Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

I went boating 2 weekends ago and my 4 year old was devasted that he didn't get to go. He started boating when he was 6 months old. He is like a little fish now in the water.

2. Collapse Details

thanks for all the replys
    I would NEVER buy a cheapo life vest!!! once you become a parent you realize that there is nothing more important than your kids, they will always come first.

3. Collapse Details

Yeah, the best jacket you can get. Usually Neoprene because it is soft. Also, most of them have collar that holds there little head up. We started taking our boy out at 3 months in the Skater. Mom always holds him and he falls asleep in like 2 minutes................until we hit 120mph

4. Collapse Details

Slap a helmet on him and throw him up front!

5. Collapse Details

How about getting a baby sitter and leaving the two year-old at home on boating days!

Little babies can get seriously hurt on performance boats!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    How about getting a baby sitter and leaving the two year-old at home on boating days!

Sure they can with irresponcible drivers. Being a parent doesn't mean you call a sitter and leave your kid home everytime you want to do something fun. Part of boating is making memories with your family. If my parents called the sitter everytime they went on our boat I probably wouldn't be posting on this site today, maybe I would have taken up a lame hobby like golf. Bottom line, if parents aren't getting there children into boating, where is the next generation of boaters going to come from???

7. Collapse Details

some days yes, he will be home with a sitter. 2yo isn't a little baby though. this kid climbs the walls,furniture,anything he can get to....or not get to. He takes some pretty good spills to and has the bumps and bruises to show for it and that doesn't stop him. If we did all the crazy stuff we catch our kids doing we would be bed ridden for a week. they are tough, not to say I wouldn't be extra,extra,extra, causious and careful when boating with him though. I just want him to enjoy what I enjoy...atleast give him the choice to like it.

8. Collapse Details

Both my girls were on the water with us within the first 6 months of birth. I wouldn't change a thing. Just because one owns a performance boat doesn't mean it has to be full throttle with the kids in it.

I would have rather stayed at home if it meant doing it without them.

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Both my girls were on the water with us within the first 6 months of birth. I wouldn't change a thing. Just because one owns a performance boat doesn't mean it has to be full throttle with the kids in it.

I would have rather stayed at home if it meant doing it without them.

Buck
    Buck you're a smart man....the key is control of your throttle hand...no need to leave the kids home...just act prudently when they are aboard....you can always find a time to run out alone or with a buddy to open it up and thrill yourself.

10. Collapse Details

I had my son out on the boat very young. At the time it was just the 18 Donzi. In that boat we went a little slower as it has a very low freeboard. I always kept him in the back if my wife was with us or on my lap if he and I went out alone. In the Formula he loves it and at 2 most kids muscles are well developed. They just lay back and enjoy the ride. When Michael was in my wifes lap he did not like to go fast. He only likes to go fast when he is with me. I can fit him in my lap perfectly and he can throttle and steer if he wants or I can easily take over if I have to. When he is in my lap he ussually wants to go wide open. I will go fast but only for short times in flat water. Michael is my best proponent for upgrades on the boat because when we are out there all I hear is "faster dady faster!".

Like Buck said yes you go slower for the most part but a day out with the kids is better then any day on the water with out them. You just do different things.

You can tell from the pictures he clearly hates the boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Michael on the Donzi.bmp   Michael fireworks.bmp   Michael sleeping.bmp  

Last edited by Audiofn; 05-13-2010 at 09:14 AM.