Thread: IPR Question

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Ended up being the Yellow and Red wire going into the connector on the IPR that had worked itself out of the connector. After a LOT of work and more parts than I care to recall we finally got it worked out.

Was throwing code 1283.

Additionally this made the buzz test throw 1271, 1273, 1275, 1277, 1293, and 1294.

Just thought I'd throw that out for people searching in the future.

2. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    glad you got it fixed! just curious... Did the ford diag site help you through the ipr circuit or were you wiggling hranesses and found it? either way you got a running truck and a spare pump. now with that scanner you can pinpoint even farther before having to replace anything. you got a good deal on that scanner. so good that i would just keep it. you could spend more than that in a dealer for diag.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

3. Collapse Details

and when circuits go haywire it can make codes like that on a buzz test. I always do koeo first if it does not run and address any hard faults (or the first code on the list) and then see if the others go away.

Now go drag that boat to the water!

4. Collapse Details

Oh - I am definitely keeping that scanner - it would cost me 300 bucks to get it towed to the dealer and diagnosed.

Actually I started following the ford site - The first couple steps were ohm testing the PCM relay to the IPR red side, and then ohm testing the IPR coil, etc.... Eventually it worked its way down to two or three different "problems" and the common thread on each problem was that Circuit 522 was either shorted or disconnected. I was then able to narrow down what Circuit 522 was and it even said it was the Yellow and Red wire. I looked at the harness and pulled the glue out of the back and as I did the Yellow/Red wire came right out.

The wire wasn't corroded, or broken - it just looked like it had pulled back into the insulation over the years. Very stange. I put it back in the connector and siliconed it in - hopefully it stays. I would have never found it without that direction because it looked fine in the connector from the outside....

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    Now go drag that boat to the water!
    got to change fuel filters and blower oil and give it a waxing and I am ready to rock

6. Collapse Details

I just had the same concern on a 330000 mile 7.3 the IPRconnection was fried. Anyways i got the part number of the pigtail for ya. it was $15.00 6E7Z-12A690-DA Put her on with some weatherproof heat shrink crimps and it is the updated pigtail. it has plastic snaps no more metal retainer. i like them a little better. just be sure to not mix the wires up.