something bigger.. no rush
    I agree, but since the econimy went a little down..i did count on sponsors that made promisses and so on...that's why i am stoping now and taking a break...but the ones that do race know its tuff,,,,it worse then a drug adiction..getting the neddle out of the arm hurts most !!!!!

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    Quit whining and quit racing if you cannot afford the expense.
    Nice talk there !!!!

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Daredevil This may be my last dig on you, cause you drive me nuts readin this crap. I would first like to say that I sincerely appreciate all the opportunities given to me in racing, by several people. Of course most recently and in a big way Jim Simmons. Thank You. I too haven't been able to race last year due to money issues, i have none, But if your always count on sponsors to support your habit you either need to get better at getting sponsors or keep you mouth ( and typing Fingers ) shut until you get the deal done. Selling your boat at the same time, come on. Plus anyone that reads any of these forums is tired of your "look at me look at me, or sorry" routine. And quit bringin up a 2008 national Championship, The titles that people throw around is ridiculous. I know what you'll say if some one wanted to race me and get that title they could. Well I tried but your boat was broke all the time. Just as another great one spent a lot of time in 06 bragging wins, then when they finally raced someone it wasn't so easy. I am not taking anything away from his great achievements but am proud to say I was part of the boat that did the winning that year.

20. Collapse Details

You Fuc$ing German Rat Ba$tard, you wanna race...go out and DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO RUN THE FUC$ING BOAT BITC$. And I'm telling ya that as nice as I can Scotty........Bitc$!
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather