Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn, hate it when stuff like that happens.

At least you can still crap....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Resin aint nothin compared to Zep indusrial orange gel degreaser. We use it to clean asphalt off of parts. If left on the skin for any length of time it burns worse than a leaking Zippo in your pocket. One evening I had a 4 inch pressurized hose blow and cover me head to toe with warm AC. On the way home I grabbed a bottle of this degreaser and jumped straight in the shower knowing that this was the only thing besides diesel that was going to cut the stuff I was covered with. Within minutes I relaized just how bad I F'ed up. Id honestly rather roll naked in hot coals than cover myself with that orange stuff again.

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    You have to really know what you're doing when working w/ fiberglass. Here one of my guy's shows the proper way to grind.
    Yup, that cigarette he's smoking just makes the glass dust taste better
    ________

4. Collapse Details

Here is the spot where I sat, after fixing it up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 49.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Resin aint nothin compared to Zep indusrial orange gel degreaser. We use it to clean asphalt off of parts. If left on the skin for any length of time it burns worse than a leaking Zippo in your pocket. One evening I had a 4 inch pressurized hose blow and cover me head to toe with warm AC. On the way home I grabbed a bottle of this degreaser and jumped straight in the shower knowing that this was the only thing besides diesel that was going to cut the stuff I was covered with. Within minutes I relaized just how bad I F'ed up. Id honestly rather roll naked in hot coals than cover myself with that orange stuff again.
    Yea I know what you mean. I'm a warehouser for some chemical companies. Alumnabrite and caustic degreasers don't give you a second chance.

6. Collapse Details

This is a painful thread, chem burns are the absolute worst.

7. Collapse Details

You have to really know what you're doing when working w/ fiberglass. Here one of my guy's shows the proper way to grind.
    Good Lord! Glenn is crazy, you could put a countdown clock next to that guy for the amount of time he is taking off his life in that picture.

8. Collapse Details

I had a buddy with a quart of resin between his legs. He had on shorts. This was in the early 80's so they were short shorts. Lets just say his package was covered in the stuff. We heard some screaming when he was washing that off! I ussually just let the stuff harden and peal it off. Sucks ripping off the hair but it seems to be better then the acetone.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Good Lord! Glenn is crazy, you could put a countdown clock next to that guy for the amount of time he is taking off his life in that picture.
    His current working conditions are much better than his past personal habits. He sees it as rehab - haha.

10. Collapse Details

The funny thing Joker is he will probably out last us all!!! LOL

11. Collapse Details

Midnight Express had a guy that would grind without a mask all day he did that for years,The Egyptians I had welding at the factory would not wear a shield until I forced them.

I had a helper splash hot resin down my back ,the pants and shirt went into the acetone bucket and I finished in my underwear by the door. the front of the shop was very busy with traffic walking and cars both, the people there thought I was nuts.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

12. Collapse Details

Don't let OSHA see him doing that.
    Queen of Bammin'

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    The funny thing Joker is he will probably out last us all!!! LOL
    Yea because you couldn't pay me to do that chit - haha!

14. Collapse Details

Our industry has been one of the most studied and so far if you do not drink the stuff all is well.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

15. Collapse Details

dumb hillbilly .

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Our industry has been one of the most studied and so far if you do not drink the stuff all is well.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

WD-40 works for that and Lestoil.

18. Collapse Details

I had a soap like system for Epoxy cleanup, Rst-5 it came with a heated 35 gallon bath that was kept at 110 F and you dumped in the soap concentrate at $112.00 a pop, pretty neat the way it was setup.

Anyway when talking to the supplier he told me a story about a guy using air pressure to dispense Epoxy from a drum (I have had these Einsteins working for me before)Anyway the poor drum (not being pressure rated)popped and covered the guy from head to his feet with Epoxy resin, They made a quick bath out of plastic film poured a gallon of this soap and added water then made him take a bath in it.

Presto One dumbazz good as new.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Midnight Express had a guy that would grind without a mask all day he did that for years,The Egyptians I had welding at the factory would not wear a shield until I forced them.
    Those Egyptians are used to that bright sun, they figure they could handle the welding, lol. What work did you do with Midnight Express? Nice boats.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadInjun View Post
    Those Egyptians are used to that bright sun, they figure they could handle the welding, lol. What work did you do with Midnight Express? Nice boats.
    I did no work there, my friends were relatives of Pedro and I used to buy fiberglass supply's from them once in a while.Very Clean first rate Glass work.